**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Civil Warrior has the potential to be one of the hardest hitting Champs

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

Rbk19 said:

His ramp up is easy but maintaining that fury is the problem, most of the time you have to concentrate on the fury timer to refresh it. You need aggressive play style to maintain damage. Kabam should have gone like collusus update by making permanent fury with 20 max limit. Finally he is tech gamora

If you need to bait out a special, if you dex 5 times then you can refresh your furies. It's tight sometimes, but much easier than expected
    Agreed — I rarely had fewer than 10 in longer fights and probably average around 20-30

Not saying it doesn’t require a bit of concentration, but it isn’t that hard, either
    I'm working on trying to get a full run in abyss against Omega red where i don't lose a single fury, just to try and see what his damage is there. If the spores weren't there I could do it much easier, but unfortunately it's an extra thing to worry about
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

ESF said:

Rbk19 said:

His ramp up is easy but maintaining that fury is the problem, most of the time you have to concentrate on the fury timer to refresh it. You need aggressive play style to maintain damage. Kabam should have gone like collusus update by making permanent fury with 20 max limit. Finally he is tech gamora

If you need to bait out a special, if you dex 5 times then you can refresh your furies. It's tight sometimes, but much easier than expected
    Agreed — I rarely had fewer than 10 in longer fights and probably average around 20-30

Not saying it doesn’t require a bit of concentration, but it isn’t that hard, either
    I'm working on trying to get a full run in abyss against Omega red where i don't lose a single fury, just to try and see what his damage is there. If the spores weren't there I could do it much easier, but unfortunately it's an extra thing to worry about
    Let us know how that goes, maybe?

I don’t want to overstate because there’s a lot of testing to be done, but right now, as of this moment, I am considering taking my what was already pre-buff 4/55 Civil Warrior to R5.

I said in another thread that I recognize that the DPS isn’t game breaking, but I like this buff enough, along with the utility the kit still has, to strongly consider it because I already liked playing the kit, but just couldn’t get anything down fast enough to want to play it more
    Wicket329 said:

A tip from my testing: The Nick Fury/CMM synergy extends his fury duration by 20%. It’s not a ton, a little less than a 2.5 second extension, but it is enough to take some stress out of it. Plus a team of those three is killer and covers a ton of ground on utility and damage. You could easily slide Quake in there for the evade synergy and now you’ve got a really stacked team with an extra slot still to work with (Quake is optional, just trying to come up with ways to cover as many scenarios as possible).

Fantastic tip! I’ve been using guardian, really helps with taking a couple hits on block now and then :)
    ESF said:

ESF said:

Rbk19 said:

I don’t want to overstate because there’s a lot of testing to be done, but right now, as of this moment, I am considering taking my what was already pre-buff 4/55 Civil Warrior to R5.

I said in another thread that I recognize that the DPS isn’t game breaking, but I like this buff enough, along with the utility the kit still has, to strongly consider it because I already liked playing the kit, but just couldn’t get anything down fast enough to want to play it more
    I’m recording my attempts and will upload on YouTube when/if I manage it. I just wanna see how far he gets to be honest. I’m expecting 60-70? A rank 3 could solo i think.
  • ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 245
    anyone remember a champion called Gamora ?

ESF said:

ESF said:

Rbk19 said:

I’m recording my attempts and will upload on YouTube when/if I manage it. I just wanna see how far he gets to be honest. I’m expecting 60-70? A rank 3 could solo i think.
    I said in another thread that I THINK CW should be able to maybe solo 6.2 Sinister? What do you think? Especially if Awakened, so you start with the 50 percent Poison AA reduction?

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,009 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

Rbk19 said:

I said in another thread that I THINK CW should be able to maybe solo 6.2 Sinister? What do you think? Especially if Awakened, so you start with the 50 percent Poison AA reduction?

My only concern with his kit trying to juggle that poison resistance from armor with his furies. You’re constantly having to convert armor into fury if you want to maintain the damage output, which means you won’t have a reliable poison counter.

In theory, you could spam sp1 without ever converting them to fury until you have 50+ armor ups and then convert them so as to just launch straight to the maximum damage, but that’ll be extremely tedious. If you try it let me know though!

Oh wait also Sinister has Prey on the Weak there. You’re gonna be giving him a ton of power with your conversions from armor to fury (but awakened CW can handle that, in theory)
    ESF said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

Rbk19 said:

So I think not. Sinister has prey on the weak, so you’d need to refresh all armour buffs so they don’t expire and give him a ton of power. However, if you refresh armour into fury, that means you don’t have your poison reduction so you’ll take the poison damage.

The only caveat for me, is that if you used the heimdall synergy for the fury and spammed your sp1 to refresh armours, you’d be able to do it. But he’d have low damage and there’d be better options.

What I will do, is test it later though!
    @Wicket329 / @BitterSteel : I ALWAYS forget about Prey on the Weak. Every single freaking time LOL
    ESF said:

@Wicket329 / @BitterSteel : I ALWAYS forget about Prey on the Weak. Every single freaking time LOL

Update on CW vs sinister, really not possible. You need to be so aggressive, it’s only just possible to refresh the armour buffs before they all expire, if he holds his special for half a second it’s over. Way to tricky, maybe if his armour buffs stayed paused for 20 seconds like they’re supposed to instead of refreshing and lasting 11 seconds

ESF said:

Update on CW vs sinister, really not possible. You need to be so aggressive, it’s only just possible to refresh the armour buffs before they all expire, if he holds his special for half a second it’s over. Way to tricky, maybe if his armour buffs stayed paused for 20 seconds like they’re supposed to instead of refreshing and lasting 11 seconds
    Thanks for testing it, though — that’s unfortunate because honestly, you would like to see that particular kit be a little better situated for that fight, given the design
  • Legendary_PoeyLegendary_Poey Posts: 209
    I dropped ws in 67 hits with my r5 no suicides. I've used him on multiple act 7 lanes as well and really enjoying him. Don't think everyone will like him, but he is way better than before.
    ESF said:

ESF said:

Thanks for testing it, though — that’s unfortunate because honestly, you would like to see that particular kit be a little better situated for that fight, given the design
    I’m starting to think that the AAR on poison and bleed is meant for defence, it’s not reliable enough for offence, and it’s more dangerous to have a partial counter than no counter at all.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,064 ★★★★★
    i'm liking all of the buffs ... CW especially. (wow can't believe i said that lol)
    @ESF I'm sure you'll be pleased to be updated with this, been trying Civil Warrior against Omega Red a few times tonight, and I got a bit further this time..

I'll be uploading the Solo sometime tomorrow to youtube :D
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    I'm loving my r3 5* version now thinking of him to r4

@ESF I'm sure you'll be pleased to be updated with this, been trying Civil Warrior against Omega Red a few times tonight, and I got a bit further this time..

I'll be uploading the Solo sometime tomorrow to youtube :D

NICE
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I found him quite stressful to play and I'm not a big fan of high pressure play. He has some good damage and utility but isn't for me.

Took 193 Hits, 19 Abyss charges left, 10 minutes of fight time. I have to say, I am loving using Civil Warrior now, 10/10 on the buff. Very seriously considering R3

Nice, I was going to try to test that myself, but didn't want to go through thing. Wonder if he could solo any other fights, maybe havok.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    edited March 2021
    My only issue with him is his fury buffs timer, it's too short. I mean you can refresh or start building again if you loose it but for most cases it will be impractical. His playstyle will not be enjoyable or fun for most players. It'll be like multiple YT adverts popping up when you're enjoying a video cos you have break a run or move to refresh.

According to his strengths, he should excel in long fights but his Fury refresh mechanic needed more love or thoughts. I THINK HIS FURY SHOULD ALSO HAVE REFRESHED WHEN THE OPPONENT USE A SPECIAL IN ADDITION WHAT HE HAD JUST LIKE SHE-HULK'S. And this would have also given him the opportunity to keep Armor and Fury at the same time for a decent amount of time. C'mon he was meant for a long time.

I said in a comment how the champion buffs are healthy for the game, one of the best decisions Kabam ever made but I'm having a feeling Kabam is being overly stingy or have been with some of these buffs.
    - CW, a better fury buff length or additional refresh wont break him
    - Hood, his utility could have been kept with his damage and he'll fine and not OP
    - Angela, armor break 7secs is too short given it activates upon start of special

The idea with some of these reworks are awesome but needs just a lil touch to make them really fun and good to use. The game is getting more and more champs and ONE WAY to keep players interested is the ability to use several champs and enjoy them not having to stick just a handful of champs.
    Just a thought

Edit:
    - DDHK, he would have been a decent champ without his lowered regen rate, he wouldn't have been OP smh
    J0eySn0w said:

My only issue with him is his fury buffs timer, it's too short. I mean you can refresh or start building again if you loose it but for most cases it will be impractical. His playstyle will not be enjoyable or fun for most players. It'll be like multiple YT adverts popping up when you're enjoying a video cos you have break a run or move to refresh.

According to his strengths, he should excel in long fights but his Fury refresh mechanic needed more love or thoughts. I THINK HIS FURY SHOULD ALSO HAVE REFRESHED WHEN THE OPPONENT USE A SPECIAL IN ADDITION WHAT HE HAD JUST LIKE SHE-HULK'S. And this would have also given him the opportunity to keep Armor and Fury at the same time for a decent amount of time. C'mon he was meant for a long time.

I said in a comment how the champion buffs are healthy for the game, one of the best decisions Kabam ever made but I'm having a feeling Kabam is being overly stingy or have been with some of these buffs.
    - CW, a better fury buff length or additional refresh wont break him
    - Hood, his utility could have been kept with his damage and he'll fine and not OP
    - Angela, armor break 7secs is too short given it activates upon start of special

The idea with some of these reworks are awesome but needs just a lil touch to make them really fun and good to use. The game is getting more and more champs and ONE WAY to keep players interested is the ability to use several champs and enjoy them not having to stick just a handful of champs.
    Just a thought

Edit:
    - DDHK, he would have been a decent champ without his lowered regen rate, he wouldn't have been OP smh

I haven't found his fury mechanic to be cumbersome at all. 12 seconds has worked out fine everywhere I've tested him. I do think it could be longer, maybe like 16 seconds, but there is no need for him to be a useful champion.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★★
    The problem with CW at this point is not maintaining his furies. I have tested my 6* and didn't face a problem with it at all. Even after losing them, it's not such a big issue to build them back. And the synergy between CMM and Fury certainly helps with that, if you are lucky enough to have them.

But the problem is with the playstyle itself. Dashing back and holding block is a terrible way to manage a fight, since it eventually gets you cornered with your back against the wall. And that's a recipe for failure. No thank you. At this moment, I have no interest in ranking him up.
    edited March 2021

The problem with CW at this point is not maintaining his furies. I have tested my 6* and didn't face a problem with it at all. Even after losing them, it's not such a big issue to build them back. And the synergy between CMM and Fury certainly helps with that, if you are lucky enough to have them.

But the problem is with the playstyle itself. Dashing back and holding block is a terrible way to manage a fight, since it eventually gets you cornered with your back against the wall. And that's a recipe for failure. No thank you. At this moment, I have no interest in ranking him up.

You say that, but I have played with him in act 7 with his normal rotation and haven't gotten backed to to my wall yet. I don't think he is for everyone, but if you enjoy playing him he is great now.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★★

You say that, but I have played with him in act 7 with his normal rotation and haven't gotten backed to to my wall yet. I don't think he is for everyone, but if you enjoy playing him he is great now.

Then I guess, this is what I'm saying. I don't enjoy playing him. And despite his occasionally useful utilities, he does not bring anything unique to the table, in comparison to the Tech champs I have already ranked up / plan to rank up further, so he will remain an arena champ for me.

Took 193 Hits, 19 Abyss charges left, 10 minutes of fight time. I have to say, I am loving using Civil Warrior now, 10/10 on the buff. Very seriously considering R3

Nice, I was going to try to test that myself, but didn't want to go through thing. Wonder if he could solo any other fights, maybe havok.
    Probably not as an r2, without the reliable parry on Havok’s medium I think refreshing furies would be a bit too much.

Unfortunately while he’s meant for long fights, I don’t think he’s meant for abyss. He can’t take tech fights cause no armour break, can’t take cosmic cause no nullify, can’t take skill due to the AAR on basic attacks, I’m pretty sure he couldn’t take mystics because the fate seal would get rid of buffs when he refreshed.

He could take science since he has a debuff on his heavy, and can take mutant as well. But 2/6 classes isn’t really great for an abyss champ.

The good thing is, his ramp up is not too much effort so that you feel fine taking him into act 6 and act 7, it’s all about finding the space to refresh.
    edited March 2021

Then I guess, this is what I'm saying. I don't enjoy playing him. And despite his occasionally useful utilities, he does not bring anything unique to the table, in comparison to the Tech champs I have already ranked up / plan to rank up further, so he will remain an arena champ for me.
    No other champions reduce attack while blocking to the best of my knowledge. Any hard to evade specials, along with his high block proficiency with his armour, will be handled by the weakness he applies while blocking. Also he’s only the 2nd champion I believe that is immune to nullify on their base kit, Thing is the other, and I think Hulk can with a synergy.

While not unique, when one other champion has it, I’d say it’s pretty nice. Match ups aren’t always favourable with Thing. And CW hits harder than him, and doesn’t need a full team synergy.

With regards to getting backed up against the wall, I’ve found refreshing during specials best, it means you don’t lose any space and can carry on normally. Either that, or dash back so they run at you, then parry and hold block. The timer starts when you do that, so it’s a free refresh.

I get that his playstyle isn’t for everyone though, it’s tough to get hold of. I definitely think he’ll be a champ that some people hate, I’m glad I’m someone who loves using him.
  • CatapoulpeCatapoulpe Posts: 101

No other champions reduce attack while blocking to the best of my knowledge. Any hard to evade specials, along with his high block proficiency with his armour, will be handled by the weakness he applies while blocking.
    Immortal abomination says hi