Just wasted 1200 units on 6.2.6 Champion... RANT

2»

Comments

• JoshKosh557JoshKosh557 Posts: 2,075 ★★★★★
    @thewass1980 another good tactic pther than horseman gambit would be taking 0 hits on the block in the final phase and just letting mystic dispersion fuel you .
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i5FIWf4kPZ2H_h88Ex4ep1iffKlhZmhe/view?usp=sharing
    I take so long to get 3 dexes but it works out fine
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 657 ★★★
    edited February 28
    As a person whose done the fight with a 6r2 doom, I really don't know what's wrong. I spent around 300 and without Guardian, so I really think the problem's on you. And I don't have either deep wounds or assassin unlocked, with doom at 3/5 md. Practice the last part with duels
  • thewass1980thewass1980 Posts: 59

As a person whose done the fight with a 6r2 doom, I really don't know what's wrong. I spent around 300 and without Guardian, so I really think the problem's on you. And I don't have either deep wounds or assassin unlocked, with doom at 3/5 md. Practice the last part with duels

I mean, obviously the problem is "on me". I never claimed otherwise. If I didn't have the problem, I wouldn't have posted here.

@thewass1980 another good tactic pther than horseman gambit would be taking 0 hits on the block in the final phase and just letting mystic dispersion fuel you .

That's pretty insane that you finished that fight with what looks like a rank 1 Hood. I tried bringing Apoc and Gambit in, but I can't seem to play Apoc well enough to get the necessary persistent charges needed to make Gambit a Horseman. Maybe if my Apoc was 5/65, but unfortunately he's 4/55 at the moment.

That's pretty insane that you finished that fight with what looks like a rank 1 Hood. I tried bringing Apoc and Gambit in, but I can't seem to play Apoc well enough to get the necessary persistent charges needed to make Gambit a Horseman. Maybe if my Apoc was 5/65, but unfortunately he's 4/55 at the moment.
    Just restart a couple times. You can do it bro.
  • SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 1,930 ★★★★
    Reference said:

Your team is more than enough for the Champion fight. I used 5*r3 SS with zero unit spend on this fight. You better understand the mechanic rather than dumping unit on revives. Once you dumb unit, you fall in a loop of keep dumping as your cost of quitting the fight increasing. What I did the first time is, quit whenever my entire team die, rerun the path immediately. This is the way to warm up your brain and muscle memory.

For the last 10% of The Champion, you should practice it with duel. Push him to launch L1 and practice dex before his last hit of special. I suppose u have watched YT videos. Think thoroughly what those ppl did (no matter the guy is using SS, Doom, CAIW, Hood, Thing....etc).

Believe me. Understanding the mechanic and restart the path are far better than power through with unit. 6.2.6 Champion is similar to Nameless Thanos, which is totally not make sense to dump unit.

This is is a exactly what I did. Don’t dump units ever.

Hey folks,

I just dumped more than 1,000 units on the last 10% of the Champion boss fight, and I could't finish it. I'd been dreading doing this fight for over 2 months and kept putting it off. I brought 6/r1 Sym Sup, 5/65 Doom, 4/55 Guardian, 5/65 Archangel and 5/65 Warlock. I had a relatively easy time getting to the Champion except for the Magik and Void fights, where I needed to use 1 revive on each fight. I'd watched so many videos on the boss fight, both pre- and post-nerf, I figured I'd be able to dex the last hit of his special 1 with relative ease.

Before the boss fight, I activated tons of boosts, including a mystic power boost, and a mystic special boost, in addition to 30% greater champion boost. Getting The Champion down to the last 10% phase wasn't all that bad. But oh my lord, I just couldn't get it right in the last phase.

Even with the +1000% block proficiency from Guardian, my Doom was taking massive block damage. But I think the biggest thing that kept killing me was the Champion's Unstoppable buffs. I tried the fight with Sym Supreme as well, and even with all of the staggers/nullifies I just could NOT keep the boss from going unstoppable and wrecking me. I also had a really hard time timing the dexes, and it seemed like I only got it right a handful of times.

Maybe I'm just not ready for this fight, or I should have brought a champ that does Slow. But it cost me about 1,200 units worth of revives and health potions, and I still failed. I feel dumb, and I wasted tons of units (most of which were purchased with real money!). After blowing through 1,200 units, I decided to just quit out of the quest, and put the game down. I'm disappointed in my skill, angry at the game and at myself. This isn't fun-- it's the opposite.

I'm not sure where to go from here-- but I don't want to spend revive after revive again. I need to make this boss fight manageable so I can dex properly. But that Primal Fury/Unstoppable just ruins it.

I do have a 6* 1/25 unawakened Red Guardian, as well as a 6* 1/25 unawakened Sorcerer Supreme, both of which have a nice Slow. But none of them have the passive stun mechanic that I depend on with Doctor Doom for the first 90% of the fight. I'd love suggestions (other than something like "git gud"). Thanks for reading my rant!

I never dump units anymore. Because the first me I did this fight the same happened to me. This was p nerf. But I leaned it. Now you see how easy it is to get to the champion and how easy first 90% is. Don’t waster units waste energy refills if anything.
    I tried a different team just now. 4/55 Apoc, 1/25 Cable (just so I could get the max persistent charges after the first fight), 5/65 CAIW, 6* R2 Gambit for the Horseman perfect block, and 5/65 sig 200 Doom.

Yeah... that didn't go well. I couldn't make it past Iceman this time. Unfortunately I can't use 3 out of my 5 roster spots just to get perfect block with Gambit. Guess I'm back to the drawing board (and will need to bring in Torch or Warlock for Iceman). But hey, i'm not spending units this time.
    edited February 28

I tried a different team just now. 4/55 Apoc, 1/25 Cable (just so I could get the max persistent charges after the first fight), 5/65 CAIW, 6* R2 Gambit for the Horseman perfect block, and 5/65 sig 200 Doom.

Yeah... that didn't go well. I couldn't make it past Iceman this time. Unfortunately I can't use 3 out of my 5 roster spots just to get perfect block with Gambit. Guess I'm back to the drawing board (and will need to bring in Torch or Warlock for Iceman). But hey, i'm not spending units this time.

yo, instead of bringing cable you could bring walock and get iceman to 1-2% health. Then you could kill off ur warlock and use apoc to finish the iceman, giving him 4 charges

yo, instead of bringing cable you could bring walock and get iceman to 1-2% health. Then you could kill off ur warlock and use apoc to finish the iceman, giving him 4 charges

Do you mean sacrifice my warlock on purpose? hmm... I guess...

Do you mean sacrifice my warlock on purpose? hmm... I guess...

I mean, its an easy way to give ur apoc max charges and cap + doom can do the rest of the path with a few pots.
  • SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 1,930 ★★★★

Not a bad idea. I think you should learn it with doom. He’s so good at that champion fight. But what was good for me might not be good for you. You’ll find your way. Your not alone on 6.2 hate.
    I think I'm going to step back from this quest for a while. It's driving me crazy and making me quite angry, and that's now how I want to view MCOC. Maybe I'll get enough rank up materials from the March events to max out my Apocalypse, because I can barely beat Stark Spidey with him at the moment.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 483 ★★★
    Richtheman has the best timing video for the last 10%

It is what I used.

He breaks it down in slo mo, so you can see how tight the timing is
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 1,530 ★★★★

I think I'm going to step back from this quest for a while. It's driving me crazy and making me quite angry, and that's now how I want to view MCOC. Maybe I'll get enough rank up materials from the March events to max out my Apocalypse, because I can barely beat Stark Spidey with him at the moment.

In my first run I used Sorcerer Supreme and I only used a single revive to down the Champion because of a failed intercept. Fire an SP3 while you are in the Pink Blessing so you will have a Permanent Pink rune. Having that, every time you fire a special attack (SP1 or SP2) you will apply a slow. Spam SP1 and hit into his block so you can nullify his debuffs that will also give you power with Mystic Dispersion. Actvating the Blue Blessing will let you block his attacks making it easy to dex his specials.

You can do this!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 5,705 ★★★★★
    edited March 1
    Did you do duels to practise against him?

Watching others do it =/ you can do it too.

Really skilled players know exactly what they’re doing for each fight and make difficult fights look easy. It’s usually not the case when you actually try it out yourself.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 1,865 ★★★★
    edited March 1

J0eySn0w said:

Lemme ask: Do you know how Champion gets his unstoppable, are you aware of the timer?
    If not you need to know it that way you can address it before it activates.

No, I guess I don't understand the mechanic. I can see there's an unstoppable timer, but I'm not sure why he goes unstoppable and how long it lasts. It seems to happen nearly constantly in that last stage.

The unstoppable and non-unstoppable timer keep switching each other. That’s it. If you’re being cornered by unstoppable Champion, launch SP to create distance again.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 1,865 ★★★★
    Btw, I’m not preferring switch team since your current team (6/r1 Sym Sup, 5/65 Doom, 4/55 Guardian, 5/65 Archangel and 5/65 Warlock.) are good good good enough. Fight with something you get used to instead of learning another synergy mechanic again.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 373 ★★

J0eySn0w said:

Lemme ask: Do you know how Champion gets his unstoppable, are you aware of the timer?
    If not you need to know it that way you can address it before it activates.

No, I guess I don't understand the mechanic. I can see there's an unstoppable timer, but I'm not sure why he goes unstoppable and how long it lasts. It seems to happen nearly constantly in that last stage.
    If you can see the unstoppable timer then try and place a stager before it activates with Doom. Or even better use CAIW he will nullify the unstoppable buffs as long as he has a kinetic charge. Bring a mutant and mystic synergy along to ensure you're kinetically charge all the time.
    xNig said:

Did you do duels to practise against him?

Watching others do it =/ you can do it too.

Really skilled players know exactly what they’re doing for each fight and make difficult fights look easy. It’s usually not the case when you actually try it out yourself.

I tried dueling The Champion a bunch of times, but the issue is that the duel targets aren't beefed up like 6.2.6 Champion is, and just doesn't feel the same.
    I tried going for it again this evening. I'm not sure if it's me not being as good, or the difference in my team, but I couldn't even make it past Corvus this time without needing to use revives. I like the idea of Horseman Gambit in theory, but it's just not working for me. I"ll try again in a few days.
  • ShaqatacShaqatac Posts: 210
    I found last 10% the easiest tbh, cap iw made it a breaze because he completely shuts down the unstoppable and i found the dex easy on champion i stood off him and held block until he got close then just move back and it worked