**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Just wasted 1200 units on 6.2.6 Champion... RANT

Hey folks,

I just dumped more than 1,000 units on the last 10% of the Champion boss fight, and I could't finish it. I'd been dreading doing this fight for over 2 months and kept putting it off. I brought 6/r1 Sym Sup, 5/65 Doom, 4/55 Guardian, 5/65 Archangel and 5/65 Warlock. I had a relatively easy time getting to the Champion except for the Magik and Void fights, where I needed to use 1 revive on each fight. I'd watched so many videos on the boss fight, both pre- and post-nerf, I figured I'd be able to dex the last hit of his special 1 with relative ease.

Before the boss fight, I activated tons of boosts, including a mystic power boost, and a mystic special boost, in addition to 30% greater champion boost. Getting The Champion down to the last 10% phase wasn't all that bad. But oh my lord, I just couldn't get it right in the last phase.

Even with the +1000% block proficiency from Guardian, my Doom was taking massive block damage. But I think the biggest thing that kept killing me was the Champion's Unstoppable buffs. I tried the fight with Sym Supreme as well, and even with all of the staggers/nullifies I just could NOT keep the boss from going unstoppable and wrecking me. I also had a really hard time timing the dexes, and it seemed like I only got it right a handful of times.

Maybe I'm just not ready for this fight, or I should have brought a champ that does Slow. But it cost me about 1,200 units worth of revives and health potions, and I still failed. I feel dumb, and I wasted tons of units (most of which were purchased with real money!). After blowing through 1,200 units, I decided to just quit out of the quest, and put the game down. I'm disappointed in my skill, angry at the game and at myself. This isn't fun-- it's the opposite.

I'm not sure where to go from here-- but I don't want to spend revive after revive again. I need to make this boss fight manageable so I can dex properly. But that Primal Fury/Unstoppable just ruins it.

I do have a 6* 1/25 unawakened Red Guardian, as well as a 6* 1/25 unawakened Sorcerer Supreme, both of which have a nice Slow. But none of them have the passive stun mechanic that I depend on with Doctor Doom for the first 90% of the fight. I'd love suggestions (other than something like "git gud"). Thanks for reading my rant!

Comments

• thewass1980thewass1980 Posts: 150

If you don't have MD unlocked, unlock it to at least 1/5.

Make sure you nullify his furies immediately and try to have as much uptime on the stagger as possible.

Also, do some duels against the Champion and practice the L1 evades until you can get it done consistently without taking block damage.

Is there a good way to learn how to time the nullify/stagger right? Like you said, this is a highly-skill-dependent fight, and I've managed to brute force my way up until now (with some skill, but clearly not enough!). From what I'm gathering so far, having a Slow champ might not even be needed? But that's where I'm getting KOed, is from the unstoppable furies.
    Zan0 said:

So you got him to the last phase with relative ease and then couldn't get the 3 dexes? Were you just throwing revives at it or were you healing as well?

I was throwing revives and health potions. But yeah, that's correct, I mostly breezed through the other fights and the first 90%, although the 3rd phase was quite tricky as well. I kept getting destroyed by a combination of whiffing the dexes and getting destroyed by either block damage or unstoppable/both. That's why I think I should try bringing Sorcerer Supreme with her Slow mechanic, so I have one less thing to theoretically worry about.
  • asuoa650asuoa650 Posts: 57
    Best thing is with doom. He is tanky enough to get past the block damage. Practice in duels with dexing first part of champions sp1. Dash in after he chops and dex the headbutt. If you have enough health, you can tank the whole special. Then sp2 and he is finished. I practiced a lot duels by the first method and ended up using 2 20% revives. Hope this helps

You have cap iw? What i did was take the whole special on the block and dex his headbutt at the last second. I used symbiote supreme for the first 90 percent with 4/5 mystic dispersion and 5/5 deep wounds with max assassin. You have to not be scared of the special and dex at the last possible second, when his head is moving forwards you dex. Good luck and try to get cap iw if you can. He is really helpful for the last 10 percent, or use thing

Thanks for the kind words! Yes, I have a maxed out max sig 5* CAIW. I didn't bring him into this quest for my initial try, but I could try him next time.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    For the first time, he can be quite tricky but don't be disheartened. Completing act 6 will be a relief because act 7 is much much better. Keep practising and you'll be able to do it.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

bruh........................................... just horsemen gambit. Block damage doesnt exist and ya just need to wait out the unstopable

Just tried it with Horseman Gambit (6r1) and it was laughable how easy it is. You can also stun him off your sp1 while he’s unstoppable and push him over a bar of power. By far the easiest time I had getting off the charges
  • DoonxDoonx Posts: 182
    I consider myself an average player, am not very skilled, and heavily rely on units to finish hard contents. But I managed to do it with 1 revive and pots to full health after watching several videos on how to dex Champion's sp1. Btw I used 5/65 max sig CapIW. Good luck. You can also do it. 😊
    Doonx said:

I consider myself an average player, am not very skilled, and heavily rely on units to finish hard contents. But I managed to do it with 1 revive and pots to full health after watching several videos on how to dex Champion's sp1. Btw I used 5/65 max sig CapIW. Good luck. You can also do it. 😊

Yeah dude... that's basically me as well. I thought it would be totally doable because I probably watched 2 hours worth of 6.2.6 content on YouTube.

I'd bring a team of Gambit, Doom, cap IW, gambit and apoc. You said that getting him down to 10% wasn't too hard so this seems like the best team for ur last 10%

Two Gambits? But yeah, I R2'ed my Gambit (he's sig 40) early this week after I finally pulled a 5* Apoc. Frankly that's a really good idea and i'm not sure why I didn't think of that the first time around. I'd have to get 4 charges on Apoc first, but I could just bring Sinister or Cable for that I guess.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I'd bring a team of Gambit, Doom, cap IW, gambit and apoc. You said that getting him down to 10% wasn't too hard so this seems like the best team for ur last 10%

Two Gambits? But yeah, I R2'ed my Gambit (he's sig 40) early this week after I finally pulled a 5* Apoc. Frankly that's a really good idea and i'm not sure why I didn't think of that the first time around. I'd have to get 4 charges on Apoc first, but I could just bring Sinister or Cable for that I guess.
    Pick up the charges on Starky, Blade, and Corvus. They are the easiest champs for Apoc to pick up charges on.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    If you have any hopes of exploring 6.2.6, you have to work on dexing his L1. With what you said, you biggest issue is not getting to his last percentile but dealing with his unstoppable and dex the L1.

Lemme ask: Do you know how Champion gets his unstoppable, are you aware of the timer?
    If not you need to know it that way you can address it before it activates. Doom works perfect at that stage. SS, Stealthy, CAIW (mutant synergy) are all excellent champs to even solo the fight.

Practice his L1 dexing and identify his unstoppable activation. @thewass1980
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/YC8sSBWdLyo

I leave it here in case you haven’t watched. This guy is fighting pre-nerfed version but the mechanic of dex is the same.
  • GlassbackGlassback Posts: 341 ★★★
    Not many people use it but, I did it with Captain America Infinity War. If you take him with a mystic champ and a mutant, then every time he activates a special attack you get your kinetic charge and every time he loses a buff you can a charge. Hitting him while he’s on stoppable will end the unstoppable at the cost of a kinetic charge.

Made it really easy. Plus he has near perfect block all the time 🤷🏻‍♂️
    J0eySn0w said:

Lemme ask: Do you know how Champion gets his unstoppable, are you aware of the timer?
    If not you need to know it that way you can address it before it activates.

No, I guess I don't understand the mechanic. I can see there's an unstoppable timer, but I'm not sure why he goes unstoppable and how long it lasts. It seems to happen nearly constantly in that last stage.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★
    edited February 2021

Here’s my top champs for reference.

CAIW. Easy. If I could do it with only 3 r5s then you can with 1 of the best counters at r5 plus 12 r5s. I used nick fury for the last 10%.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Use a 3-star version of your preferred champ against a champion duel target and practice dexing there.