Options

Is there a new best 5th champ for the Abyss easy path?

EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
We all know that there are 4 mainstream champs for the Abyss easy path. Ægon, Human Torch, Symbiote Supreme, Nick Fury. That leaves 1 more space. Who belongs there?

See, Heimdall has been the go-to in that 5th slot for the longest time, but we've now seen what Prof X, Mags, and CGR can do in Abyss. Does Heimdall really still save the most units? Prof X, Mags, and CGR can all solo fights on the easy path that aren't otherwise soloable with your other champs which I feel should save more revives than being able to survive a little longer in each fight if you slip up.

And then there's White Mags who may seem like an odd one, but he could save several revives on the Abyss Collector with his pre-fight allowing you to properly parry.

So what do you think? Really interested to know.

Is there a new best 5th champ for the Abyss easy path? 57 votes

Heimdall
31%
World EaterMhd20034HendrossKiptonadeLmaoManar198xRockyshockyMobile_P0tat0KRANꓘawesome1werH3t3rEdeuinkParam1988Ben_15455Amneties[Deleted User]Doovid12Scaroladipo 18 votes
Magneto
24%
LilMaddogHTAssumedNameMastercrisUvoginSlapdashKurtzCharlie21540SaltE_Wenis69ScrubhanCrcrcrcLlessurNOXETERNISsleimonTribalChief 14 votes
CGR
17%
NapaHeroLion101ihate8745Maxwell24HoitadoGr8TonyStarkBarani7daSpiderHammyUOG5Tyrant 10 votes
White Mags
5%
CazTheKillerSpork_Sham_ 3 votes
Professor X
21%
Kill_GreyVbnmeThoye3MasterpuffVendemiaireTheBair123CowabungaAGYAATGlazilSaulovskyDark_hoodsI_tell_no_tales_1 12 votes
Post edited by Kabam Valiant on

Comments

• Options
    AdokAdok Posts: 274 ★★
    Doom??? lol
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Professor X
    I mean I am nowhere near being an Abyss expert, but I've seen crazy things from Prof X
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    If we're talking about the easy path the best team is Stryfe, Apoc, Red Mags, Prof X and Sym Supreme. Pretty much every fight can be soloed or very close to it by someone.
  • Options
    edited March 2021

If we're talking about the easy path the best team is Stryfe, Apoc, Red Mags, Prof X and Sym Supreme. Pretty much every fight can be soloed or very close to it by someone.

Just looked at the easy path and noticed Prof X is not necessary for any of the fights so sub him out for White mags.
  • Options

I took Mags instead of Heimdal for my initial run and regretted it. Also, Fury isn’t that good against IW. I ended up using Ægon against her.

Fury not good against IW? He's literally the best option, he can one-shot that fight.
  • Options
    Six_strings6Six_strings6 Posts: 223 ★★
    Etjama said:

Yeah, no. The whole Stryfe in Abyss thing was hyped way too hard. Don't let the videos with a R3 fully boosted Stryfe with a full synergy team and the White Mags pre-fight against the Collector fool you, he'd be hell against him compared to Ægon.
    I was always under the impression that there are other champs that may be better at clearing fights than aegon but he is far and away the best collector option that the few extra revives on the path makes up for it
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Professor X
    I'm going with Aegon, Torch, Doom, Prof. X, White Mags on my first run. Can't pull NF and no SymbSup. Lol.
  • Options

I'm going with Aegon, Torch, Doom, Prof. X, White Mags on my first run. Can't pull NF and no SymbSup. Lol.

Seems pretty solid tbh. I was actually wondering about replacing Nick as well. Apparently an HT solo on IW is possible, though the attack increase with Nick is another thing to keep in mind.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Lol good one
  • Options
    The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★
    Etjama said:

I took Mags instead of Heimdal for my initial run and regretted it. Also, Fury isn’t that good against IW. I ended up using Ægon against her.

Fury not good against IW? He's literally the best option, he can one-shot that fight.
    Don’t know what to tell you, I speak from experience. It was super hard to keep her shield down because it was so hard to get it down in the first place with Nick. Ægon made quick work of her, and was way better in my case.
  • Options

LOL

Have fun on the collector. Enjoy Mephisto. Aegon is way better.

Take this L
    Guess you didn't know Apoc becomes immune to Mephisto's aura
  • Options

Etjama said:

Don’t know what to tell you, I speak from experience. It was super hard to keep her shield down because it was so hard to get it down in the first place with Nick. Ægon made quick work of her, and was way better in my case.
    Well I'm speaking from experience too and it's still a 2-shot even with just 1 point in DW. Easily soloable with max DW.
  • Options

Etjama said:

Disagree it was very simple for me, here is 1 revive with a 5/65 and only 1 pt in DW.
    https://youtu.be/CjkGvsFpePY
  • Options
    edited March 2021

LOL

Take this L
    Guess you didn't know he'd have to tank the incinerate debuff from a Sp1 to do that and the fight would still be absolute hell. And the Collector would still be god awful. Go do Abyss with that team and we can all laugh about it taking 8k units.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Professor X

LOL

Take this L
    Fully aware. Apoc doesnt have as much damage(or even close) to Torch. So having that powergain is gonna be super fun.

Question:
    Have you really done completion with that team?
  • Options
    Etjama said:

LOL

Take this L
    Guess you didn't know he'd have to rank the I cinerate debuff from a Sp1 to do that and the fight would still be absolute hell. And the Collector would still be god awful. Go do Abyss with that team and we can all laugh about it taking 8k units.
    Except you don't. Stand in his aura for 8 seconds you're immune. He'll place fate seal debuffs the entire fight so you can heal back whatever you lost
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Professor X
    Etjama said:

Seems pretty solid tbh. I was actually wondering about replacing Nick as well. Apparently an HT solo on IW is possible, though the attack increase with Nick is another thing to keep in mind.
    Yea, Munash did a solo on IMIW with HT but the +20% damage from Nick is what's making me think otherwise but I just can't seem to pull him as a 5/6*.

Adding White Mags will not only help against Abyss Collector with his pre-fight but it will also make Professor X much more manageable with +30% prowess duration if I'll use him against Invisible Woman. If there's a 6th slot, Apoc will be perfect for the horseman pre-fight and additional prowess potency but that's asking too much. Lol.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Professor X

Etjama said:

LOL

Take this L
    Guess you didn't know he'd have to rank the I cinerate debuff from a Sp1 to do that and the fight would still be absolute hell. And the Collector would still be god awful. Go do Abyss with that team and we can all laugh about it taking 8k units.
    Except you don't. Stand in his aura for 8 seconds you're immune. He'll place fate seal debuffs the entire fight so you can heal back whatever you lost
    Can confirm this actually works. Until you get sp3ed.
  • Options

Etjama said:

LOL

Take this L
    The fight would still be hell with all the power gain. It would take tons of revives. And you're still ignoring the fact that the Collector would be awful.
  • Options
    edited March 2021

Etjama said:

LOL

Take this L
    Can confirm this actually works. Until you get sp3ed.
    He has a less than 20% chance to activate his aura. Do heavy attacks and sp1s to maximize the damage per hit. Keep his power low by baiting his special 1.

Besides with HT you want to 3 combos constantly and the power gain is no problem for him
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

LOL

Take this L
    The fight would still be hell with all the power gain. It would take tons of revives. And you're still ignoring the fact that the Collector would be awful.

Just looked at the easy path and noticed Prof X is not necessary for any of the fights so sub him out for White mags.
  • Options

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

LOL

Take this L

No. He would still be way worse in that fight than Ægon. Everyone else in this thread knows that team wouldn't be nearly as good as the normal Abyss team. If you need to go and spend 8k units with your suggested team in order to see that, do it and come back.
  • Options
    _Sham_ said:

Etjama said:

Disagree it was very simple for me, here is 1 revive with a 5/65 and only 1 pt in DW.
    https://youtu.be/CjkGvsFpePY
    I am newbie in NF got him recently, tell my why his charges are not expiring ?

Thanks
    While nick fury has a fury active, his tactical charges become permanent until that fury expires. In this case with his sig it is permanent.