**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Just get rid of ISO-8 from the game

2»

Comments

• BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
    i wish it stopped expiring and we could use it whenever we want since its ours.. yet the game makes us do things we dont want either to sell or rank up .... so 2015
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    The step Kabam took in this direction was good and what you are suggesting is disastrous.
  • Jacob72518Jacob72518 Posts: 88

ISO-8 is such a hard resource to accumulate for players that do not whale out on cavs or grind arena 24/7. 6 stars and 5 stars need so much iso to level up and it is literally the only thing holding me back from taking 7 champions to 6r2 and 5r5. not catalysts or gold but ISO. 4,5 and 6 star dupes give barely any iso; its enough to level up a 6 star less than 10 levels. I propose that the amount of iso that we get from dupes of 5 and 6 stars is doubled, or just get rid of iso completely because it serves no purpose other than slowing down the process of rank ups.

Thanks for attending my bad TED talk.

no. i rest my case.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    We need to buff the amount of iso 5 and 6 star dupes give but if you’re having that much of an iso problem it’s probably because you’re only playing story and the side quest and also not taking advantage of the solo events and objective crystals. I’ve got way too much basic iso and also over 30 4* crystals to open. You need to be patient and play the game.
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 970 ★★★★
    Idk abt iso, but my t1a stash is dry as a desert. So bcuz of that excess iso is just rotting away.
  • LeStMn92LeStMn92 Posts: 119
    The Iso you receive is ridiculously low compared to how much it takes to rank up a 6*
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    From personal experience:
    F2P player, everything 100% including the abyss. Don't grind the arena, except for the milestones on one of them weekly (anyway, arena doesn't give iso), only level up champions during the level up event. Currently with dozens of 5/6-star champions yet to level/rank up to max (just waiting for the events), and plenty of lowtier champions to rank up in case I have lower tier catalysts expiring.

Almost since the beginning of the game, never have I bothered about gold or iso, or had any problem with either of them. If I would, I have plenty of crystals to open, including 4-star crystals for iso-8 if I ever need it.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    They shouldn't take it out because they would have to change the whole way to upgrade champs which could take months and would in turn change the way you play the game. Next is i do agree they need to buff the amount of iso you get from 5 and 6*s It's absurd you get the same amount of iso from duping a 4* and duping a 6*.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Selling iso is a daily activity the same as pressing help... and sitting on thousands of crystals just so the iso does not expire.

That said levering a 6* does take a lot and they need to drop in bigger number I.e 50k iso so it takes less going to overflow and back

• Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

As a (relatively close) endgame player iso isn't really an issue for me as I have most champs below 6* on my roster. But for beginning to mid tier players lack of iso is a problem with how deep the champion pool is now. I made an alt a while back for gifting and pushed it to UC recently frankly I don't even have iso to rank champs to come close to hitting lvl up event milestones and it's going to be a long long while before I'm getting iso from dupes on more than a rare occasion.

yea i agree with that. I think they should have dual class premiums for beginners just like they do with 4*s and maybe 3* dual class or maybe have featured 4*s and 3*s to help lower level players get certain champs or just try and dupe champs for iso.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    No, but duping a 6* champ should give tier 6 ISO.
  • Th reason currently to complain about iso is the fact that there is an influx of high ranking materials suddenly extremely available, and the iso hasn't caught up. Unfortunately, these high level materials have a shelf life, and those who haven't hoarded for these eventualities are caught unawares.
    That said, the iso requirements do have to be looked at. Personally, i have no issues, but it goes to show how much iso is needed for 6*. ISO scaling has to catch up.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Th reason currently to complain about iso is the fact that there is an influx of high ranking materials suddenly extremely available, and the iso hasn't caught up. Unfortunately, these high level materials have a shelf life, and those who haven't hoarded for these eventualities are caught unawares.
    That said, the iso requirements do have to be looked at. Personally, i have no issues, but it goes to show how much iso is needed for 6*. ISO scaling has to catch up.

That is what I don't understand. Brian grant made a good video about slowing down your content so that you don't face the expiring items issue. Sometimes I simply rank up champs and don't level up simply to use up cats.

You cannot expect resources to drop into your lap when you want it. Patience is also a key here. I am seeing demand for t1a, t2a, iso almost everyday and it surprises me. If I don't have a item to rank up, I just wait until I get it. I am not against kabam giving out iso for people in objectives and rewards like they did this month. But changing the number of iso for 5 and 6 stars is not the answer.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Let's just get rid of catalysts too. Hell, get rid of the need to awaken champions and sig stones as well. We should get rid of exploration and get full rewards when completing quests, which consists of a Stunned 1* champions with 1 HP point.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

I it is literally the only thing holding me back from taking 7 champions to 6r2 and 5r5.

You'd get bored of the game so quick trust me if you could do that
    Best advice ever!
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    No, getting rid of iso would ruin the game. But we definitely need a higher income of it. Cause having to wait for years to be able to level a champ is also ruining the game.
    Etjama said:

No, getting rid of iso would ruin the game. But we definitely need a higher income of it. Cause having to wait for years to be able to level a champ is also ruining the game.

Years....!! Have a day off. It is easy to level up champs..

Tha game is a resource management game as much as anything. If you don’t do arena/events then u have to spend or vs verse. Can’t just except resources to be handed out for free
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Years? A bit embellished eh
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Been waiting decades to level up my 1* Hulk.
    @Monk1 The harder you grind the game, the more rank-ups you do, the more iso you need. I don't expect anything to be handed to me for free, I grind arena constantly and it's still nowhere near enough. Years is obviously an exaggeration but it almost took me a whole month to level up my 6* R2 AA after exploring all EQ/SQ difficulties and grinding arena all month long just because I couldn't get the right iso. Just look at BG, the man grinds arena more than anyone I've ever seen and he still struggles a lot with iso, just look at his Kali rank-up video from yesterday. People in my alliance grind arena all day every day like it's no one's business and they struggle with iso more than anything but maybe T1/T2A. It's stupid that people think arena just ends all your iso problems. (My initial comment got sent to the Abyss of Approval.)
  • ElementalBashElementalBash Posts: 107
    FiiNCH said:

lol. maybe just buff the iso. make it more obtainable.
    Etjama said:

@Monk1 The harder you grind the game, the more rank-ups you do, the more iso you need. I don't expect anything to be handed to me for free, I grind arena constantly and it's still nowhere near enough. Years is obviously an exaggeration but it almost took me a whole month to level up my 6* R2 AA after exploring all EQ/SQ difficulties and grinding arena all month long just because I couldn't get the right iso. Just look at BG, the man grinds arena more than anyone I've ever seen and he still struggles a lot with iso, just look at his Kali rank-up video from yesterday. People in my alliance grind arena all day every day like it's no one's business and they struggle with iso more than anything but maybe T1/T2A. It's stupid that people think arena just ends all your iso problems. (My initial comment got sent to the Abyss of Approval.)

Trust me I grind (see my in game profile) and only spend the £5 a month unit card.

Yet, I have so much iso and crystals.. I also rank everything I have without any issue (other than t2a) so again I’m not sure where your going wrong then.
    Monk1 said:

Etjama said:

Trust me I grind (see my in game profile) and only spend the £5 a month unit card.

Yet, I have so much iso and crystals.. I also rank everything I have without any issue (other than t2a) so again I’m not sure where your going wrong then.
    It's different for everyone. I grind as much as I possibly can but only have 23 R2/5's so I don't hit all the milestones and I'm doing a stupid amounts of rank-ups every month to grow my roster. On the other hand, I know people who have explored all content and hit all the milestones in arena almost every week. And they still struggle with iso.
  • Pulyaman said:

Th reason currently to complain about iso is the fact that there is an influx of high ranking materials suddenly extremely available, and the iso hasn't caught up. Unfortunately, these high level materials have a shelf life, and those who haven't hoarded for these eventualities are caught unawares.

That is what I don't understand. Brian grant made a good video about slowing down your content so that you don't face the expiring items issue. Sometimes I simply rank up champs and don't level up simply to use up cats.

You cannot expect resources to drop into your lap when you want it. Patience is also a key here. I am seeing demand for t1a, t2a, iso almost everyday and it surprises me. If I don't have a item to rank up, I just wait until I get it. I am not against kabam giving out iso for people in objectives and rewards like they did this month. But changing the number of iso for 5 and 6 stars is not the answer.
    As i said, it does not affect me. I have close to 50 4* crystals saved up at any time, and over 1k phcs.
    i do understand it though, I saw this coming when 6* first came in, and stopped opening crystals.
    But there are a few valid points to be made about the amount of iso we get.

I do have this issue on my alt where i do content, aq/ aw but no arena. I need to rank up as much as my main, but there is an iso requirement to reach the level possible to rank up again. Iso is an issue, not a big issue, but a real bottleneck. T1a/t4b/t2a can all be saved and left unopened, class iso is still a huge gamble.
  • KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 311 ★★★
    Even if they got rid of ISO-8, they would just replace it with... ISO-9!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/246064/why-is-the-iso-9-problem-so-rampant/p1
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

Faseeh said:

I it is literally the only thing holding me back from taking 7 champions to 6r2 and 5r5.

You'd get bored of the game so quick trust me if you could do that
    thats cap. im addicted and theres no way out for me. plus it would make me more engaged in the game if i was able to finally play with the champs Ive struggled to level up for months.
    First, your actually joking. Just increase the dupe amounts.

Second, thats what I said a week ago and now i barely play
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Have you seen Brian Grants crystal stash? Trust me when I say that guy could definitely get the ISO if he actually wants it. Also, he was going for Skill/Mutant 5 stars so long that he just accumulated those two ISO a lot. He rarely uses generic or other class ISO to level up. So, I am not sure he counts.

I suggested in another thread that it is not required to use the class ISO strictly, its a choice people make to save Gold. Sell off the generic ISO and use the higher level other class ISO to rank up.

I stopped opening 4 stars months ago after I started noticing that I was selling ISO every week. Pretty soon I may need to stop opening 5 stars too, since I almost always get dupes from basics and have no interest in levelling up any champs as of now.

Kabam has acknowledged the problem in that they have added ISO in objectives this month. May be they could add some in Eq and Side Eq rewards too.