**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Civil Warrior has the potential to be one of the hardest hitting Champs

13»

Comments

• Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★
    Just used a 6* r1 w/o synergies for the buffed up Symb Sup in 6.1.6, he's probably the best counter now with immunity to nullify and a ton of buffs
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,782 ★★★★★

Just used a 6* r1 w/o synergies for the buffed up Symb Sup in 6.1.6, he's probably the best counter now with immunity to nullify and a ton of buffs

A good choice, perhaps. But the best, no. That fight has The Thing written all over it.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

A good choice, perhaps. But the best, no. That fight has The Thing written all over it.
    Thing doesn’t have power drain. I think they’re both good for different reasons.

You say that, but I have played with him in act 7 with his normal rotation and haven't gotten backed to to my wall yet. I don't think he is for everyone, but if you enjoy playing him he is great now.

Then I guess, this is what I'm saying. I don't enjoy playing him. And despite his occasionally useful utilities, he does not bring anything unique to the table, in comparison to the Tech champs I have already ranked up / plan to rank up further, so he will remain an arena champ for me.
    No other champions reduce attack while blocking to the best of my knowledge. Any hard to evade specials, along with his high block proficiency with his armour, will be handled by the weakness he applies while blocking.
    Immortal abomination says hi
    Damn that two faced....

I completely forgot, well remembered.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 ★★★★★
    On CW’s original kit, he could convert four armor up buffs into a permanent passive by popping an sp1. If he retained some form of this mechanic, he’d be absolutely perfect. You wouldn’t have to decide between armor and fury because the passives wouldn’t convert to fury. Maybe make it a slower ramp because you’d first have to convert a bunch of armors into passives, but it could be really cool. Maybe like a “ending combo with a light attack converts four armor buffs into a passive” mechanic.

But he already slaps, so this would just be a cherry on top. I’m very happy with his buff.
  • bruhmomento69bruhmomento69 Posts: 157

I’ve been using Fury/CMM with him and it seems to makes the furies last longer. One tiny change would be perfect and that’s if his armors from signature didn’t convert to fury. That way you would keep half of his resistances at all times and with clever play could use him to counter some nodes. As of now you either give up damage for the utility to do it, or hope you can finagle a strategy to make it work for a counter.

Heres a tip, get near 2 bars but not a full 2 bars, convert and launch that sp1, rinse and repeat and you will do fine, you can always convert to refresh and gain a fury and then sp1 so your then immune to bio and get to keep some damage.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/253211/civil-warrior-abyss-solo/p1?new=1

Hi anyone who’s interested. Uploaded my Abyss Solo of Omega Red and posted about it here :)
  • Legendary_PoeyLegendary_Poey Posts: 209
    edited March 2021

Thing needs synergy to do that fight, without it it he can't sustain 3 buffs.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Monke said:

A bit too hard to sustain for my liking. better than Sentinel, but I say he lacks a bit behind Mysterio Doc Ock and P99

Don’t have much experience with sentinel but have heard he’s really good and much better than doc, P99, and mysterio. I would say CW is better than doc, P99 and mysterio with Doc Ock being the closest to CWs level
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,455 ★★★★
    Civil warrior worthy of R3 unduped or nah? Been thinking about it.
  • Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★

Thing needs synergy to do that fight, without it it he can't sustain 3 buffs.
    Exactly, most other counters like Thing or Quake need Heimdall and his synergy teams, whereas CW can solo w/o synergies or awakening
    Rasilover said:

Civil warrior worthy of R3 unduped or nah? Been thinking about it.

I’m thinking of doing it, but purely because I have Warlock and Ghost already r3 and I fancy a fun rank up. If I got G2099 it’d be great, and I guess maybe I’d regret it since she’s better, but ultimately I’ll get another tech catalyst at some point. And I’m not holding on ranking up because I might get a champ in the future, or you’d never rank anyone up.

I really enjoy him and like his utility, but if you were planning on doing it I’d make sure you really do like his playstyle, test him all over the place and make sure you think it’s viable.

I think he’s absolutely worth it, but make sure you don’t think you’d regret taking him over someone like ghost, warlock or G2099!!