**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What happened to Act 6.2.5 ?

J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Was there an adjustment to this quest when Act 6 was nerfed? I don't remember the details the first time I did my initial run. If there was, then I really think it's not enough...needs a second look at.

Everything about it is wrong, not that it cannot be explored but how terrible it feels doing it...not enjoyable one bit. You get to some fights, and you can discern the motive of the such "node combinations" in connection with the global and Boss fight, you laugh it off and go ahead.

I think the gates should be removed at least and it will make things much better. Many players probably wont be able to explore Act 6, not anytime soon unless you can blow units and potions.

I think it will give almost everyone with a good roster and skill a decent chance of exploring. This is just my thoughts.

What are your thoughts on 6.2.5? (Goes for both those that have explored and those that haven't)

And, I'm not saying this so I can explore it. I should be done with Act 6 exploration early March and the only content left will be Abyss (not sure I have the abyss time to invest, but we'll see). Hopefully, exploration rewards will be kind, and not a repeat of initial completion rewards.

Will be back to share the joys and heartaches :)
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    I’m wil said the part can be okay if u hav a large roster. Beside that the node one the boss is like you dies use a revies. With apparently is normal to do ofcasse. It how we se it all personally I’m hates it done it before the nerf so had hell lot of fun times :-)
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Gamer said:

I’m wil said the part can be okay if u hav a large roster. Beside that the node one the boss is like you dies use a revies. With apparently is normal to do ofcasse. It how we se it all personally I’m hates it done it before the nerf so had hell lot of fun times :-)

If the gates allows you to bring in a champ that is immune to AAR, you don't have to revive if the champ can take on Mordo.

Fact that quite a lot of people were able to clear and explore Act 7.1 while struggling with 6.2 is quite telling of how terrible it is.
    I recently went back and remembering that I'd have to deal with that Mordo boss on a lane where I had to have three 5* tech champs (which effectively screwed with my team selection) was so depressing.

Act 6 is reminiscent of Variant 1, that to this day, is still a terrible experience. In V1 defence though it was never tuned, which makes Act 6 that much worse.
    It may have great rewards but I personally won't be investing any more time into exploring it.

That how I felt for a long time but I took a break from active ally, what is what is helping me to clear this content. Cos besides monthly quest there's nothing to do so I just hit it bit by bit.
    edited February 2021

Honestly, everyone in Point Point Posse gave so much feedback about what to change in 6.2.5 and Kabam took zero of it. 6.2.5 was and still is the worst piece of content in the game. There is nothing redeemable about it. It's just terrible.

At this point, all they gotta do is remove the gate requirement to give players wider alternatives.

Terrible. Strength in Numbers is still absolute BS. Too many paths each with champs that are individually customized and noded and to top it off, riddiculous gating.

It's sad, cos on a Tech lane that requires Cosmic you see nodes that punish Cosmics. Lol, glad I'm done with all the gates.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    J0eySn0w said:

Fact that quite a lot of people were able to clear and explore Act 7.1 while struggling with 6.2 is quite telling of how terrible it is.
    I recently went back and remembering that I'd have to deal with that Mordo boss on a lane where I had to have three 5* tech champs (which effectively screwed with my team selection) was so depressing.

Act 6 is reminiscent of Variant 1, that to this day, is still a terrible experience. In V1 defence though it was never tuned, which makes Act 6 that much worse.
    It may have great rewards but I personally won't be investing any more time into exploring it.

That how I felt for a long time but I took a break from active ally, what is what is helping me to clear this content. Cos besides monthly quest there's nothing to do so I just hit it bit by bit.
    Gonna do just that bud. Chip at it bit by bit.
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    For me, Resources used to 100% 7.1 < 6.2.5+6.2.6

Also, 7.1 is fun, challenging and enjoyable..
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    Bahubali said:

6.2.5 is unit man quest..

Only used 1 revive though....
    Apocalypse (Almost soloed him) brought mordo HP to 3%( Spidey ramped anti-evade to 70%)
    Guardian finished him without touching him ( thanks to the free shock if you reduce his AAR)
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★

That just tells Me 7.1 was way too easy
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Strength of numbers reduced from 25% per death member to 12.5%

Bahubali said:

6.2.5 is unit man quest..

Only used 1 revive though....
    Apocalypse (Almost soloed him) brought mordo HP to 3%( Spidey ramped anti-evade to 70%)
    Guardian finished him without touching him ( thanks to the free shock if you reduce his AAR)

Have you explored 6.2.5? Cos personally the Boss fight isn’t too crazy. There have been similar bosses and even crazier ones. The biggest issue is all the paths to the Boss especially the gated one. And the paths are too many, 10 of them it’s just silly.
  • Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 575 ★★★
    When I was exploring act 6, I really didn’t use many units on it, specifically 6.2.5 and 6.2.6. Although it did take a lot longer because I would restart and try something different to try and do it with the least amount of units as possible

That just tells Me 7.1 was way too easy
    You think everyone is like you grinding their life for units or paying to clear to contents. I'm guessing from the way you speaking, you've cleared all contents in the game.
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    I have cleared everything except abyss but that’s mostly lazyness for me and t5b expiring and I never spend been f2p for years
    Alright, I said I should be done with Act 6 exploration early March and it's done. Now the only content left is Abyss but won't be tackling it anytime soon definitely not this year. Don't have the time for it. Guys don't you think it will awesome to be able to lock your champs in contents like Abyss?

Oh, and the joys and heartaches I said I will share. So far I have the joys: cos I don't the balls for open the rewards. Why haven't I gotten used to this..smh.
    This was my rewards for initial clear.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/197721/finally#latest

I will be back again with the openings, hopefully it's more good than bad
    edited March 2021
    Judge for yourself if the rewards were good or bad

Doom was already max sig

There's no point flooding the post with more pics but nothing account rewarding especially after such a feat. A bunch of bench warmers not even the 6star AG nor the full t5cc both of which were Tech. I'm not sure if someone from this squad could use.

You guys have to do something with these rewards thing, after a content like this the rewards should justify the efforts. Almost everything is RNG in the game, I don't wanna run all these stupid and crazy lanes and boss fights only to pull Air-Walker and a nexus squad full of wankers nobody use in end game contents. A generic 6star AG and a t5cc selector would at the very least given me the option to reward myself for the efforts. I could rank up someone that I enjoy using.
    This is just so stupid!

Edit:
    One can make a case for NT, when will I dupe him let alone get stones for him if I wanted to.