**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I wanna do abyss a bit differently, and I need your opinions !

Onurre2Onurre2 Posts: 173 ★★
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
As you all know there is an 'easy path' on abyss. From my practices I found that Thing, Omega red and Quake fights a bit hard. I practiced a lot with the Thing (I have to say that I don't have Nick fury, but I have Aegon and doom as 5 stars and I have Human torch 6 star rank 3) and that Thing is relatively easier with Nick fury evade charges (I'm using Aegon for him) but without Nick fury that fight gets really frustrating to build up Aegon (he baits me when he has 15 rock stacks, I'm trying to hit his block to make him go above 1 bar of power but he tries to intercept and goes unstoppable. This happened almost all the time) at least I find it harder without NF synergy. I usually beat that Thing around 4 revives with Aegon (with expiring revives I practice Abyss fights) but then that omega red is really stingy to me with his special 1 and that fight requires a lot of focus to finish. Trying to stay under 10 spors and trying to baiting his special 1. After that there is a Quake fight and I have to say I'm pretty bad with her specail 1 evade. I've been playing this game for like 4 years but I still sometimes get caught by her sp1.

So I have a different plan that I need your opinions on ;

I will bring ;
As 5*65
Aegon
Doom
Magneto
Stealth spidey
As 6* rank 3
Human torch
I will start with the path 2 (blue line) and take down darkhawk with 1 revive (I practiced against him and magneto can almost easily 2shot him maybe even a 1shot) and then I'll take down Luke cage with spidey and maybe even 1shot him (I know he is a really hard fight but I watched Lagacy's video and it look really possible.) Then I'll take down Dormammu with Human torch probably with 1 revive. After the Mordo fight I'll switch lanes and go for the path1 road (yellow line). This sounds easier to me than fighting Thing, Omega red, Quake and Medusa. (I'll start ramping up Aegon on the Ghost fight which is a lot easier than ramping him up in the Thing fight)

This is my plan for my first run in the abyss to get the first clear rewards. What do you guys think? Am I making things a lot harder for myself or is it a 'not bad at all' plan ? And can I start ramping up Aegon on the ghost fight ?
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    There's a havok between Luke cage and Dormammu. You would have to bring in a counter for him.

Edit: Never mind I was looking at the wrong path

Sounds like a plan. Go for it but make sure to practice the Luke cage fight. It can get dicey really quickly.
  • Onurre2Onurre2 Posts: 173 ★★
    edited January 2021

There's a havok between Luke cage and Dormammu. You would have to bring in a counter for him.

Edit: never mind I was looking at the wrong path

oh and I see your edit now okey :smile:
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Sounds good, just don't forget that you're going off map for you future runs so you don't miss a node or fight. That happened with me in LoL and I had to redo Path 1 because I missed an EMPTY NODE. With Lab, it's not a big deal at all to do another run, but having to do an extra Abyss run would suck.
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    do path 4. its not like there is anyone too hard that will kill off everyone on ur team
  • PyrdaPyrda Posts: 255 ★★
    I did it without fury too, IW was a bit hard for the Rest fury is not needed, my team was aegon, doom, heimdal, human torch and proxima i did it on Black Friday week cuz I wanted the tb deals, so I was in a hurry but I stayed under 5k units without farming revives etc. before
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Do you have a starlord?

I had issues with thing at times so i dropped quake and replaced with starlord. If you get tagged, you'll keep your combo so his ramp up was easy for me then and he was at 999 by the end of omega and omega dropped pretty quickly from the thing ramp up. Quake wasn't bad with full combo either dropping sp2s after heavy cheese.

I also found Aegon worked better for me on Invisible woman than NF cause I didn't have willpower or suicides (went for fury mastery upgrades and kept same masteries all the way through) and if I messed up he was instantly dead, but a slightly healed up Aegon could take a couple hits and punish back and his sp2 bleeds were great.

Aegon was the primary goal for fast ramp up and I think it paid off in the long run, plus since you don't have NF, Aegon is gonna do most the work anyway. Also starlord can put in some work as an extra fight anytime you use a team revive, but you'll typically want to keep team mates kod for the extra damage (doom has increased damage for each ko member). Doom will do all the cosmic fights. Just keep slapping them to nullify and they're pretty regular fights.

My hardest fights were ImIW during the last 15% and getting used to the timing of the parry on cyclops at first. I'm not great, not bad either, and got through the path with about 2500 units, not many revives in stock, but did have a few hundred potions banked from grinding before I went in.

Collector took my lunch money and cost me almost as many units as the entire path cause I was so nervous and flustered. If you have revives in overflow, keep them for your main run.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Grean said:

do path 4. its not like there is anyone too hard that will kill off everyone on ur team

Yeah, it's not like Ghulk, Yellowjacket, Hood, Morningstar, Red Skull, Sym, and Masacre are on that path.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Go for it. I suggest finding an empty abyss map and drawing your own lines on it. Good luck OP!
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Good luck OP! You can do anything you put your mind to!
  • Onurre2Onurre2 Posts: 173 ★★
    Thanks guys. Now I'm really ready for it :) Will do my own map as well, it would really be bad if I miss a path because of my first different path :smiley: