**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

UNDO Button - Recovered Energy ??

In Mail Message about new UNDO button in AQ, it says you won’t recapture your Energy that was spent on your mistaken branch.

But just tried it, and although, Yes, technically, it seemed like I didn’t get that 1 energy back. BUT, it DIDN'T use up another energy again to go right back on that same path afterward (went same path, was just testing the feature).

So, acted like that 1-step segment was still counted as “explored/traveled”, so that it didn’t use up another energy for yourself (or someone later going that way, if indeed you changed to a different path after your Undo) when going on that initial Undone path. Even though you had “backed out” of that path, and then technically nobody is at that node anymore (but still shows as if it is still “explored”) ???

Seems to me, the feature should have at least truly applied that “1 energy” Penalty (or however many steps it was after split before you reach an actual node). Instead of letting the next person have a FREE RIDE to that node.
With the way it seems implemented currently, a team could “MANIPULATE” their BG-wide Energy by letting someone use 1 of their own energy to help someone else on a different split-path (in case some paths are more energy-intensive than others).

Comments

• MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    I actually liked it. It gives others the ability to finish their path before bedtime if their timezone is different. But I understand where youre coming from.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

In Mail Message about new UNDO button in AQ, it says you won’t recapture your Energy that was spent on your mistaken branch.

But just tried it, and although, Yes, technically, it seemed like I didn’t get that 1 energy back. BUT, it DIDN'T use up another energy again to go right back on that same path afterward (went same path, was just testing the feature).

So, acted like that 1-step segment was still counted as “explored/traveled”, so that it didn’t use up another energy for yourself (or someone later going that way, if indeed you changed to a different path after your Undo) when going on that initial Undone path. Even though you had “backed out” of that path, and then technically nobody is at that node anymore (but still shows as if it is still “explored”) ???

Seems to me, the feature should have at least truly applied that “1 energy” Penalty (or however many steps it was after split before you reach an actual node). Instead of letting the next person have a FREE RIDE to that node.
    With the way it seems implemented currently, a team could “MANIPULATE” their BG-wide Energy by letting someone use 1 of their own energy to help someone else on a different split-path (in case some paths are more energy-intensive than others).

I believe it meant your Energy Meter won't replenish them, but the steps will be comped.
    If what you say is true at least. That would make sense. However, allowing others to go free as "explored by Ally Members" would be detrimental I think.
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Seems cool will help if u need to taxi someone
  • Just think that allowing alliances to help speed up on some paths or to taxi people who are time-constrained because of timezone, etc. isn’t what this Undo was intended for (they already did 45 minute timers to help that).

But I can see how there really wouldn’t be a good solution anyways. If 2 ppl are both online together, the 2nd person could follow the lead right after (without energy) before the 1st person would then do his Undo. And no potential software change to either “revert to unexplored”, or only allowing Undo within a minute, or such, would even solve that anyways because 2nd person would already be at that point.

Just think that allowing alliances to help speed up on some paths or to taxi people who are time-constrained because of timezone, etc. isn’t what this Undo was intended for (they already did 45 minute timers to help that).

But I can see how there really wouldn’t be a good solution anyways. If 2 ppl are both online together, the 2nd person could follow the lead right after (without energy) before the 1st person would then do his Undo. And no potential software change to either “revert to unexplored”, or only allowing Undo within a minute, or such, would even solve that anyways because 2nd person would already be at that point.

It's a negative. People will say it doesn't hurt anyone but anything that bypasses the whole point of team work and time management goes against the whole point of the design. Piggyback one, then piggyback the next...not kosher.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    jdeck59 said:

But who cares? Not like it negatively affects anyone

It would, in a sense, negatively affect other alliances. If your alliance couldn't finish maps in time before but now could because of this "piggybacking", it could affect the AQ leaderboard and grant you rewards that you wouldn't have gotten without this mechanic.