**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Which 6* science champ to R2

Zippy_halliganZippy_halligan Posts: 173
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips

In the screenshot you can see where my science roster is currently at. I've got a rank up grm to use on someone and ive been considering wasp who i often use with ghost.
Any opinions would be appreciated.

Which 6* science champ to R2 47 votes

Wasp (ghost synergy purposes)
38%
MegaSkater67DragonMCOCAanthoMoosetiptronicRemeliEtjamaMetalJakeCharlie21540Xguard77TheMailmannJueVioleGraceShenkScrubhanValentinos13Celtic1981BlackTuranMessy151OneGirlArmy 18 votes
Gladiator Hulk
14%
SpicyslicerAspenDannyB01SandPounderDeaconMasterpuffJohnyBoy 7 votes
Unawakened CAIW
23%
TerraKabiraz77Osfan8ReferenceTotalMonster109awesome1werCtfz35RenaxqqJragonMaster170ElwindBarani7da 11 votes
Wait for someone better (who?)
23%
AssumedNameAdvFluffyPigMonsterAaronc94Sarvanga1_GreekhitAgdan99FTPAllDayavenge_123AroseinbloomWooptyfrickendoo 11 votes
Post edited by Kabam Dijon on

Comments

• Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Wait for YJ buff to go live and then decide. He maybe very good and then regret for not waiting.
  • Options
    GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    wait to see the Yellowjacket buff
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Gladiator Hulk
    Or wait. Wasp is good too, but given your duped 5* CAIW there is 0 need for an unduped 6*.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I took my Wasp to R5 since I run her with Ghost all the time and now that she's at that rank, I actually use her. I don't regret it.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Wait for yj buff.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Btw, everyone voting for CAIW must not realize you have the awakened 5*. There is absolutely no point in taking up the 6*.
  • Options
    Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Unawakened CAIW
    I had a 5* r5 sig 200 CapIW the first weekend his crystals existed and I took the 6* to r2 as soon as I got him. I then had to 100% abyss to get the generic AG to awaken him, take him to sig 200 and r3.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★

Or wait. Wasp is good too, but given your duped 5* CAIW there is 0 need for an unduped 6*.

I disagree, I have a sig 200 5* cap and an unawakened 6* at rank 2. I use both regularly and often have had both of them on the same questing team exploring act 6. Even unawakened Cap is a beast and having one for AQ and one for questing isn't a bad thing if you have resources to spare.
  • Options
    Sungj said:

I disagree, I have a sig 200 5* cap and an unawakened 6* at rank 2. I use both regularly and often have had both of them on the same questing team exploring act 6. Even unawakened Cap is a beast and having one for AQ and one for questing isn't a bad thing if you have resources to spare.
    Why spend resources on a lesser version of a champ you already have when you can diversify your roster? Unawakened Cap is a sustainable unstoppable counter with solid damage while the awakened version is so much more. There's not a single situation where you'd want to use the 6* over the 5* so the 6* would quite often get benched.
  • Options
    MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    I’d say wasp bc you being her on your team anyway, may as well have her useable BUT!!!!! I’d wait on the details from the Yellowjacket buff before I pull the trigger just so u don’t put yourself in a place of regret... YJs are EVERWHERE in questing content like magneto is and I feel kabam gunna make him really good like they did collosus and Mags just bc he all over permanent maps already.
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Wasp, but not because she’s a good synergy for Ghost. Wasp is actually an extremely good champion herself and can be useful for a wide variety of content. She was my first 5/65 years ago and she’s still a core part of my team now. I’ve used her extensively in everything from act 4 onwards and used her quite a bit when I was exploring act 7 too. Now that stubborn is gone, I’ll definitely be bringing her back to offence in wars, the synergy for ghost is nice, but don’t underestimate what wasp can actually do. She’s a fantastic champion to have, especially as an awakened 6*
  • Options
    Zippy_halliganZippy_halligan Posts: 173
    Welp, RIP yellowjacket lol looks like I'll be going with Wasp, thanks y'all