**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New AW tactic question

JslapJslap Posts: 67
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Does willpower count as a regeneration effect? If so, that mean every time a debuff is put on #regenerator defender, and willpower starts, a new passive power gain is gained by defender? 🤔
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Since it says:

"whenever they trigger a Regeneration effect"

I would guess yes. Suicides on def could work on that as well. Also they say it has a cooldown from 1 sec after start.

I guess we have to do some field testing :)
  • GatorSlam_MrvKnGatorSlam_MrvKn Posts: 211
    I think it has to be the regen “buff”
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,998 ★★★★★

Nah it’s not just the buff because they listed champions like Blade and Mephisto under the tag, and they regenerate without a buff or passive or anything. It honestly may just be based on the defender’s health bar going up instead of down. I’m sure they’ve considered mastery based healing though, otherwise every single champion with salve would trigger it.
  • gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★
    So a stupid question. Magneto stops the regen of g99. But at war he will not be able?
  • gp87 said:

So a stupid question. Magneto stops the regen of g99. But at war he will not be able?

it wont trigger so he will be a natural counter anyways.
    Wicket329 said:

Nah it’s not just the buff because they listed champions like Blade and Mephisto under the tag, and they regenerate without a buff or passive or anything. It honestly may just be based on the defender’s health bar going up instead of down. I’m sure they’ve considered mastery based healing though, otherwise every single champion with salve would trigger it.
    They said it wont trigger from the start (1 sec cooldown)
    So I think salve is out with that.
    And suicides + WP prob as well
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yeah hoping salve doesn’t trigger it 😬
  • Chawi79Chawi79 Posts: 27

This would mean, I think, that eventually Mags isn't a counter anymore for metal champs. Because they will lose that tag.. R.I.P R3 Mags of mine 😭
  • Chawi79Chawi79 Posts: 27
    Oeh, liking your way of thinking. Hope you are correct
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    He has to be correct or rank down tickets would be needed for everyone who rank 4/5 rank 2/3 all magnetos.

Kabam wouldn’t just nerf magneto all willy nilly.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

@Jslap Willpower does NOT count as a Regeneration effect in this case. Hope this helps!

What about salve?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★

Kabam Boo said:

@Jslap Willpower does NOT count as a Regeneration effect in this case. Hope this helps!

What about salve?
    No
    edited January 2021
    Kabam Boo said:

It helps a little. I think there needs to be more clarification about what counts as regeneration as the design of so many champs and their unique regeneration methods.
    That itself needs the clarification. Like stated above, Blade and Mephisto don’t process a regen “buff” but regenerate.
    Some examples:
    Sasquatch regenerate is passive. YOUR wording of the defense tactic is regeneration. You do realize their are more than one way to regenerate, via buff, passive, or just regenerate cuz you can like blade.

So therefore Kabam needs better wording for the defense tactic. Just saying champion will gain (x) power gain if they regenerate is a patch fix.
    If you know how ALL the champs regenerate you would have added more wording to describe how each unique regeneration causes said power gain from that defense tactic.
    Also, this would’ve been figured out if you did proper QA testing on the tactic with all regenerate champs.
  • TheGhost203TheGhost203 Posts: 17
    When can we search for the new aw tags? Currently no aw regenerator tag is able to be searched and champs like Blade don’t have aw tags listed
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★

Kabam Boo said:

It helps a little. I think there needs to be more clarification about what counts as regeneration as the design of so many champs and their unique regeneration methods.
    That itself needs the clarification. Like stated above, Blade and Mephisto don’t process a regen “buff” but regenerate.
    Some examples:
    Sasquatch regenerate is passive. YOUR wording of the defense tactic is regeneration. You do realize their are more than one way to regenerate, via buff, passive, or just regenerate cuz you can like blade.

So therefore Kabam needs better wording for the defense tactic. Just saying champion will gain (x) power gain if they regenerate is a patch fix.
    If you know how ALL the champs regenerate you would have added more wording to describe how each unique regeneration causes said power gain from that defense tactic.
    Also, this would’ve been figured out if you did proper QA testing on the tactic with all regenerate champs.
    well these are the only champs that matter with this new tactic so Sasquatch isn't a factor. All of these champs and their regens is pretty simple.

Angela, Blade, Cable, Darkhawk, Diablo, Green Goblin, Guillotine 2099, Howard The Duck, Iron Man, King Groot, Magik, Man-Thing, Mephisto, Mysterio, Namor, Punisher 2099, Red Hulk, Sabretooth, Mister Sinister, Sorcerer Supreme, Ultron, Ultron (Classic), Wolverine and Old Man Logan

Kabam Boo said:

Some examples:

well these are the only champs that matter with this new tactic so Sasquatch isn't a factor. All of these champs and their regens is pretty simple.

Angela, Blade, Cable, Darkhawk, Diablo, Green Goblin, Guillotine 2099, Howard The Duck, Iron Man, King Groot, Magik, Man-Thing, Mephisto, Mysterio, Namor, Punisher 2099, Red Hulk, Sabretooth, Mister Sinister, Sorcerer Supreme, Ultron, Ultron (Classic), Wolverine and Old Man Logan
    Blade, Mephisto, Magik regens without any buff active. I’m not saying they don’t regen, they do it without activating a buff.
  • 3size3size Posts: 7
    edited January 2021
    >This Power Gain is removed when the Defender is Heal Blocked, and will not trigger in the first 1 second(s) of the fight.

"Heal Blocked" - how about ArchAngel's neurotoxin or Warlock's infection that contains Heal Block effect.
    Only Heal Block Debuff?
    edited January 2021
    Mike192 said:

3size said:

>This Power Gain is removed when the Defender is Heal Blocked, and will not trigger in the first 1 second(s) of the fight.

"Heal Blocked" - how about ArchAngel's neurotoxin or Warlock's infection that contains Heal Block effect.
    Only Heal Block Debuff?

Is warlock AW Regen Attacker?
    I dont think he has to be a regen attacker for that to work

Depends if his passive healblock counts. Guess we will see after fieldtesting :)
    edited January 2021
    Mike192 said:

Seraphion said:

Mike192 said:

3size said:

Only Heal Block Debuff?

Depends if his passive healblock counts. Guess we will see after fieldtesting :)
    His healblock will cancel regen but it wont prevent power gain.
    How do you know?
    @Mike192
  • LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    Sorcerer Supreme would be one trouble
    LeoZed said:

Sorcerer Supreme would be one trouble

I wonder if Warlock's powerdrain is faster or slower than her powergain then.

Also she only heals if she banks runes in her 2nd mode and then uses a SP after right?
    So there should be a way to play around them.

You can also keep SP3 as emergency powerdrain.
    Kabam Boo said:

Good to know, probably means this tactic is going to be pretty meh
  • pigupompompigupompom Posts: 110
    edited January 2021
    Usually with changes like this come with a massive update to the reward too. Any good news for us on that?

Nobody is interested in new tactic if the reward is stale.
  • joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
    This tactic isn’t an increase in difficulty.
    joke1004 said:

This tactic isn’t an increase in difficulty.

Yeah, it’s definitely a net decrease, easier than stubborn without a doubt, pretty sure protect will be meta now, which from our experience when we faced it last season is also quite a bit easier than stubborn
  • JslapJslap Posts: 67
    Mike192 said:

Seraphion said:

Mike192 said:

3size said:

Only Heal Block Debuff?

His healblock will cancel regen but it wont prevent power gain.
    Going to guess Warlocks heal block will count. Reading his abilities and it uses the words Heal Blocked. And the tactic doesnt say heal block debuff.