**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Can We Stop With The “Need To Count” Nodes?

Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
edited March 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Nodes like thermostat aren’t fun additions to gameplay. The Ghost Rider boss on cav eq 2.1 is just not fun. Having to keep an eye on the brute force timer, the power sting timer, the extra long hard knock life timer already requires some attention be taken away from the match. Throwing in a hit counter to actively manage further erodes immersion.

Nodes like thermostat are not hard, but they’re not fun. They seem to be popping up a lot in recent content, and they really take attention away from the match in order to check up on the little counter in the top left of the screen.

There has been so much fun, creative, and challenging content released lately. Most fights feel fresh, fair, and really grab your attention. Nodes like thermostat run counter to the great changes in mcoc’s recent game design. When you’re punished for not blocking enough, it’s a pretty poor way to reward skilled play. And it makes matches feel like a chore.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I used ghost for this fight, ignores having to parry, converts the incinerate, and I just launched my sp2 through the power sting after getting the fury from the incinerate for the ko.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I’d rather have a counter than a node like aspect of war where there is no counter and all of a sudden they’re unblockable
  • Options
    FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    quake destroyed that fight
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    figure out how to counter the nodes cause you easily can. as others have said use incin immune, energy resist, or purify champs. this stuff is complicated but it has to be, the "difficult content" a few years ago with the nodes. the hardest node was simple, you degen 1.1% health, easy right? these difficult nodes actually give us the ability to counter them and I much prefer that
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    First time I'm working on 100% cavalier (currently I'm on the last path to Jane foster) ..

But seriously .. ghost rider was NOT the problem this month ... he was sooooo easy ..

(yes, that was a one shot with doom, combo got broken as I ate 1 attack I think ... )
    :)
    Used ghost another time ... can't remember who else I used .. all 1 shots .. several different champs.

Now, if we want to discuss annoying bosses .. let's talk Jane foster .. :P LOL
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I didn’t read it all but guess OP just didn’t bring a counter like human torch or silver surfer... 🤷‍♂️ Can’t fix what’s not broken.

This node is perfect, you can try to bring a one sided counter and play with the combo. Or bring a double immune champ and smash it.

If you don’t bring either counters then I’d suggest ranking one up.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Jane Foster was annoying AF. Ghost Rider was fun though because I had Claire who absolutely dominates Ghost Rider.
  • Options
    usteruster Posts: 95

Nodes like thermostat aren’t fun additions to gameplay. The Ghost Rider boss on cav eq 2.1 is just not fun. Having to keep an eye on the brute force timer, the power sting timer, the extra long hard knock life timer already requires some attention be taken away from the match. Throwing in a hit counter to actively manage further erodes immersion.

Nodes like thermostat are not hard, but they’re not fun. They seem to be popping up a lot in recent content, and they really take attention away from the match in order to check up on the little counter in the top left of the screen.

There has been so much fun, creative, and challenging content released lately. Most fights feel fresh, fair, and really grab your attention. Nodes like thermostat run counter to the great changes in mcoc’s recent game design. When you’re punished for not blocking enough, it’s a pretty poor way to reward skilled play. And it makes matches feel like a chore.

I heard not being a whiny noob helps (ps if u “git gud” you won’t be a noob anymore)
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    uster said:

I heard not being a whiny noob helps (ps if u “git gud” you won’t be a noob anymore)
    What does that have to do with OP's point?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★

So it's not a skill to be able to play around whats going on? I used either HT or Rhulk. Never died to Ghost Rider. There are a ton of incinerate immune champs out there you can bring to that fight.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

If you've gone to a point where you can reach the Cav EQ, timers would be burned into your memory so you don't have problems on losing attention on either the fight or the timers.

There are three separate timers on this particular node: brute force (degen after 6 seconds without contact), power sting (6 seconds after you fill a bar of power), and a 15 second hard knock timer (disorient passive on parry). Having to manage three separate timers and keep a hit count up is not fun. It’s annoying
    All you have to do is not throw a special and stay aggressive. You won't have to worry about the timers its not rocket science. But I do understand what you mean it is a little annoying
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Qacob said:

Etjama said:

I think everyone's missing the point here. He's not saying that it's difficult, just annoying. And I agree. They did it with Jane Foster too. You've gotta pay attention to so many things. EMP Mod, Encroaching Stun, Mighty Charge, Bubble Shield. Granted I wrecked it with Torch, but the node combos are just straight up annoying.

But isnt that what brings the challenge? Most champions are really easy to fight at their base, and having multiple nodes that you have to focus on and pay attention to is what makes a fight interesting and challenging imo.
    Of course it needs to be difficult and combining some hard nodes is what can get you there, but there's just a line you don't cross imo. When you have to worry about not gaining buffs, throwing a special every 20 seconds, not being able to intercept, not being able to parry their first medium, not being able to stick debuffs, and not being able to take many blocked hits against that node combo without them going unblockable, that fight just becomes such an annoyance.
    I totally understand that, but still disagree. Probably because I had a great counter in AA but I just find it fun 🤷
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Gotta be honest i loved the Jane foster fight. Thought it was the best cav boss for ages. 🤷🏽‍♂️

There’s ways to keep the debuffs on basically you have to pressure her in the corner so she’s attacking with lights, heavies and specials, use your heavies to bait specials etc...I liked it, fast paced, rhythm based fights are the best ones for me. Plus that deadpool side quest last month meant re-parry technique is locked down 100%.

I kinda agree on pressure gauge though. There was an entire act 7 path (I think) I found way more tedious than gr. that fight was ok really, just used colossus.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Thermostat is not as bad, Pressure Gauge is much worse.
  • Options
    Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    Just to clarify, it’s not a hard node. It just isn’t fun. Pressure gauge, I think the gauss node, and thermostat are all becoming more common and it’s a tedious style of play. Yes, I know there are counters. Yes, I probably have the counters. But my point is that these nodes are becoming a trend that is both uninspired and uninteresting.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    Literally just mindlessly facerolled 2.1 gr with torch
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    They should get rid of Diss Track and Buffed Up
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    SWORD78 said:

They need to get rid of Diss Track and Buffed Up

No they don’t...
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

SWORD78 said:

No they don’t...
    I changed it to they should because it really limits your roster which is very annoying because I like to use Different champions for fights because I don’t always like using the same champions
  • Options
    NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★
    SWORD78 said:

Jaded said:

SWORD78 said:

No they don’t...
    I changed it to they should because it really limits your roster which is very annoying because I like to use Different champions for fights because I don’t always like using the same champions
    You're saying that as if we see buffed up and disstrack once every single hour