**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

doom cycle

I recently just pulled 5 star doom after defeating 6.2 champion and im super excited. However, everyone is referencing the doom cycle and I know the basics but I still don't have it down. anyone know the perfect doom cycle?

Comments

• Options
    DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
    1) Get to SP3
    2) Get your opponent to two bars of power
    3) Use SP3
    4) MM LLLMM into SP1
    5) For short fights use SP2 after SP1. But for long fights, you want to get two fury buffs with another SP3. So, after using SP1, re-parry the second or third hit, then MLLLH. You should have three bars of power.
    6) Use SP3
    7) MM LLLMM into SP1, then SP2
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    Watch this:
    https://youtu.be/-YTKwWBjCno

He gets much easier to rotate if the opponent has buffs, and you have Mystic Dispersion.

Don't get too hung up on achieving the double Fury. Most of the time you don't need it.
  • Options
    Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★

1) Get to SP3
    3) Use SP3
    4) MM LLLMM into SP1
    5) For short fights use SP2 after SP1. But for long fights, you want to get two fury buffs with another SP3. So, after using SP1, re-parry the second or third hit, then MLLLH. You should have three bars of power.
    6) Use SP3

For the fourth step, you can also do MLM-LLLMM
  • Options
    Ken1378Ken1378 Posts: 279 ★★★
    One thing people aren’t mentioning is HOW to get to the SP3. For a new Doom player, you might not know that you usually can finish combos with a Heavy. MLLLH. As long as they aren’t Shock Immune or have reduced buff duration. Then, depending on if the defender throws an SP1, it’s actually better to throw your SP1 and power steal. You’ll get to your SP3 quicker.
  • Options
    Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    If you power steal using sp1 while they're on 2 bars and you then get 2 bars your sp2 is then unblockable.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

1) Get to SP3
    3) Use SP3
    4) MM LLLMM into SP1
    6) Use SP3

For the fourth step, you can also do MLM-LLLMM
    Yeah I use this one
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    Typically I just hit them with normal MLLLH combos until I’m almost at 2 bars. Usually they don’t throw specials if you hold block after your combo so that helps. Anyway when you’re really close to an sp2, throw an sp1 (opponent should be at or above 2 bars of power) which will push you to an sp2 due to power steal, and push them to about 1.6 bars of power. Then, reparry and use a MLLLH combo (light attacks power steal, so you’ll get to an sp3 in that single combo due to this) and consequently they’ll be pushed past 2 bars of power from your combo.

Then launch your sp3. This will refresh your aura and grant you a fury. Coming out of the sp3, opponent is stunned. The combo you wanna do is M (can use a light attack in the middle of the mediums, although not necessary) M, LLLMM. To reiterate its M(L)MLLLMM. This gives you enough power to launch an sp1, and the opponent should be on 3 bars of power. After throwing your sp1, you’ll steal their power, so they’ll be close to 2 bars but just under. You’ll be at an sp2. This is the point where you choose based on fight length.

1) shorter fights. Throw the sp2. The aura makes it unblockable, and the fury from the sp3 makes the sp2 hit very hard.

2) Longer fights. Hold block after throwing that sp1, and reparry. Then do MLLLH combo to push you to an sp3, and them to above 2 bars of power. You can see the repetition. Throw the sp3 again.

Then do the same as before. MMLLLMM sp1, then throw unblockable sp2. The second sp3 grants an additional fury, so your sp2 hits even harder than with just 1 fury.

3) other. This is when you don’t really wanna use an sp2. So instead, you can keep them in the ‘doom cycle’. Basically do the same thing as the previous one, but never use an sp2. So, you’d do:
    Reparry, MLLLH combo, sp3, MMLLLMM, sp1, reparry, MLLLH combo, sp3, repeat. this is great for locking down the opponent. It sacrifices a bit of damage since you aren’t using your sp2, but it’s quite safe and is good for a lot longer matchups, or those that are incinerate immune or something, as it just locks them out of doing anything other than hitting your block. It’s really quite effective.

If you need clarification on anything, @ProximaMidnight_8, please don’t hesitate to let me or other people know.