**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Let’s debate

13»

Comments

• QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Grean said:

Hit-monkey > Mole Dude

Mole God**
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    People who think there isn't a set bunch of top champions haven't touched endgame content
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

People who think there isn't a set bunch of top champions haven't touched endgame content

This is 100% true. People try to make the "there is no god tier" argument all the time when there quite obviously is since there's a select group of champs that are used more than any others in high tier war and Act 6 explo.

And as far as rating champs goes, you can go ahead and say that everything's situational, one champ isn't better than the other, yada yada. But when objectively looking at how much content champs cover, how difficult that content is, and what specific difficult node/champ combos they counter, you can come up with a solid ranking.
  • Etjama said:

This is 100% true. People try to make the "there is no god tier" argument all the time when there quite obviously is since there's a select group of champs that are used more than any others in high tier war and Act 6 explo.

And as far as rating champs goes, you can go ahead and say that everything's situational, one champ isn't better than the other, yada yada. But when objectively looking at how much content champs cover, how difficult that content is, and what specific difficult node/champ combos they counter, you can come up with a solid ranking.
    I do think that at least at any one specific point in time some champs are much more valuable than others: every time I rank a champ I make that determination. But I do believe champ rankings are situational, not just in terms of the content but also the player. Every champ isn't good at everything, and every player isn't good at everything either.

Yes, there are champs that are used more often in Act 6, say. But while you can say that Void and Warlock are used a lot more often than Iron Fist and Kamala Khan, it is a lot more subjective and less meaningful to say that G2099 is better than Venom or Doom is better than Symbiote Supreme. The champs used all the time might be obviously better than the champs used never, but the champs used 70% of the time are not necessarily obviously better than the champs used 45% of the time in my opinion.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Etjama said:

I do think that at least at any one specific point in time some champs are much more valuable than others: every time I rank a champ I make that determination. But I do believe champ rankings are situational, not just in terms of the content but also the player. Every champ isn't good at everything, and every player isn't good at everything either.

Yes, there are champs that are used more often in Act 6, say. But while you can say that Void and Warlock are used a lot more often than Iron Fist and Kamala Khan, it is a lot more subjective and less meaningful to say that G2099 is better than Venom or Doom is better than Symbiote Supreme. The champs used all the time might be obviously better than the champs used never, but the champs used 70% of the time are not necessarily obviously better than the champs used 45% of the time in my opinion.
    Sure you can defintley make a case for symbiote being great which he is, but the problem is when you look at all content, Variants, aq, aw, act content etc, Doom does come out on top over symbiotic supreme, he just is much more versatile and deals with more than symbiote supreme.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    edited February 2021

This threads looks really fun

- Apocalypse is the best mutant champion in the game
    - Horseman Cable is on AA's level
    - Horseman Gambit is a top 5 champion in the game (can literally block everything and take 0 damage, doesn't matter how long the fights take, you literally will never die. You can tank 200 Bishop L1's at 1% health and take 0 damage, also you can achieve 9 hit combos with his perfect block parries.)
    - Domino is a C tier champion by 2021's standards
    - Red Goblin is one of the worst champions of 2020 (so many obvious flaws in his kit)
    - Air-Walker in the hands of a skilled player and at 3 cosmic charges is an elite cosmic champion
    - Mister Fantastic is an elite science champ (you're right about this one, Spidey, I took my 6* sig 60 Mister F to r2 and he's awesome, so much utility and damage once ramped up)
    - Iron Fist is the worst champion in the game (No I don't have a 5 or 6 star Iron Fist, I just know that he's awful)
    - BWDO is a miss of 2020, very average champ
    - Falcon and Kingpin are the #3 and #4 best skill champs
    - Guardian at sig 200 is absolutely insane, like crazy crazy good. The energy resistance and block proficiency makes him so so good. Plus the insane sp2 damage and all his other utility.
    - Stark Spidey and Blade (less than Starky) are still great champions, Ghost Rider has fallen off massively
    - CGR is the best cosmic champion without suicides, Corvus is the best cosmic champion with suicides
    - CMM is extremely overrated, a solid champ but not elite (she's only elite when she needs to burst down opponents with her indestructible + has the Nick Fury synergy).
    - All 4 of the heralds of galactus have delivered in MCOC. CGR is top tier, Surfer and Terrax are elite, and Air-Walker is solid.
    - Venom The Duck is a C tier champion, possibly even lower. Terrible, terrible champion. A 4 fight buildup for 10 buffs that last for a whole 12 seconds, pathetic. Needs an update to his kit.
    - Vision (Aarkus) is a beast, so much utility and damage.
    - Doctor Doom, Apocalypse, and CGR are the #3, #4, and #5 best champions in the game (Quake #1, Ghost #2 obviously)
    - Psycho Man and Yellowjacket are both absolute utility machines. Both extremely underrated, and even though they have supbar damage, they make up for it with elite utility.
    - OG Scarlet Witch is a D tier champion by 2021's standards, bad champion that is 100% RNG reliant for both her utility and damage (even more so than Domino)
    - Sym Supreme is the 2nd best mystic champion

...and now I breathe. This was fun.

1. Nah. It’s Mags or Omega
    2. You’re tripping. AA can do so much, plus his AAR is great
    3. No. Quake, Ghost, Nick, CMM, Hype, Ægon, Doom, and more are all better
    4. Again, no. She’s better than the C tier
    5. While their may be flaws, he’s still got solid utility and decent damage. (But I think he’s still bugged) No.
    6. No. While I like Air-Walker, the ramp up is pain and the payoff isn’t that worth it
    7. I wouldn’t say Elite, but yes he’s good. Can’t wait to get mine awakened
    8. You obviously haven’t played Miles Morales. Or SIM.
    9. She’s not a miss by any stretch. A miss is someone like Nova. Overrated? Idk don’t have one I use
    10. Falcon maybe Kingpin no
    11. Yes
    12. Yes, especially GR. His damage feels pathetic
    13. Hype without suicides, Corvus with
    14. Nah. She’s a total beast for content and can finish with so much help. Her needing Nick shouldn’t matter.
    15. Air-Walker was a flop
    16. He needs good block prof without the buff. It’s terrible holy ****
    17. Yes
    18. Thought Horseman Gambit was top 5? Also, Apocalypse and CGR aren’t top 5
    19. Yes
    20. You’re tripping. She can do a lot
    21. Errrr... top 3 but not 2. That’s Claire
    I'm not gonna go through the whole thing but I definitely agree with the Starky point. Taunt comes in very handy in a lot of situations and he has very very good damage, especially awakened. Also agree on sym supreme but only because the only mystics I've used are doom, sym supreme, longshot and claire.

Edit: I meant to reply to KD's comment, not Spidey's

Piviot said:

Sorry but you didn’t give a reason for your ideas

But yet you ask us to

You get used to him creating threads like this.
    There is nothing wrong with what spidey has done, he created a thread gave some opinions and others commented with their own opinions.

Piviot said:

But yet you ask us to

There is nothing wrong with what spidey has done, he created a thread gave some opinions and others commented with their own opinions.
    Never said he did anything wrong. Careful on jumping to conclusions little buddy.
    I never jumped to any conclusions, I simply stated that "he did nothing wrong" there was no point of your comment except to stir up static.

Piviot said:

But yet you ask us to

Never said he did anything wrong. Careful on jumping to conclusions little buddy.
    No one's jumping to any conclusions, we all know how you feel since you mention it over and over again. I see you write "No one cares" all the time. I guarantee you that we all care a whole lot more about their legitimate thoughts than your moronic need to hate on people.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Piviot said:

But yet you ask us to

what did I do to make you so mad
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Monke said:

Piviot said:

But yet you ask us to

"Contribute nothing to the forums" as he would say, while literally contributing nothing to the forums
    To be fair, I said he made idiotic comments and was unfunny. And I never compared myself to him, or said that I was contributing anything helpful either.
    ...everyone makes idiotic comments. Don’t like it, don’t click on it. Don’t have to come on here and be all negative
    edited February 2021

Monke said:

Piviot said:

But yet you ask us to

"Contribute nothing to the forums" as he would say, while literally contributing nothing to the forums
    To be fair, I said he made idiotic comments and was unfunny. And I never compared myself to him, or said that I was contributing anything helpful either.
    You know what's worse than idiotic and unfunny comments? Actively hateful and condescending comments. What makes it worse is that Spidey's comments aren't idiotic, and yours are.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Monke said:

Piviot said:

But yet you ask us to

idk what it is that's making you so negative or getting you all riled up but whatever it is, take the time to fix yourself up cuz hating on people for making a forums discussion ain't it

Monke said:

Monke said:

Piviot said:

But yet you ask us to

Oh, thank you for justifying your unnecessary actions :blush:

And if you're doing nothing in the process, what do you get out of it? A giggle? Bragging to your friends? Money? What is the point of you doing it if you know it's wrong, and are contradicting yourself in the process?
    Imma go with option A, a giggle.
    Oh, I see. So you're one of those people that would be a bully in real life, but you're too weak and scared so you do it online instead. All makes sense now.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,106 ★★★★★

Monke said:

Piviot said:

But yet you ask us to

Welp..this decent debate thread is now on a path to get closed down...
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

Piviot said:

But yet you ask us to

And if you're doing nothing in the process, what do you get out of it? A giggle? Bragging to your friends? Money? What is the point of you doing it if you know it's wrong, and are contradicting yourself in the process?
    Oh, I see. So you're one of those people that would be a bully in real life, but you're too weak and scared so you do it online instead. All makes sense now.
    No not really. You’re just a 🐱 and incredibly soft lmao
    Oh yeah, this guy is 100% 12
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,106 ★★★★★
    Yo forum mods...can you leave this open and just delete all of skinnybruh’s comments and put him in timeout?
    edited February 2021

Etjama said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

Piviot said:

But yet you ask us to

No not really. You’re just a 🐱 and incredibly soft lmao
    Ah, an uncreative idiot of a bully too I see since you can't even come up with more of a comeback than, "You're soft", which has no basis. It's pretty funny coming from the pathetic dweeb that hates on people on a website for a mobile video game "for giggles".
This discussion has been closed.