**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please put villen tag on villens.

HygghuHygghu Posts: 145
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Please changes sabertooths Tage or add VILLEN also with Thanos Children there also VILLENS.. I understand why they where changed BUT no body is complaining about BLADE any more.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★
    No
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    If they don't have the tag then they are not villains.
    You are making wrong assumptions based on something completely different
  • HygghuHygghu Posts: 145
    I'm not making assumptions based on comic books and movies they are considered villens...they didn't put vellins on them at the time because ppl where complaining how OP blade was against vellins.
    If a person is trying to kill or destroy good then that's a vellin, if Thanos is labeled a vellin then so shall his children be as well.
    Sabertooth ,corvus, cull obsidian, proxima,and ebony maw do NOT have the vellin tag on them.
  • ConnectConnect Posts: 197
    Hygghu said:

Sabertooth ,corvus, cull obsidian, proxima,and ebony maw do NOT have the vellin tag on them.

Because they died n in heaven you have no villains.

🙄
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    I don't know if they count as villens, but they could probably give them the villain tag if they wanted
    Hygghu said:

I'm not making assumptions based on comic books and movies they are considered villens...they didn't put vellins on them at the time because ppl where complaining how OP blade was against vellins.

That is wrong.
    Hygghu said:

If a person is trying to kill or destroy good then that's a vellin, if Thanos is labeled a vellin then so shall his children be as well.

That is even more wrong, and honestly disrespectful
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Wait is it villen or vellin? I'm confused
    Kabaam should, sabertooth is a straight up cold blooded KILLER.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    I think it's cute to call them villens. I like that.
  • Hygghu said:

Please changes sabertooths Tage or add VILLEN also with Thanos Children there also VILLENS.. I understand why they where changed BUT no body is complaining about BLADE any more.

Two things.

First of all, the tags are game constructs designed to make it easier for people to understand how the game works. Marvel characters don't actually have tags tattooed on them or stenciled on their underwear, any more than they have a class stapled to them somewhere. These are things that only exist for the game, that are only loosely connected to the source material.

When Blade has a power that activates on villains, Kabam isn't making some declaration of how Blade's superpowers work in the Marvel Universe. That's just a cool ability inspired by the character, but not literally something he possesses in the fiction. Kabam doesn't have to make tags, Kabam can simply design the power to activate on whomever they want. They don't have to *tell you* with a tag who it activates on, or they could call the tag #BladeActivatesOnThisGuy. Calling it "#Villain" is just color commentary.

Second, if your definition of a villain is anyone trying to either kill or destroy, then I guess Punisher becomes a villain. The Phoenix entity has killed more beings than smallpox. Deadpool is a mercenary, but in your black and white world there are no neutrals, only heroes and villains, so Deadpool is a villain. Elektra is an assassin, so villain.

Lastly, the Marvel Contest of Champions universe is a canonical Marvel multiverse dimension. It is an authorized creation no different than any other comic book. So if your source for information are the canonical works of Marvel like the comic books, then *by definition* every Marvel Contest of Champions character is an *authoritative* version of those characters, no different than the Black Nick Fury in Marvel Ultimates is just as canonical as the white Nick Fury from the 1960s and 1970s comic books in the main Marvel lines, and just as canonical as the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Nick Fury which was inspired by, but completely different from, the Ultimates version.

The original 1960s Nick Fury, the 1990s Ultimates Nick Fury, the 2000's MCU Nick Fury, and the MCOC Nick Fury are all *canonical* and *authorized* versions of the characters, each living in a different alternate reality. If you say Sabretooth should be a villain, you have to point to something within the MCOC universe to make your point, and you'd be arguing against Marvel Entertainment itself that has the final say on all the IP within the MCOC game.
    I'm just saying it would be easier for other players to use them in harder content like Variant 6 .ect
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    What about the Avwengers?
    Hygghu said:

I'm just saying it would be easier for other players to use them in harder content like Variant 6 .ect

Yes, we knew why you wanted that from the start. But the justification given was weak
    Ok the ones you mentioned like punisher, and deadpool,Deadpool, Electra they our considered and known as anit heros. Because they kill the villens. Deadpool did enter the marvel universe as a vellian but then became a anti hero later on.. you can google all of this all under the marvel universe as well
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Hygghu said:

Ok the ones you mentioned like punisher, and deadpool,Deadpool, Electra they our considered and known as anit heros. Because they kill the villens. Deadpool did enter the marvel universe as a vellian but then became a anti hero later on.. you can google all of this all under the marvel universe as well

You just proved your argument wrong. You said that characters like Sabertooth should be considered "villains" because they kill and destroy. Now you're saying that it's not the case. So, what is your case?
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    Yo, OP first spell villens correctly like villains
    A character is either a "hero" or a "villain" deppending on what the story says they are. You're not the one who decides it.
    In this game, the character's with the #Villain tag are villains. If a character doesn't have that tag, then it is not a villain in this game. Simple as that, but you are making it harder to understand, by implying that non-villain characters are villain characters
    NOTSAVAGE19,.Let me explain, I didn't want to write a whole paragraph so I put that just to sum it up. BUT what I was trying to say is that sabertooth just loves to kill he hungers for blood wolverinesays it multiple times.. his back story is he came in the marvel universe as a Villain,and in 2009 IGN ranked sabertooth as the 44th best vellain of all time.
    Soooooo why can't he be like Taskmaster where he is a mercenary and a vellain?
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,683 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Hey OP
    ❌ Villen
    ❌ Vellin
    ❌ Vellian
    ❌ Vellain
    ✔️ Villain
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Hygghu said:

NOTSAVAGE19,.Let me explain, I didn't want to write a whole paragraph so I put that just to sum it up. BUT what I was trying to say is that sabertooth just loves to kill he hungers for blood wolverinesays it multiple times.. his back story is he came in the marvel universe as a Villain,and in 2009 IGN ranked sabertooth as the 44th best vellain of all time.

But he also was a hero in the Inversion timeline. So...IDK what to tell ya.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    Technically Sabertooth is an antihero