**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Moving ahead from uncollected

LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Guys I have been uncollected for some time now and am thinking of going to cavalier. Below is my roster. Need rank up advice and any specific counters or any nodes? Should I explore act 4 first??

Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    from 5.3- end of act 5 your roster can for sure take on that classic ultron, I reccomend using Corvus or a ramped g2099 for him. In terms of act 6 you could probably do 6.1 but it may take some revives depending on your skill and rank up hyperion for that xbones and sentinel bosses, he will help a bunch.
  • Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    I personally would have gone for variant 4 completion to get some hands on rank up gems. Then act 5 completion. Unless you are a highly skilled player, you are not ready to enter cavalier atm. You don't have any counters as well. V4 completion looks like the best bet.
  • LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★

I personally would have gone for variant 4 completion to get some hands on rank up gems. Then act 5 completion. Unless you are a highly skilled player, you are not ready to enter cavalier atm. You don't have any counters as well. V4 completion looks like the best bet.

I am an average level player and I have done a single variant till now... probably I will do the variants and get to cav
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Complete act 5 then do Variant 4 and rank up that sentinel for v3.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    You’ve got all the cav counters you need. AA destroys sabretooth. Torch for loki, I’d use capiw and torch for ultron (don’t trigger dex, parry his sp1, use a tech champ for capiw). G99 for both sentinels (6.1.2/6) and the havok in 6.1.6. Hype for xbones. Ghost is easy. You’re good.

I just cleared act 5 on a mini acc, 4/40 g99 did most of 5.3 and 5.4. 5.3 especially she rinses though. You need an iceman counter here and there which you have warlock for and incinerate immune for mephisto, use prefight torch. Voodoo is awesome for resistor paths in 5.4 and g99 can take any bleed/poison paths.

For the final ultron either magneto even a 3* would make that fight relatively easy if you have one. Using white magneto with prefight means you can parry him with any other hero or metal champ I think and not trigger his buffs so if you use maybe torch with prefight you’ll only be inflicting passives and would rinse him down pretty well as you’ll counter his regen. Use short 2-3 hit combos to avoid his evade messing you up.

From your 5* roster I’d look to rank g99, torch, capiw, AA, voodoo, Hyperion, sentinel, venom, sorcerer maybe cage/domino and you’re covered for cav and a good start for some variants.
  • MegaGalacticMegaGalactic Posts: 248 ★★

from 5.3- end of act 5 your roster can for sure take on that classic ultron, I reccomend using Corvus or a ramped g2099 for him. In terms of act 6 you could probably do 6.1 but it may take some revives depending on your skill and rank up hyperion for that xbones and sentinel bosses, he will help a bunch.

G99 for Ultron would not be good, her degen debuffs will trigger power gain and K.O. I just had to learn that myself. 😅 But Magneto as @Berjibs said, yes.

Put resources into Torch, AA, Hype, Sentinel.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    I recently started my push for cav. On 5.4.3 now. So far it's not been difficult at all. GOOD LUCK!!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    LeoZed said:

Guys I have been uncollected for some time now and am thinking of going to cavalier. Below is my roster. Need rank up advice and any specific counters or any nodes? Should I explore act 4 first??

Everyone is different, but my general rule when it comes to completion vs exploration (for permanent content) is you push forward and complete as much as you can within your limits. That means not spending if you normally don't spend on content, or spending only whatever you consider to be a normal level of spending (potions, revives, units, whatever).

Once you've gotten as far as you reasonably can in terms of completion, you go back and explore content you've already completed. The idea is if you've gone as high as you can comfortably go, you need to get stronger to continue upward. You do that by getting more practice, and by earning more rewards (to build up your roster). Exploring content you know you can do because you've already completed it gets you both relatively easy rewards and more game practice. Once you've done enough exploration of older easier content you can then try again to see how high you can push upward. If you get stuck again, you go back to exploration.

Not only does this allow you to balance doing higher content and collecting rewards from lower content, it prevents you from getting too "locked in" to pushing forward and either getting frustrated or spending too much to get past a roadblock. I think it helps prevent burnout.