Options

How many 4* R5's is considered enough?

I currently have 6 4* R5's - Starlord, Gwenpool, Voodoo, Hyperion, Archangel and Ghost Rider.

This is enough for both an AQ team and AW team.

I just reached enough resources to bring up another Tech champ to R5 - Ultron, Green Goblin, AOU Vision, or Yondu.

My question is at one point should I stop using resources to R5 4*s and focus on 5*s instead?

I have not had any luck pulling 5*s so far - Rhino (Sig 40), Iron Fist, Iron Man, Ant-Man, and Old Man Logan

I have quite a few 4* options still if you think it would address a specific need - Iceman, Magik, Scarlet Witch, Cap WWII, Dorm, X23, Crossbones, etc.

I just started doing AQ Map 5 and currently on 5.3 in story mode.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    Based on your roster i would recommend a power control champ like AOU Vision. Plus hes bleed and poison immune.

No telling when 5* might become more available and like most we pool useless ones anyways. So if you can manage to hold onto your t4CC i would. Personally the only champ i have r5 in months was Iceman. The rest go to r4.
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Look at what area's in the game give you trouble, and then rank specific champs that help you progress that part. If there are none, then save your materials for a good 5 star.

For instance, x23 would be great for AQ, but if you clear AQ every time without a sweat, then you don't NEED her.
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Depends…

If your 4* roster is rich with utility while you have a bad 5* roster than I’d consider always having some candidates to deal with overflow catalysts.

For example:
    Barring 5* Angela, Hyperion, King Groot, Drax or otherwise I’m highly considering 4* Angela for r5

Same with tech because both IP and IM pale compared to both 4* AND 5* Ultron as neither stark tech is duped

But if I’m packing 5* Hyperion soon or am lucky to spin a 5* stark Spider or Yondu I’ll HAPPILY rank them over any 4*
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,872 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    you mean you aren't saving for 6 stars ?

After 19 months, I still do not have enough T4CCs to do a first rank 5.

By the time I get there, 6* should be out which means ... don't even bother to rank 5 4* champs?
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    winterthur wrote: »

By the time I get there, 6* should be out which means ... don't even bother to rank 5 4* champs?

How do you not have T4CC's to rank 5 a 4* champ after 19 months? I've been playing since Xmas and have 4 at R5 with a couple more almost ready.

Sounds like you need an ally that rocks AQ Map 5...
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    To the OP, I would only R5 a champ that I genuinely use every day for content like AQ and AW. Maybe a couple more if you need the utility (like Vision's immunity).

The only other thought would be to R5 Scarlet because she isn't available as a 5* (yet). Otherwise, I'd start stock-piling cats for the day you get legit 5* champs...
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★
    There's really no such thing as enough, in terms of Ranking. If you want to Rank more, then keep Ranking. If you have specific goals in mind, that is a different story.
  • Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 378
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    winterthur wrote: »

How do you not have T4CC's to rank 5 a 4* champ after 19 months? I've been playing since Xmas and have 4 at R5 with a couple more almost ready.

You must be really special or spend a lot of $$$, or run in a top tier ally. I have been playing for over 2 years and only have 1 r5 4*.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,872 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Dexman1349 wrote: »

Well, I play real slow.
    Been thinking about what are my goals for the game.

I suppose completing Act 4 will be priority, and then deciding whether to gun for the 4* basic old less wanted champs. I should be able to get Groot and awaken Raccoon.

I wonder what can be next? It seems like everyone is just ranking the same champs over at different tiers.
    If so, maybe I should skip to rank 4* to level 5.
  • Options
    Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    Depends really I had a full r5 aq aw attack and defence and could still quest with r5. I have moved to any old 5 up. I am prepared for more t2a add ins and what not. Really the decision depends on you. If you get t4c at crazy rates get those 5 up if you are struggling to acquire them then plan on the champ that you would benefit from now. Bypassing a 4* aa for a 5* col is crazy talk but if your not gonna use him and have overflow the 5 up just for higher defensive rating with new diversity scheme is legit. All depends on where you're at in game.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,736 ★★★★★
    Not being near to my first R5(coming close to 3 of science cats with OG cap and Rulk as my only R4 science lol) I would say that holding a full inventory and ranking from stash if possible is probably a wise move.

Coming up on 2yrs ingame.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,297 ★★★★★
    IMO, at minimum you should have 6 for AQ and AW attack. If you start to overflow on saving, build a quest team you can use at same time as AQ and AW. Last, which you really don’t need, would be a AW defense team. I don’t recommend it unless you are in a war focused alliance that requires it, but most of us are not.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I went with Ultron since I've duped him a few times and Vision isn't awakened yet. Enjoying the double immune and regeneration in AQ to offset suicides :)

I would still rather pull some good 5*s and focus resources into those but it seems that's a rarity for everyone.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I went with Ultron since I've duped him a few times and Vision isn't awakened yet. Enjoying the double immune and regeneration in AQ to offset suicides :)

I would still rather pull some good 5*s and focus resources into those but it seems that's a rarity for everyone.

Sadly it is. I wouldn't put more than one 4* at r5 for each class, and would look at utility and how useful they'd be for any situation. Ultrons always a safe choice.

For me my reasoning is only for arenas. I'd like the comfort of having maxed out r5's to more easily and realistically grind for shards and champs.