**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The purpose of 4star heroes soon to become zero

In all your posts about six star champions I have yet to see anyone address the issues of how unuseable four star heroes are about to become for the summoners that have cleared existing game content. People spent years building up their teams and apparently wasting resources now because they’ll need to pay or grind for another two years to get champs that will be able to compete in future content. I’ve been playing a long time and generally your new content has been interesting and challenging. Yet all new content is specifically made to make people pay rather than actually take into account enjoyment of the game. I really hope moving forward you have better ideas for improving the game instead of adding shiny new content that will skew the balance in favour of the existing Legendary players.

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    the resources needed to max a 3/4 star are nowhere close to the resources needed to max a 5*. t2a? t5B? what are those?
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    What I would have preferred and what seems on the surface at least would have been to add a rank to 5* champs... maybe even 4* champs as well i.e. 6/75 and 6/60 respectively.

But the problem of course is that this doesn't require nearly as much investment in the game as having to acquire a wholly new tier of champs to compete.

However, it would have meant that the champs you grinded for, invested in and cherished would remain useful for much longer.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    KALIZO wrote: »
    Aliab wrote: »
    In all your posts about six star champions I have yet to see anyone address the issues of how unuseable four star heroes are about to become for the summoners that have cleared existing game content. People spent years building up their teams and apparently wasting resources now because they’ll need to pay or grind for another two years to get champs that will be able to compete in future content. I’ve been playing a long time and generally your new content has been interesting and challenging. Yet all new content is specifically made to make people pay rather than actually take into account enjoyment of the game. I really hope moving forward you have better ideas for improving the game instead of adding shiny new content that will skew the balance in favour of the existing Legendary players.

question for you sir, did you complained when 4* champions came to the game, making 2*s useless?
    ill wait..

2* have always been useless. Duh!!
  • AliabAliab Posts: 138
    Two stars have always been useless. When four stars came out the current game content was still beatable by three star champions. Not to mention that to rank up three stars fully only requires the daily event quests so it’s infinitely easier to rank them up. The resources needed to take up your four stars is massive and a drain. And the current end game content is already difficult enough for four stars to handle given their health versus an opponents 5k+ attack. And with 5.4 coming out and whatever future content four stars critical rate will go down because of challenger rating. They should come out with rank down tickets again or slightly decrease the resources needed to take up five stars rank by rank. I still stand by what I say.
    And what shrimpkins said. The one true way to counteract the introduction of six stars is to make it easier to get t4b and t4cc especially.
    I didn’t say make it easier to get t2a. I said make it slightly easier to get t4b and t4cc. Or at least fix the drop rate from map5 crystals! Cause 30 opened and not one full catalyst? That is a joke. So don’t insult people when you can’t or haven’t read what was actually posted. When four stars began coming out even act4 was not too difficult for a three star champ to handle. Act5.2 and beyond has been a joke for 4 stars unless you play really well which thankfully I do, but also saved resources from before.
    All the content coming forward will be almost impossible to finish with four stars without reviving/spending(minus their very very very very very infrequent challenges like Web Slinger). So read what I have sent instead of making up information on your own.
    And up to now the right four star champs(Hyperion or witch for example) can wipe the floor with a r4 five star but against six stars will not be able to do much. And what flood gates opened with t4cc? You mean the allies skilled and big enough to get one t4cc a week. You think that’s floood gates opened? You need to learn what words mean dude.
  • stakstak Posts: 88
    They should come out with rank down tickets again

That's the real reason you started this thread.
    No then I would have responded the different existing threads about rank down tickets. I wouldn’t use them personally as I’m fine with my champs, but others would. It’s just a suggestion that would be fair to most people. I started this thread to bring up an important issue for players that have finished existing content and are worried about future content that will just not be very doable if it’s four stars versus six star heroes. As it was, 5.2 rounds 4 and after were difficult to complete with four stars but not impossible. But then when future acts are probably 8k and above attack even five stars would struggle. And challenger rating will affect base abilities of the four stars significantly. Block damage is already ridiculous after the big main update as was critical rate and damage. Even with adjusting your masteries to boost all those and having a full crit synergy team/perfect block chance it wasn’t working out.
    I’ve also been playing the game for three years. Their new content usually made the game better, more challenging, and fun but in a thoughtful manner.
    I don’t blame Kabam you know. I blame net marble because this is what they do. Try marvel future fight. Within a week you can’t do anything unless you pay serious amounts of money. The contest never felt that way, but that’s how it’s going to be from now on I realised. Even the quality of their deals has gone down. Only recent deals that were solid were the units, mastery core, and blade crystals.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I didn’t say make it easier to get t2a. I said make it slightly easier to get t4b and t4cc. Or at least fix the drop rate from map5 crystals! Cause 30 opened and not one full catalyst? That is a joke. So don’t insult people when you can’t or haven’t read what was actually posted. When four stars began coming out even act4 was not too difficult for a three star champ to handle. Act5.2 and beyond has been a joke for 4 stars unless you play really well which thankfully I do, but also saved resources from before.
    All the content coming forward will be almost impossible to finish with four stars without reviving/spending(minus their very very very very very infrequent challenges like Web Slinger). So read what I have sent instead of making up information on your own.

Nah. I just opened 3 fully formed t4cc from 10 crystals. Drop rates are fine. It’s ridiculousky easy to farm t4cc now.

(You’re gonna tell me not to use my experience as a yardstick to measure others’. Gonna return that statement right back to you. :smile: )
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Correct. 4* do almost no damage vs 6*. The challenge was still super easy.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    Correct. 4* do almost no damage vs 6*. The challenge was still super easy.
    With the right 4* (god and demigod tier), the damage is fine. Took about 200 hits to take out 6* Morningstar with 4/40 duped GR for me. However, she is bleed immune so that caused me to have to use more hits. Against the others I used 5* duped SL 3/45 (I didn’t even use him until Mephisto), 5/50 Gwenpool, 5/50 AA, 5/50 Hyperion, and 4/40 GR just for Morningstar.
    xNig wrote: »

Nah. I just opened 3 fully formed t4cc from 10 crystals. Drop rates are fine. It’s ridiculousky easy to farm t4cc now.

(You’re gonna tell me not to use my experience as a yardstick to measure others’. Gonna return that statement right back to you. :smile: )

Well lucky you then. The drop rate is most certainly not fine and you’re just lucky so good for you. But I do take back my statement that four stars were no good. Did the boss rush all four star team and was easy. But usually get about 3 crit hits out of 5 with witch and would only crit like every 10 hits
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    Everyone thought 5* champs would make 4* champs obsolete...they didnt. Looking at this boss rush chalenge 6* champs will have really high attack and health, doubt we will get crystals for them very often.
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    edited October 2017
    ...it's not progress unless 5⭐️ Can rank up to 6⭐️. Otherwise it's call resetting the game. Moving the goal post.

How many versions of the same champ do I need?
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Vavasour wrote: »
    ...it's not progress unless 5⭐️ Can rank up to 6⭐️. Otherwise it's call resetting the game. Moving the goal post.

How many versions of the same champ do I need?

Well it's part of their $$ scheme. Basically resetting negates all the hard work you did for your 5* and 4* which kinda blows if you think about it.

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    When will you get a roster of 5* and 6* to take over your 4*? At most people might have 6-7 5* at rank 4 if they are whales. That’s not enough for a full aw attack, aw defense, and aq. 4* won’t be obsolete for a long time
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Also, wasting resources? You needed 4* at one point in this game because they were the best champs you had. You didn’t have the best 5* until you worked your way to that point. I don’t see how that is wasting resources.

They can’t introduce harder content without making champs insanely powerful so to combat this they introduce a way for us to get better champs to overcome new content. That’s how games with no end works. You just keep grinding to progress further
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    1. Its mentioned everywhere. Everyone freaks out about it.
    2. It's called progression. There is no "end game" for rosters as long as new champs and new tiers of champs come out. I know plenty of players who maxed out many 3* champs before 4* were as common as they are now. Do they regret it? Not usually. Going back to upgrade now, I would regret. But at the time it helped them beat content sooner to progress sooner to be able to go after these higher champs. 4* won't be irrelevant for over a year at least. If you played when 5* came out, you'd know 3* were still relevant for awhile.

This. In a game like this, there is no such thing as a Roster that will beat all future content indefinitely. There is no plateau where progression is sufficient for the duration of the game. The same way that it took time and effort to build current Rosters, it will take time and effort to build future Rosters. When new content is added with a new degree of challenge, what worked for us before won't necessarily work the same. They're stepping stones. Nor does it make all the effort we put in worthless because it's carried us this far.
  • So what you are telling me is that i spent more than 2 years chasing 4* 5* champs. Spent way too much resources and time, and it doesnt mean anything? In 4 years there will be 7* then 8* champs.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    edited October 2017
    There is some sentimentality associated with champs that we've worked for, ranked up and fought with. I wish Kabam would recognise that. In fact, isn't that at the core of why we play? We come back to build the champs we love.

They could have added new ranks to champs and introduced different rank up requirements. That would have added a new resource gathering cycle and revenue whilst still allowing us to keep using and building our favourites. Instead they've set an expiry date on those champs.

• YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    Think about how some ppl still use 3 stars..in the same way..u can use 4 stars when 6 stars come out
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    This whole idea that 4*s will become worthless is not realistic. It will take time before most people have a 6*, let alone a healthy Roster of them. We will still be using our 4*s for quite some time.
  • LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 291 ★★★
    Cleared boss rush with 4 stars. Evidently they're still going to be usable. You just gotta have skill and good intercepts.