Summoners, due to a technical issue, this week's series of Alliance Quests will be cancelled at 4pm PT. There will not be any Rewards for this series. The next series of Alliance Quests will start on April 18 at 12pm PT. We will be assessing the impact on Alliances and compensating accordingly, as well as returning Alliance Tickets.

Huge props Kabam! you did good!

You cracked down and sent out a massive ban wave on a ton of mercs after announcing 7.1 legends rewards! actually proud of you guys for this one.

Comments

  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 859 ★★★
    edited February 24
    Great work kabam, keep it up!
  • ThantonThanton Posts: 99
    BinkPlayz said:

    You cracked down and sent out a massive ban wave on a ton of mercs after announcing 7.1 legends rewards! actually proud of you guys for this one.

    Hey from where can I check the winners list.
    It's fun to see
  • GmonkeyGmonkey Posts: 1,558 ★★★★
    Thanks for that kabam. I did not even bother trying a legends run last time but will give it a shot this time knowing that cheaters will be caught
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 4,861 ★★★★★
    They did good.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 1,936 ★★★★
    edited February 24
    Thanton said:

    BinkPlayz said:

    You cracked down and sent out a massive ban wave on a ton of mercs after announcing 7.1 legends rewards! actually proud of you guys for this one.

    Hey from where can I check the winners list.
    It's fun to see
    In the Hall of Legends thread in News and Announcements.

    @Thanton
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 859 ★★★
    Gamer said:

    Wiredawg1 said:

    I not sure a 7 day ban is doing a good job as you say. Those who uses mercs in other parts of game get a permanent ban. If kabam really wants to stop merc use do permanent bans not a 7 day slap on wrist

    The problem is the mercs don’t care if there’s doing it for offer. It won’t really hurt them since it not there’s account.
    Agreed, but I still think kabam know where the source of the person that is playing other’s account. They have the device information and can immediately pinpoint the mercenary. Just think about it! 1 person login multiple account on a same device and those account have different names, champions and collections. That’s more than an evidence to ban them folks that asked for help and to ban the person that helped other.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,424 ★★★★

    Temporarily banning cheaters isn’t going to solve anything. They’re going to just take a week long break and come back doing what they’ve been doing for a long time, only now more stealthily. They’ll find other ways to cheat the system. A permaban will not only show how Kabam feels about cheating, but it would save them so much time and effort too, because they don’t have to spend all week looking for the mercs and cheaters every time something like this comes up.

    It’s like Batman constantly hunting down the Joker as he breaks out of prison and kill more people. Why can’t Batman just kill the Joker?

    they do it on purpose..so they will come back and be good citizens and spend more money
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 10,656 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

    Wiredawg1 said:

    I not sure a 7 day ban is doing a good job as you say. Those who uses mercs in other parts of game get a permanent ban. If kabam really wants to stop merc use do permanent bans not a 7 day slap on wrist

    The problem is the mercs don’t care if there’s doing it for offer. It won’t really hurt them since it not there’s account.
    The mercs got their own accounts banned this time also
  • MauledMauled Posts: 2,595 ★★★★★
    edited February 24
    Lvernon15 said:

    Gamer said:

    Wiredawg1 said:

    I not sure a 7 day ban is doing a good job as you say. Those who uses mercs in other parts of game get a permanent ban. If kabam really wants to stop merc use do permanent bans not a 7 day slap on wrist

    The problem is the mercs don’t care if there’s doing it for offer. It won’t really hurt them since it not there’s account.
    The mercs got their own accounts banned this time also
    They still winning as long as they’ve not spent too much on their own accounts. Not that I know how much it costs to get a legends run 🤷‍♂️ Gotta be a dumb dumb to use the same device and WiFi to merc on though.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 7,388 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

    Gamer said:

    Wiredawg1 said:

    I not sure a 7 day ban is doing a good job as you say. Those who uses mercs in other parts of game get a permanent ban. If kabam really wants to stop merc use do permanent bans not a 7 day slap on wrist

    The problem is the mercs don’t care if there’s doing it for offer. It won’t really hurt them since it not there’s account.
    The mercs got their own accounts banned this time also
    My point is that’s. There doesn’t lose as much since there stil gian of it
  • _Sham__Sham_ Posts: 415 ★★★

    Temporarily banning cheaters isn’t going to solve anything. They’re going to just take a week long break and come back doing what they’ve been doing for a long time, only now more stealthily. They’ll find other ways to cheat the system. A permaban will not only show how Kabam feels about cheating, but it would save them so much time and effort too, because they don’t have to spend all week looking for the mercs and cheaters every time something like this comes up.

    It’s like Batman constantly hunting down the Joker as he breaks out of prison and kill more people. Why can’t Batman just kill the Joker?

    Someone who can afford to pay 100s of dollars to Merc is most probably also a big spender, Kabam will never permanently ban a spender, they just want to scare them temporarily so they spend more .

    Win win for Kabam
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 12,042 Guardian
    Wiredawg1 said:

    I not sure a 7 day ban is doing a good job as you say. Those who uses mercs in other parts of game get a permanent ban. If kabam really wants to stop merc use do permanent bans not a 7 day slap on wrist

    My understanding is that in most cases the 7 day ban is what's handed out the first time they catch you, and bans get higher with repeat offenders. This may be the first time they've specifically gone after the mercs, so they may be starting with the lowest ban in their escalation list.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,618 ★★★★★
    edited February 24
    W
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 12,042 Guardian
    _Sham_ said:

    Temporarily banning cheaters isn’t going to solve anything. They’re going to just take a week long break and come back doing what they’ve been doing for a long time, only now more stealthily. They’ll find other ways to cheat the system. A permaban will not only show how Kabam feels about cheating, but it would save them so much time and effort too, because they don’t have to spend all week looking for the mercs and cheaters every time something like this comes up.

    It’s like Batman constantly hunting down the Joker as he breaks out of prison and kill more people. Why can’t Batman just kill the Joker?

    Someone who can afford to pay 100s of dollars to Merc is most probably also a big spender, Kabam will never permanently ban a spender, they just want to scare them temporarily so they spend more .

    Win win for Kabam
    Kabam has permanently banned players in the past, including high spending players. I have seen enough "Your account has been permanently banned" crying on the Reddit (you're not going to see it here because it will get deleted) to know that.

    Players spent over $400 million USD on this game in 2020. How much cash do you think they lost banning a couple hundred mercs? COWhale himself was a round off error in those numbers.

    Kabam needs money. They don't need cheaters' money. They wouldn't even notice if it was gone.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 205 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

    Wiredawg1 said:

    I not sure a 7 day ban is doing a good job as you say. Those who uses mercs in other parts of game get a permanent ban. If kabam really wants to stop merc use do permanent bans not a 7 day slap on wrist

    My understanding is that in most cases the 7 day ban is what's handed out the first time they catch you, and bans get higher with repeat offenders. This may be the first time they've specifically gone after the mercs, so they may be starting with the lowest ban in their escalation list.
    You are completely wrong here. And I tell ya why. You use a merc in abyss you was permanently banned no matter 1st time or 100th time. You want stop cheating you permanently ban the first time that’s how you stop it. Not this let’s slap em on the wrist
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 6,721 ★★★★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

    DNA3000 said:

    Wiredawg1 said:

    I not sure a 7 day ban is doing a good job as you say. Those who uses mercs in other parts of game get a permanent ban. If kabam really wants to stop merc use do permanent bans not a 7 day slap on wrist

    My understanding is that in most cases the 7 day ban is what's handed out the first time they catch you, and bans get higher with repeat offenders. This may be the first time they've specifically gone after the mercs, so they may be starting with the lowest ban in their escalation list.
    You are completely wrong here. And I tell ya why. You use a merc in abyss you was permanently banned no matter 1st time or 100th time. You want stop cheating you permanently ban the first time that’s how you stop it. Not this let’s slap em on the wrist
    I would agree if I thought that they were 100% right with the bans. What about Kabam would make me believe that they never get it wrong though?
  • ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Posts: 170
    100% permabans should be the answer.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 6,721 ★★★★★
    c
    HI_guys said:

    Wiredawg1 said:

    DNA3000 said:

    Wiredawg1 said:

    I not sure a 7 day ban is doing a good job as you say. Those who uses mercs in other parts of game get a permanent ban. If kabam really wants to stop merc use do permanent bans not a 7 day slap on wrist

    My understanding is that in most cases the 7 day ban is what's handed out the first time they catch you, and bans get higher with repeat offenders. This may be the first time they've specifically gone after the mercs, so they may be starting with the lowest ban in their escalation list.
    You are completely wrong here. And I tell ya why. You use a merc in abyss you was permanently banned no matter 1st time or 100th time. You want stop cheating you permanently ban the first time that’s how you stop it. Not this let’s slap em on the wrist
    I would agree if I thought that they were 100% right with the bans. What about Kabam would make me believe that they never get it wrong though?
    Apart from the Quake bans , has there been any wrong bans?
    There haven't been... if you assume that no one else ever got banned who wasn't guilty. How would we know? The only reason we know about the Quake thing is it was a lot of people and it was reversed. I'm just saying with all the mistakes Kabam makes in other areas why do we assume they are 100% accurate on bans? I'm not even saying they aren't 100%. I honestly don't know. But I have no reason to assume that they are.
Sign In or Register to comment.