**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Stryfe- What are your thoughts?

DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
Where do you think he'll fall? I'm regretting a bit about using my last generic AG on Apoc.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    @Karatemike415 does he need the dupe?

My thoughts are that I have to stop blowing money on the early access bundles. Got two five stars out of all the deals (both the Cavs and Grandmasters) and didn’t even pull a three star Stryfe.
    Anyways.
    Stryfe seems like a great champ. Depending on how his abilities work with Passive Unstoppables, he has the potential to be a fantastic Abyss clearer. I would wait on ranking him up though until more people get him and get to play with him.

I feel you. This is the first 5* I believe I got from the bundles in a very, very long time.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Also to add onto my previous comment, I am saving up all my 5* shards for when he's in the next featured, and will buy the summoner sigil just so I can have some discounted attempts at him 🤣
    ItsDamien said:

Also to add onto my previous comment, I am saving up all my 5* shards for when he's in the next featured, and will buy the summoner sigil just so I can have some discounted attempts at him 🤣

Lol let me know how it goes in 3 months.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Lol let me know how it goes in 3 months.
    I should have around.... 300k shards by then I think. I hope one of those will get me him.

I don’t know about stryfe. He’s got some great utility, but the concussion and unstoppable counter require the charges, which already seem absolutely hellish to ramp.

He’s a freaking excellent champ when ramped, but ramping him seems...frankly dreadful unless you’re abyss or labyrinth

Hmmmmm now you're making nervous lol
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

I don’t know about stryfe. He’s got some great utility, but the concussion and unstoppable counter require the charges, which already seem absolutely hellish to ramp.

He’s a freaking excellent champ when ramped, but ramping him seems...frankly dreadful unless you’re abyss or labyrinth

Hmmmmm now you're making nervous lol
    Obviously I haven’t played him, but that’s what I’m seeing from Kam and Luhdemtaters, who I typically trust over other sources for champ impressions

Don’t get me wrong, he’s going to be good, undoubtedly, but I’m worried about his practicality, although you’ll be able to judge that better than me
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    I think his ramp up is fine for what he is able to do (big focus on doing high end content and not like a monthly EQ) https://twitter.com/kamMCOC look at Kam's recent tweets for more of a breakdown but from what I see he is able to solo 5mil health opponents in Abyss when fully ramped up
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    From what I've seen, he looks pretty good except for the fact that most content that he was created for, other champs do it better. Its not that he's bad or anything, but he was kinda made for the abyss, but most people are just gonna be sticking with aegon, doom, nick, and torch. So like, he definitely has stuff going on and he'll be good for act 5, 6, and 7, its just that for the abyss, he's not gonna be your first go-to champ.
    P.S. all the vids we've seen have been with synergies, and u wouldn't bring any synergy champs into the abyss, so we have to take that into consideration
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    It's not clear what Stryfe's niche is going to be.

Whether compared to ramp up champions or utility champions, Stryfe has a lot of abilities, but there currently seems to be better options than him.

- When you need a champion for long quest/fights, you'd probably want Aegon (or G2099) instead of Stryfe (unless there are a lot of Electros on your path), as they have immunities/tenacity.
    - If you want an evade counter, Ghost is a quicker bet, without needing ramp up.
    - If you want to avoid damage coming back, OR is a solid choice within the same Mutant class, without needing ramp up.

But, I might have to change my mind once there are a lot more videos out showing his fully ramped damage. And who knows, maybe like Warlock, the combination of abilities together is more useful than it seems individually.

Does Stryfe's increasing damage bypass certain node damage caps? That would be a helpful bit of utility where he could be used in content where G2099 might be limited.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    After watching some more gameplay, he looks pretty good. The ramp up looks a bit dull, but in longer quests where it seems his kit was designed for, it doesn't seem too bad. Just wondering if he's good enough to replace the top champions.

After watching some more gameplay, he looks pretty good. The ramp up looks a bit dull, but in longer quests where it seems his kit was designed for, it doesn't seem too bad. Just wondering if he's good enough to replace the top champions.

He really can't. literally any place that you are using stryfe, your probably just gonna use guilly 2099 or aegon. Most utilities that he has are done better by other champions. And the worst part about the whole thing is that he can't compare to aegon or guilly 2099 WITH the horseman synergy. So without it... he'll be good for progressing rosters, but endgame rosters will already have champions that can do what he can do, but better
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

Grean said:

He really can't. literally any place that you are using stryfe, your probably just gonna use guilly 2099 or aegon. Most utilities that he has are done better by other champions. And the worst part about the whole thing is that he can't compare to aegon or guilly 2099 WITH the horseman synergy. So without it... he'll be good for progressing rosters, but endgame rosters will already have champions that can do what he can do, but better
    I don't know. Aegon takes much longer to ramp up than Stryfe. I'm not sure dull would be the right word for his ramp up as I find Aegon's ramp up super boring. I have a R5 G2099 and I despise using her as just getting the damage unlocked for her requires certain things to go right as well.

Stryfe looks way more fun to use than G2099 though.
    He does look fun and decently powerful, but I don't think anyone will ever be better than Aegon for really long content

Grean said:

I don't know. Aegon takes much longer to ramp up than Stryfe. I'm not sure dull would be the right word for his ramp up as I find Aegon's ramp up super boring. I have a R5 G2099 and I despise using her as just getting the damage unlocked for her requires certain things to go right as well.

Even though aegon take longer to ramp up, he's still by far the best champion at what he does. As for guilly 2099, I would say that they are more or less at the same level, but guilly, again, is great all around champ, while stryfe is kinda just a copy that wont get any action in the places he's made for.
    Grean said:

Grean said:

Even though aegon take longer to ramp up, he's still by far the best champion at what he does. As for guilly 2099, I would say that they are more or less at the same level, but guilly, again, is great all around champ, while stryfe is kinda just a copy that wont get any action in the places he's made for.
    Stryfe seems a bit better than Aegon for Abyss and can actually do fights that Aegon wouldn't normally do, such as The Champion and Medusa. I have no idea what other champs he can counter but he seems very good for Abyss. I do not have either Stryfe or Aegon as a 5* tho so take my words with a grain of salt
    edited January 2021

Grean said:

Grean said:

Stryfe seems a bit better than Aegon for Abyss and can actually do fights that Aegon wouldn't normally do, such as The Champion and Medusa. I have no idea what other champs he can counter but he seems very good for Abyss. I do not have either Stryfe or Aegon as a 5* tho so take my words with a grain of salt
    We need to see what he's like without synergies, Cuz you aren't gonna be bringing him into abyss with a whole team of synergies just for him
    He would've been much better if he was released in 2018, cuz the game has evolved and gotten champs that doe most things that he does.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    The other thing to hold against Stryfe is the fact that he is a mutant (kinda funny, as in comics mutants are discriminated against).

There are so many Mutants to rank, that mutant class catalysts (T4cc and especially T5cc) are a major limiting factor.
    Even the person you want to partner with Stryfe (Apocalypse) also requires the same rank up catalysts. Add in Cable, and that is three times the amount of Mutant catalysts required. Sure, you could keep Apocalypse and Cable at R1, but if I am using a trinity that focuses on one champion, I'd go with Domino trinity.

If Stryfe is made for Abyss like fights, there are other Mutant champions for Abyss to rank up preferably (Red Magneto definitely, Apocalypse likely, and even Prof X has recently been shown to solo some Abyss fights).

In contrast, the decision to rank up and use Skill catalysts for the purpose of Abyss is..... Aegon (you could argue Nick Fury, but that is only really for one or two fights that could be done by other champions).
    edited January 2021
    altavista said:

The other thing to hold against Stryfe is the fact that he is a mutant (kinda funny, as in comics mutants are discriminated against).

There are so many Mutants to rank, that mutant class catalysts (T4cc and especially T5cc) are a major limiting factor.
    Even the person you want to partner with Stryfe (Apocalypse) also requires the same rank up catalysts. Add in Cable, and that is three times the amount of Mutant catalysts required. Sure, you could keep Apocalypse and Cable at R1, but if I am using a trinity that focuses on one champion, I'd go with Domino trinity.

If Stryfe is made for Abyss like fights, there are other Mutant champions for Abyss to rank up preferably (Red Magneto definitely, Apocalypse likely, and even Prof X has recently been shown to solo some Abyss fights).

In contrast, the decision to rank up and use Skill catalysts for the purpose of Abyss is..... Aegon (you could argue Nick Fury, but that is only really for one or two fights that could be done by other champions).

Your answer for your problem is in there but I'm kinda confused why you dismissed it. If you have Cable, Apoc, and Stryfe and want to use Stryfe just take up Stryfe, I don't know what you mean about how you would "go with Domino trinity" as Domino can not do Abyss on the level of Stryfe.