**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thoughts on the buffs

So thoughts on the 4 buffed champs, did they look as good on paper?

Comments

• Berlad8Berlad8 Posts: 114

I fought Angela against ws and damage output feels the same tbh.

Exactly what I wanted to say. at first I thought I was missing something, but she's the same old angela. even with 6 armor breaks the damage is just the same.

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★

Its not. Its not a big increase but she didnt need that. Shes got some cool stuff added now
    Yah she has added stuff which I like but the damage feels the same, I was expecting more damage but that’s my fault.
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★

Civil Warrior is quite stressful to play

Angela’s damage seems the same

Masacre is easier to keep up the ignition but his incinerates are still short

Hood is way better than I thought

Agree
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Masacre update is good if you are a Masacre player. Angela is not much different.

Really dislike the buffs to CW and Hood. If Kabam's idea of a buff is to give champs the ability to deal big damage, but the ramp up isn't worth it, then I wouldn't be ranking and playing the champs. It's one thing to beat up ROL WS with these guys, but am I really going to bring them into any serious content? Doubtful. Again, fully admit, these are initial impressions.
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★

They really should have boosted her special attack damage
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    I haven't tested them quite yet, but they look awesome.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Angela is bugged I think, her damage output feels exactly the same despite aptitudes and armor breaks
  • ILLUSION8ILLUSION8 Posts: 243
    Sunspot said:

Masacre is doing amazing, definitely the best out of the 4. R3 5* Masacre is doing 55k damage into the block when ignited. No suicides.

i'd love to see a video of that if you could dude. ive got a 5* R3 and my sp2 into block seems to do around 25-30k. not sure why the difference. would love to know how i could play him better
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    Angela seems very similar, but the damage is a bit higher especially if you stack up the armor breaks. I got up to 7 armor breaks with good uptime spamming special 1. This was against WS though, so I want to use her in other content and see how her other utility feels. Holding out for a 6* to rank though, still don't think I will rank my 5*.

CW definitely his harder, but even with 50 furies, the damage wasn't crazy, decent considering where he came from, but not mind-blowing. Similar to Angela, need to try his utility elsewhere, but I don't feel my 6* is a slam dunk to R2.

Don't play Masacre or Hood much, so no opinions on those.
  • carpediem666carpediem666 Posts: 363 ★★★
    ILLUSION8 said:

Sunspot said:

Masacre is doing amazing, definitely the best out of the 4. R3 5* Masacre is doing 55k damage into the block when ignited. No suicides.

i'd love to see a video of that if you could dude. ive got a 5* R3 and my sp2 into block seems to do around 25-30k. not sure why the difference. would love to know how i could play him better
    Are you ignited + the disorient + incinerates? Mine landed around 48k-55k over two hits.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Civil Warrior is *Chef’s Kiss*

The Armor Up conversion to Fury mechanic is no different than Rocket Raccoon’s Shield Changes or Winter Soldier’s Ammunition Swaps — that mechanic has been around for YEARS

It is not complicated. It’s actually one of the easiest and best mechanics out there, because it literally lets you choose how you want to fight

The damage potential, depending on how you play...it’s not going to break the game. My personal assessment after a few fights is that it’s basically mid-tier, maybe a bit above

But to me, that’s all Civil Warrior needed to be AWESOME, because of the utility that the kit had

Love this buff and THANK YOU KABAM
    Angela, as noted above by others, feels similar but it isn’t the same. What I like about it, again, is it lets you choose how you want to play by how you choose to proc the buffs.

If you need Fury, proc it. You need Armor Up or Crits, proc it. You need Armor Breaks, proc it. You want to extend and strengthen the buffs, proc it.

I am one of those people who doesn’t need every single character to be the greatest in the game for every single situation. I prefer characters whose kits have decent utility, DPS that I can access that is no worse than average for getting down Cavalier level content, and most importantly, different ways for me to play the kit depending on the situation.

Thus far, for how I perceive games and comics lore as Kabam has applied it to game mechanics, I love how Civil Warrior and Angela were done.

I will withhold my opinions on Hood, because I understand that it’s a sensitive matter for some people. I will say this, though, I always felt his invisibility was OP, based on original lore. He was once only able to be invisible while holding his breath. It was never super long. Effective, but not super long.

Now, I am not saying what Kabam did or didn’t do overall was good or bad. Just saying that tightening up Hood’s invisibility timer....I can see that and agree with it.

I will try it later, but I THINK, repeat THINK, Civil Warrior might be able to do the 6.2 Sinister fight now? It definitely could be tricky with the poison, but if he’s Awakened and you start with two Armor Ups, then you do some five-hit combos to get to four...the poison maybe shouldn’t proc at all, then you convert the Armor Ups to Furies right before the L1, then drop L1 to get the Armor Ups back, while you Heal Block on Heavies...

I THINK, repeat, THINK, it can be done
  • ILLUSION8ILLUSION8 Posts: 243
    Sunspot said:

ILLUSION8 said:

Sunspot said:

Are you ignited + the disorient + incinerates? Mine landed around 48k-55k over two hits.
    I didn't have the disorient
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    I have angela as a 6 star unawakened so didn't really see much difference.
    I liked hood though. He is more fun to play and in buff heavy matchups he does great. His regen is awesome as well.
    Masacre has just increased damage so cool as well.
    Civil warrior also looks good with those furies.
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Angela seems great
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I keep seeing people say angela is debuff immune.... my 5* is at sig 140 and she only reduces debuff duration by 29.17%. Is the scaling on her sig ability exponential or something? Max sig 4* is -25% duration. Unless that's a classic kabam typo, you're still taking 75% of the damage. I'm not overwhelmed.
    Menkent said:

I keep seeing people say angela is debuff immune.... my 5* is at sig 140 and she only reduces debuff duration by 29.17%. Is the scaling on her sig ability exponential or something? Max sig 4* is -25% duration. Unless that's a classic kabam typo, you're still taking 75% of the damage. I'm not overwhelmed.

It's per buff. You can get 3 buffs with angela easily.

Menkent said:

Oh, my...oh, my. I hadn’t tested the kit in Debuff matchups...oh, my.

ESF said:

Menkent said:

Oh, my...oh, my. I hadn’t tested the kit in Debuff matchups...oh, my.

I have also not tested cause I have her as unawakened 6 star.🥺😢