**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Please put villen tag on villens.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    If you want to go by the comics, Sabretooth isn't a pure villain.
    If you want to go by the game, as wisp said, the storyline of MCOC is different from that of the comics.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Hygghu said:

NOTSAVAGE19,.Let me explain, I didn't want to write a whole paragraph so I put that just to sum it up. BUT what I was trying to say is that sabertooth just loves to kill he hungers for blood wolverinesays it multiple times.. his back story is he came in the marvel universe as a Villain,and in 2009 IGN ranked sabertooth as the 44th best vellain of all time.

You see , that's what I meant with making wrong assumptions.
    This game is not the comics or movies. In this game, Sabretooth may have did none of that, and he isn't a villain here
  • Options
    As it is Blade has his danger sense active with GR and/or Mephisto/Dormammu, giving him a massive advantage in a huge amount of matchups, certainly in the early stages of Act 6. Out of all of the bosses in 6.1 and 6.2 only Sabrtooth and the Champion that Blade can’t activate his danger sense on.
  • Options
    silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★

If you want to go by the comics, Sabretooth isn't a pure villain.
    If you want to go by the game, as wisp said, the storyline of MCOC is different from that of the comics.

I’ve tried to defend the villain thing before, and this was one reason that made me give that up. There have been certain storylines where st has had to team up on the “good” side of the event quest. But in most of her appearances, for example, BWCV is tagged as a #hero, but we’ve faced off against her as an opponent to us. It’s all based on where the mcoc storyline is taking us, not necessarily where the comics or movies choose to take it.
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

or stenciled on their underwear,

Wait .. WHAT ?
    I thought that was why they all wore their underwear on the OUTSIDE!!!

man ... my reality is shattered ... *sigh*
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Sabretooth isn’t a pure villain. If you use going by the argument that he kills people, then have I got news for you
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    All Marvel based media including and not limited to; Comics, Films, Games, TV shows, all exist in different universes from one another, and occasionally get sent to different universes in which familiar characters exist (Into the Spiderverse is a great example of that).

MCOC exists in its own universe designated Earth-TRN517, and while you may have seen these character in other universes such as the MCU which is Earth-199999, they do not operate the same way in Earth-TRN517. So a villain in one place, might not be a villain in this place.
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★

Sabretooth isn’t a pure villain. If you use going by the argument that he kills people, then have I got news for you

Punisher is another good example. He kills criminals, but is he truly a villain?
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Punisher is another good example. He kills criminals, but is he truly a villain?
    Punisher has also killed the entire Marvel Universe. Heroes and Villains.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Hygghu said:

I'm not making assumptions based on comic books and movies they are considered villens...they didn't put vellins on them at the time because ppl where complaining how OP blade was against vellins.

How do you manage to spell Villains different every time you type it lol. (Just a joke btw I know English may not be your first language.)
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Technically every champion is a villain because they kill other champions in the game.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

A character is either a "hero" or a "villain" deppending on what the story says they are. You're not the one who decides it.
    In this game, the character's with the #Villain tag are villains. If a character doesn't have that tag, then it is not a villain in this game. Simple as that, but you are making it harder to understand, by implying that non-villain characters are villain characters

Not entirely true Dr Doom is tagged as a Villain but doesn't really seem to be one in the main storyline of mcoc.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★

A character is either a "hero" or a "villain" deppending on what the story says they are. You're not the one who decides it.
    In this game, the character's with the #Villain tag are villains. If a character doesn't have that tag, then it is not a villain in this game. Simple as that, but you are making it harder to understand, by implying that non-villain characters are villain characters

Not entirely true Dr Doom is tagged as a Villain but doesn't really seem to be one in the main storyline of mcoc.
    Doesn't necessarily need to be due to the storyline. The tag can be there for the sake of it, with or without a reason for it