**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Archangel seems different since Apoc entered the game

Archangel has a 50% chance to inflict bleed on each hit of his heavy attack. And this number hasn't changed in his ability description. However, either I've had the WORST luck with him for the last 5 months (since Apoc's release) or his abilities were "tweaked" behind the scenes. Anyone else seeing a difference in his bleed procs on heavy attacks?

The reason I bring up Apoc, of course, is because Archangel becomes broken when he's a horseman of Apocalypse. Is there any way the character could have been adjusted to balance out the crazy boost from being a horseman?

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I'd be lying if I said I haven't been getting lucky with AA lately cause I'm barely landing any Nueros, it's kinda crazy. But I'm sure it's just a bad luck streak and not actually a change... I hope.
  • LiquidkoldLiquidkold Posts: 190 ★★
    I do not believe that he has been altered. RNG can be bad.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    No been normal for me.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Crcrcrc said:

No, no change for me. Silent nerfs are not a thing

They are, but this isn’t one
    Examples?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    mine wasn't changed, sucks they nerfed yours
  • I'm not meaning to imply a silent nerf. I just don't know how to account for the bad streak. If it were just a few weeks, I wouldn't have posted anything.

But, as I mentioned, this has been going on for about 5 months and I use him quite often. The only correlation seems to be around the time that Apoc was released.
  • There are other issues (like CMM's persistent charge missing in pre-fight screen), so I thought this might be one if there were others having problems similar to mine.
    Lvernon15 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Lvernon15 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Examples?
    Drax, aa passive stun which was actually confirmed working properly
    So 2 unintended interactions were fixed? Is that a nerf or a bug fix? AA stunning stun-immunes sounds like a bug to me
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Lvernon15 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Lvernon15 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Examples?
    So 2 unintended interactions were fixed? Is that a nerf or a bug fix? AA stunning stun-immunes sounds like a bug to me
    It sounds like a bug yes, but as I’m saying, kabam themselves literally confirmed it was working fine when people reported it as a bug
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    With Drax VS Mordo it was something about Drax’s double medium swords hit was able to “bypass” Mordo’s astral evade (the one that auto evade while stun-punish you when Mordo has been stunned) and kabam said it wasn’t supposed to be like this and proceeded to blame the frame rate was not correct and blamed it to be an bug. They then altered the frame rate screen to kinda tweak/distance/tilt the camera at some angle just so Drax wouldn’t be able to “bypass” Mordo’s astral evade.

With Archangel it was something about interaction that he was able to passive stun the opponent that has been placed in a node that made those opponent stun immune. Which today shows... well they thought Archangel was simple to strong back during his golden days... if we take a look at white magneto where he can do passive stun then it begs the question how kabam is doing..
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Lvernon15 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Lvernon15 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Examples?
    It raised a question what is stun immune against what type of stun mechanism. Since the node wasn’t always clear what it meant being stun immune against what? Against normal stun or different type of stun.
  • Okay, now we're definitely off topic with this passive stun discussion.

Anyone else have any input on Archangel seemingly procing less bleeds on heavy? I'm on Android, so is it possible the issue could be OS dependent?
    edited February 2021
    HI_guys said:

Crcrcrc said:

Lvernon15 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Examples?
    Act 7 attack boost from passive fury to simply being there
    Another unintended interaction was fixed.
    Daddrieda said:

With Drax VS Mordo it was something about Drax’s double medium swords hit was able to “bypass” Mordo’s astral evade (the one that auto evade while stun-punish you when Mordo has been stunned) and kabam said it wasn’t supposed to be like this and proceeded to blame the frame rate was not correct and blamed it to be an bug. They then altered the frame rate screen to kinda tweak/distance/tilt the camera at some angle just so Drax wouldn’t be able to “bypass” Mordo’s astral evade.

With Archangel it was something about interaction that he was able to passive stun the opponent that has been placed in a node that made those opponent stun immune. Which today shows... well they thought Archangel was simple to strong back during his golden days... if we take a look at white magneto where he can do passive stun then it begs the question how kabam is doing..

Speaking of Drax, did you know in the SQ you can parry him normally with the romance synergies with no stun immunity, because his 2 hit medium is fast enough to where it counts as 2 parries. One cancels the shield and one stuns him. All sorts of unintended interactions from his mediums
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Lvernon15 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Examples?
    Was it silent? I’m sure it was in the change logs then we all got upset about it.

Silent = not announced. It was announced but I forget when before the change it was announced.
  • DylanphileDylanphile Posts: 59
    Blade used to be able to parry> punish Mordo fairly regularly. Now? Forget about it.
  • Blade used to be able to parry> punish Mordo fairly regularly. Now? Forget about it.

That's because his ability description specifically says that he's immune to passive AAR. It worked in the past, but it was a bug. Just like the Sabretooth synergy with Black Panther/BPCW/Killmonger (debuffs reduce opponent ability accuracy by 100% for 0.7s), passive AAR does not stop Mordo from evading.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    AA has been perfectly fine for me. Just today I got some good luck and managed to get 9 neurotoxins on the opponent with Apocalypse.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    My AA has been working fine.
  • AA has been perfectly fine for me. Just today I got some good luck and managed to get 9 neurotoxins on the opponent with Apocalypse.

Thanks for your response Sentry. Although, I'm asking about non-horseman AA gameplay, since I am conjecturing that his bleed procs seem less frequent without Apoc.
    Onmix said:

Thanks Onmix. It seems I'm one of the few who's been experiencing this. I guess 5 months of terrible luck is possible... exhibit A: me.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

AA has been perfectly fine for me. Just today I got some good luck and managed to get 9 neurotoxins on the opponent with Apocalypse.

Thanks for your response Sentry. Although, I'm asking about non-horseman AA gameplay, since I am conjecturing that his bleed procs seem less frequent without Apoc.
    Onmix said:

Thanks Onmix. It seems I'm one of the few who's been experiencing this. I guess 5 months of terrible luck is possible... exhibit A: me.
    Aww.. shucks sorry, was a typo. I did that without Apocalypse. Auto-correct got me there.