**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Idk why but I’m not rlly that excited.

SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Opened a 5* basic and got a CMM. Its ok but I really don’t want to rank her up for some reason. I’m probably dumb for that but I’m serious. I have 5* nick fury but still. Anyone else think she’s meh or just me.

Comments

• jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    She's awesome, just try her out. I think you'll like her a lot. Good luck!
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    jdrum663 said:

She's awesome, just try her out. I think you'll like her a lot. Good luck!

She was my first r5 4* and I got to say I kinda dreaded using her. Might rank her for incursions tho
    Ya I have NF and hype as my 2 5/65s
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I'm going to be honest I have a rank 5 CMM sig 200 and I barely use her at all outside of incursions. I think if you don't run suicides she's solid for her utility but isn't really a needed champion if you have other good cosmics. I use hyperion and cosmic ghost rider far more often
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You’re drunk. Beast.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    She's a beast in Incursions. I use my unduped 6*R2 a lot and fights are mostly done with a single SP2 with the proper hacks. Me and my Incursion partner have no problem reaching Sector 8, Zone 10 every Incursion cycle.

But outside of Incursion, I only use her against paths where I need her Armor Breaks, Cavalier EQ path clearing, or if she counters the boss like 6.2 Sinister. She's great but I can see your point. Hyperion is a better all-rounder.
    Idk is she good for 6.3 and beyond? If she is I will r4 her
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Honestly.... I don't use her that much. I've only taken her to R4 5* and I don't think I'll ever take her to R5. There's something about her play style that doesn't suit me
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    I never took her past 1. For exploring act 5, one run through act 6 all the way (clearing 6.4.6), didn’t need her. Would she make some fights easier...sure.

Her I’ll never rank up, same with Corvus and others. I did take NF up and used a gem and 100stones...100% regret
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I've been sitting on her too. Had her 5* duped and R4 a couple months now and never use her. I took up Hyperion to R5 first, and then venom 6* to R2 yesterday (variants) and have a 5* Duped R5 Corvus and Medusa so cosmic is set for most situations already. She's still on my radar but have other 6* cosmic options too, so just haven't been interested. I know she's good and I have r5 duped 6* Nick Fury for the synergy, but for some reason, just have never really been excited for her based on when she came into my roster and other options at the time. Now, most of the focus has gravitated to 6* rank ups since getting thronebreaker. If I had less 5*, she'd definitely get ranked, but at this point, not sure if she will see R5 or not.
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    She is literally really good,won't say her top 10,I myself have her at 4* R5,it's really easy to save those charges with fury,but u can't always rely on him,right?with fury,she is absolute beast,though without him,I find difficult to save those charges,i used her a lot as I had 5* NF,but used 4* r5 capiw much more.she will be helpful to u in many scenarios,u can rank her up,but it's me saying,as I'm looking for these types of 5* though always get a mid tier champ that confuses me to rank up lol
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    But i'm really wanting hype man,and a cosmic awakening gem

Threads like is are what make me question continuing to come here

It’s not like I’m disappointed that I got her cuz it could have been MUCH worse I just don’t have a use for her cuz I have my boi Hyperion at r5. Plus I kinda hate using her
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    If you don’t like a champ don’t rank them up lol no one is forcing you to rank anyone. (Except for my old ally leader who made me r5 unstoppable colossus so we could twin, totally worth it)
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Everyday someone open a "meh thread" about top champions. One day is Domino, next day is Ghost, the other day is Cap Marvel. Who's next (with mental problem)? :p
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    HI_guys said:

Or this

I might have to try her pew pew
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    She needs some small ramp up and then hits very hard. I have her at 5* r5 and practically dont use her because I prefer Venom in my team (I am more used to his moveset). But CMM is very useful for fast clears of lanes in UC EQ
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I felt exactly the same when I pulled her. But for my it was my negative feelings towards Brie Larson and the MCU Captain Marvel. I really really really dislike characters that are not 'flawed' like our patriot from that other comic book franchise. Will never like him either.
    But then I played around with her on an alt account, and actually liked her playstyle. So ranked her up. Since then I have hardly used her thou outside of arena.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

I felt exactly the same when I pulled her. But for my it was my negative feelings towards Brie Larson and the MCU Captain Marvel. I really really really dislike characters that are not 'flawed' like our patriot from that other comic book franchise. Will never like him either.
    But then I played around with her on an alt account, and actually liked her playstyle. So ranked her up. Since then I have hardly used her thou outside of arena.

The movie version has flaws though. An emotionless muppet
    If you replaced the movie version with a cardboard cutout, I wouldn't have noticed the difference.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    HI_guys said:

But the tell her so often she shows too much emotion. I started to believe she did. I was blinded by bad writing.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    I really don't get the hate towards CMM. She was my first 6*R2.

Look, to have disliked Brie Larson's acting, or her character in real life ( other MCU actors also dislike her personality) or even the movie itself is one thing... that I can somewhat understand.

However, letting that translate into your enjoyment or not of the game I really cant understand. Example: I really dislike the character design of Warlock, find him too goofy for me to take seriously... still he's my srcond 6* R2 because his utility cannot be overlooked. I also dislike the whole idea of spider-ham, don't even see the point of his existence in the Marvel universe, actually... do I want him as a 5* or 6* though? Of course I do! Why wouldn't I want the only degen immune champ in the game???

So, having NF and a duped CMM and not wanting to rank her just because of Brie Larsson? BONKERS!

Ranking resources are limited of course son I can understand prioritizing Hype or CGR over her but ... do you run suicides? If you do and have NF then she's a no brainer, better than Hype and CGR of suicides are in play. Duped? Even better!! Sure Hype can and will hit like a truck on SP2 and SP3 but it better be the last one or when oppo has no power cuz if opponent retaliates with a SP3 you're dead. CMM though? You can just go to town full aggressive mode once you're ramped and powered up without worrying of retaliation cuz you'll be indestructible when it happens.

The only reason I would agree/understand not ranking up a god/beyond god tier champ (if u have the resources to spare that is) is if you truly abhor its playstyle. In my case that'll be Quake. She's sitting as R4 and always will be cuz every time I've tried to learn her playstyle I just dont have fun, feels like a job you have to do but just dont wanna do. Since I play for fun then well, no Quake for me. But it is not because I dislike her character or the actress that plays her on Agent of Shield (which I kinda do ... actually hate the show). So dont wanna do CMM cuz u find her playstyle boring? Sure! makes sense. Dont wanna do her cuz she's Brie Larsson or whatever? BONKERS!
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

HI_guys said:

If you replaced the movie version with a cardboard cutout, I wouldn't have noticed the difference.
    If anyone was wondering, I was talking about Captain Marvel in the movie and not the game.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★

Opened a 5* basic and got a CMM. Its ok but I really don’t want to rank her up for some reason. I’m probably dumb for that but I’m serious. I have 5* nick fury but still. Anyone else think she’s meh or just me.

I have her as a 5*r5 and hardly use her. For some reason, i rather use venom or hyperion instead.