**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Did you like the new Arcade Event so far?

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I like it, but I hate the entry fee. I have no way to practice. They could have just let us pick a difficulty to lock into instead.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    No
    Great rewards. But damn this is both needlessly complicated and ridiculously boring/tedious. They could have at least added a "replay" button so I have to go through fewer screens.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Yes
    It's meh. Not anything new or fun, but not disappointing.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I like the rewards but usually I can get some t1a from the side quests but this time i can't unless i want to drop all the other higher rewards
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    No
    It's boring and top of that even if we would have allowed to do all difficulty,still it wouldn't have fun with same repetitive fight many times.
  • No
    I never received any tokens
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    The rewards are nice but that Aegis Rogue is possibly the most annoying thing I've ever faced in this game, maybe second to that Heimdal a couple years ago that started with 2 bars of power and a power gain charge for everyone he'd knocked out already.

It's also really dumb that if you do a couple runs of Legendary (or whatever difficulty) and ultimately decide it's too much for you, you've now wasted those tokens. It takes minimum 5 tokens to get the first prize in a difficulty, and you only get 16 tokens (per round), so enough to complete one difficulty and half of another, with one token to spare. So if you run out of potions/units trying to get to 15, you're just screwed.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    No
    I rather dislike the illusion of choice, having to run the quest that gives 3 stamps instead of the others which give 2.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    No
    IKON said:

I rather dislike the illusion of choice, having to run the quest that gives 3 stamps instead of the others which give 2.

This was the biggest flaw of that side event.
    Why the **** the had three arcade options since only the mutant was worth doing?
    To confuse and annoy players that played the other two without knowing that they will be rewarded less?
    On top of that, general design of the quest was pretty complicated.
    Take tickets, get coins, find the correct arcade etc.
    Only positive is that is no time consuming and can be done at your own pace. Rewards are ok for the time needed, but in general underwhelming. They would be better if the tokens were enough to play all difficulties.
  • IryseIryse Posts: 462 ★★★
    No
    Repeat again and again. Whats the point except rewards. Not fun.

Best quests were Moleman expeditions and deadpool treasure island according to me till now. They were both fun and replayability value was high.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Lvernon15 said:

I mean, rewards for time are great, it’s just mind numbingly boring with the quests all having the same opponents

This. Wish it at least changed weekly instead of biweekly.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    Yes
    I will take this any day over the ...do one thing to unlock the second thing to finally reach the actual quest. OR- do a daily quest daily for 30 days only to get less than what we’re getting now

This requires 5 runs and can be done in around 30 minutes.

Legendary is fun
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    No
    Difficulty-wise it's pretty easy, which is good.
    It is not as time-consuming as most of their side quests, it's good.
    Some fights are even fun (rogue, nc, uc), it's good.
    But it's repetitive, wich is not very fun. But doesn't take a lot of time. So doesn't really matter. Would prefer to bring 3 champs instead of 5 and remove some boring fights like wolverine.
    Finally, the rewards system. Having to read forums. Having to save entries to maximize rewards. Not fun at all. It's fine to choose between rewards, but I would prefer store type quest with equal rewards over this one any day
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I suck enough to where it’s not completely boring. It was fun learning which of my champs can deal with Rogue without the risk of getting light attacked (so far HB after L1 and SorcS. Probably mojo too)
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    No
    Rewards are good.. Event isnt.. too complicated and confusing.. Prize Card, Tokens, Stamps, Objectives....
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 970 ★★★★

It sucks that you can't do all difficulties.

There is no point for me to get the rank-up rewards. I am swimming in T4cc and T4bc. It is T1a that is my biggest bottleneck. And once again, you can only get T1a if you do master difficulty. That's absurd. Kabam doesn't understand the basic needs of their players.

It's made way too complicated. I had to read the forum post three times to even grasp how to start the event. I don't understand why Kabam works with different vouchers, tokens, etc. You can be sure some players will screw up and miss the rewards they want.

I have the same problem, I need t1a for rank ups, but doing master seems like such a waste. So I just ended up going for the shards. I'd say its a pretty cool event, but due to the solo objectives - it limits the player to only one difficulty, which is pretty unnecessary and specific. Also, they made it quite confusing and complicated, I too had to read the forum post multiple times to fully understand it. Rewards are decent tho....

P. S. That rhino fight can go s*** my a**.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Yes
    Yes as the fights are cool to do but a little bit boring to do 8 times the same fights... I know it's a pretty old arcade game (as kabam Miike said) but a little bit of fancy changes here and there would have been cool ;)

Maybe some geek could hack the arcade game and change one of the champion by another from time to time ?
  • Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★
    Yes
    It's ok, it isn't great but it isn't bad either, it's time to get a break this month :D
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Fun but restrictive. I want to experience the Spidey and Avengers event but I'm forced to play the mutant one, 27 times in order to get the 10% T5CC. It's also a letdown that you can't do all the other difficulties because I still need those 4* crystals and T1A among others.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    Yes
    I like it, but hate that you can’t make a mistake to max out your rewards
  • SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Posts: 244 ★★
    edited January 2021
    Yes
    51% Yes, 49% No. 51% mainly for the rewards. Otherwise, this is one of the most confusing events so far. Systems built on systems, and it's also split between 2/2 Weeks.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Where's the 'Meh' poll option? I do love the theme in any case.

Event is par for the course. It's a tad monotonous, but the value for effort is gonna be good. An event is only truly bad when you're not properly rewarded.

Making an amazing event either means over-compensating players or giving the challenge some fun mechanics. Over-compensating is generally bad for the game economy and fun mechanics can easily turned into flaming hoops to jump through.

Honestly, 'meh' is pretty good in light of some alternatives.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I like that and it fits in my work schedule. Give me 8 coins and I can play whenever I'm available.
    I focus on Legendary Mutant Showdown as I need to play 16 out of 32 in order to get the 10% T5CC crystal.
    Basically once you get used to the nodes of each champ, it is a simple quest. Although rewards are not very appealing, it is still appropriate versus the difficulty and time involved.
  • aCidViciousaCidVicious Posts: 16
    What arcade event? Where can I find this?
    And why can't I find any information about when the event quests are going to start ... "Prodigal Son" I think they'll be called? Anybody have an idea?
  • AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    No
    The rank up rewards are trash. The only good rewards are the shard ones. Legendary difficulty makes me feel like in 6.2 again.
  • aCidViciousaCidVicious Posts: 16
    edited January 2021

What arcade event? Where can I find this?
    And why can't I find any information about when the event quests are going to start ... "Prodigal Son" I think they'll be called? Anybody have an idea?

OMG How long has it been since they pushed the update? Just don't tell anybody that there's a new version or that you need the new version to play in the quests, and let people log in with the old version just to ***** with them.
    **** you in your ****** face Kabam. Such a d-bag move.