**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why did Kabam change how armor break work?

For some reason, the armor break tries to nullify an armor buff. The armor break was supposed to just remove the armor up buff

Nullifying and removing are two very different things in this game. An example of this is Captain Marvel.

If removing and nullifying were the same thing, this ability would not work against opponents with immunity to nullify, but ...

It works. In the video below you can see that even by applying armor break the cosmic rod is not removed because the armor break is not trying to nullify. The rod is only removed when Cap IW hits an attack with a kinectic potential.

https://youtu.be/8gBNYYBkKho

I don't remember which update the armor break started to be treated as a nullify, Kabam simply changed and did not warn about. I just want to know the reason for this change. Because it simply makes Annihilus useless in any fight that has an armor break and it also changes some node interactions

Comments

• VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    It always worked this way. It just wasnt noticeable before Anni was released
  • MainRoninMainRonin Posts: 39

well for the cmm and thing example, her pulverize isn't nullify which is why it can remove armor on thing or colossus

Yes I know. The pulverize is not a nullify because it just removes the armor up effects. The armor break worked in the same way only removed an armor up buff but now it is nullifying instead of removing.
    Voltolos said:

It always worked this way. It just wasnt noticeable before Anni was released

how has it always worked that way? I literally showed a video of the armor break not working as a nullify.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Nice username
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Actually Armor Break doesn't remove the Rod Buff.
    His own ability removes the effect when a nullify ability was triggered.

• Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    I think its a bit silly that it worked like this in the first place
    Djin said:

And for some reason the armor break is working as a nullify, causing this ability to be activated. The armor break should only remove the armor up buff and not nullify
    edited January 2021

I prefer it like this

It is true that this makes it easier to fight against it and opens up more options. But it gets really bad when you use
    him in the attack, as Kabam is causing new characters to cause armor break by simply breathing like the Air Walker. this is annihilating Annihilus.
    Zan0 said:

MainRonin said:

Djin said:

And for some reason the armor break is working as a nullify, causing this ability to be activated. The armor break should only remove the armor up buff and not nullify
    Armour break nullifies armour. And because of that it is considered a nullify attempt. The Armour break can't nullify his Rod he shuts it down himself
    The problem is precisely the part that armor break nullifies armor up. When Annihilus was releasead the armor break did not function as a nullify but was later changed to function as a nullify without warning. Armor break should not nullify armor up buff, but only remove and as I already showed nullify and remove are two different things.