**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Another update?

TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
Another update of 1.1 GB...? Anything special in this?

Comments

• LORDSPOOKY66LORDSPOOKY66 Posts: 290 ★★
    This update has been live for a week
  • QUOTE (from Changelog)...

v30.1.1

v30.1.1 is an optional update that will only be available to some Android users. It only contains in-game tracking information that helps us identify issues some players may face in the early game.
  • Raja88Raja88 Posts: 10
    @Kabam
    Why didn't the update specify it's optional and also it would collect our data?
    Why don't you disclose this information in the Google Play store instead of on a ridiculously long post within the changelog? It seems shady and also the largest sized update I have seen so far. It's as if you are trying to hide the update's purpose but can still claim it was disclosed for any future complaints and possible lawful litigation.
  • I don’t think it is “Data Collection” as in Privacy stuff.
    Keep in mind, EVERY THING you do in game is “collected” because everything is run thru their servers (it is not a game that can be played off-line).

If it were to help solve generic Android issues, that would involve higher level gameplay/nodes.
    But the additional update says targeted at beginner players (early in game). So likely Tutorial-based stuff (or things that beginners struggle with that they may want to add to better Tutorials or Help Msgs).
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Raja88 said:

@Kabam
    Why don't you disclose this information in the Google Play store instead of on a ridiculously long post within the changelog? It seems shady and also the largest sized update I have seen so far. It's as if you are trying to hide the update's purpose but can still claim it was disclosed for any future complaints and possible lawful litigation.

You've already agreed for Kabam to collect whatever they need when you downloaded this game. If they were trying to be shady, they wouldn't make it optional and they wouldn't tell you about it. Take the tin-foil hats off. None of your information is that valuable for a company like Kabam to want.
    The only thing that makes me suspicious of the reasoning for the update is that they were already gathering data from the beginning.

It could well be that it is what they say it is, but there is definitely a part of me that has doubts as any person gets from time to time.

Also, all data is king, regardless of who it's from. Hence the recent issues with things like WhatsApp who were going to change their policies, and many other apps that state what they do and don't collect from you. All personal data is marketing money for any company. (I'm not saying that Kabam is doing this, but just refuting the point of data collection of the general masses being of no value)
    Just downloading the game gives them what you said. If they are pushing a optional update for some Android users, I am not sure how that can be any worse that us agreeing to let them collect the data they're already collecting. I see it as a mechanic like in Windows apps/games on PC, it being a crash reporting system.

They could easily just put this in an update and never said anything.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Raja88 said:

@Kabam

You've already agreed for Kabam to collect whatever they need when you downloaded this game. If they were trying to be shady, they wouldn't make it optional and they wouldn't tell you about it. Take the tin-foil hats off. None of your information is that valuable for a company like Kabam to want.
    The only thing that makes me suspicious of the reasoning for the update is that they were already gathering data from the beginning.

It could well be that it is what they say it is, but there is definitely a part of me that has doubts as any person gets from time to time.

Also, all data is king, regardless of who it's from. Hence the recent issues with things like WhatsApp who were going to change their policies, and many other apps that state what they do and don't collect from you. All personal data is marketing money for any company. (I'm not saying that Kabam is doing this, but just refuting the point of data collection of the general masses being of no value)
    Just downloading the game gives them what you said. If they are pushing a optional update for some Android users, I am not sure how that can be any worse that us agreeing to let them collect the data they're already collecting. I see it as a mechanic like in Windows apps/games on PC, it being a crash reporting system.

For sure. I just don't think that it's sole purpose is what they've stated. It also seems very weird that they didn't release the same thing for Apple (yet) as Apple is much more strict about telling the customer about what exactly is being collected, as opposed to Google who doesn't.

As I said, I'm just skeptical of the entire necessity of this update. I might have to run it through a few different sites I know to see what their analysis of it is (unfortunately most of the places I know haven't updated their results since v25.)
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Raja88 said:

@Kabam

For sure. I just don't think that it's sole purpose is what they've stated. It also seems very weird that they didn't release the same thing for Apple (yet) as Apple is much more strict about telling the customer about what exactly is being collected, as opposed to Google who doesn't.

As I said, I'm just skeptical of the entire necessity of this update. I might have to run it through a few different sites I know to see what their analysis of it is (unfortunately most of the places I know haven't updated their results since v25.)
    Who knows. I'm on Android but I don't have the option for the additional download. I've never had the game crash though.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Raja88 said:

@Kabam

Who knows. I'm on Android but I don't have the option for the additional download. I've never had the game crash though.
    I've not had the game crash in a very long time but had the update offered on both my devices, which is weird since I only have one account, and the data collection is meant for those in the "early game".

I can't help but feel that there's a need for more transparency on what this update fully entails.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    This is just suspicion for the sake of suspicion.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Raja88 said:

@Kabam

I've not had the game crash in a very long time but had the update offered on both my devices, which is weird since I only have one account, and the data collection is meant for those in the "early game".

I can't help but feel that there's a need for more transparency on what this update fully entails.
    You and I both know we won't get that much more info if not just a reiteration of what's in the changelog.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    The problem is, gameplay becomes worse for some devices after this specific optional update.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

To elaborate on the "Data Collected" thing, we only collect in-game data, and can only collect what the game is set up to collect. If there is additional information needed, we need to add that to a New Release. We don't control who that release goes to, as that's done by the App Store/Google Play store, so this will be available to both new and existing players. It's not predicated on if you already have an account, or not.

That’s really interesting. Just android right now? Or can we see one go live on the Apple store too?
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

To elaborate on the "Data Collected" thing, we only collect in-game data, and can only collect what the game is set up to collect. If there is additional information needed, we need to add that to a New Release. We don't control who that release goes to, as that's done by the App Store/Google Play store, so this will be available to both new and existing players. It's not predicated on if you already have an account, or not.

I'm Cavalier and my gameplay is plagued with the infamous loading screen issue. Do I need to download this update? Data is kinda expensive here