**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can We Stop With The “Need To Count” Nodes?

2»

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I enjoy the node combo , they make it so you either can skill your way through or bring the best counter to that node. Just be lucky it wasn’t what it used to be where you got punished for not having a counter period.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

SWORD78 said:

Jaded said:

SWORD78 said:

They need to get rid of Diss Track and Buffed Up

No they don’t...
    I changed it to they should because it really limits your roster which is very annoying because I like to use Different champions for fights because I don’t always like using the same champions
    You're saying that as if we see buffed up and disstrack once every single hour
    I didn’t say that at all I just don’t like the nodes. I guarantee you that there is a node that you don’t like and would like it removed
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

Etjama said:

Qacob said:

Etjama said:

I think everyone's missing the point here. He's not saying that it's difficult, just annoying. And I agree. They did it with Jane Foster too. You've gotta pay attention to so many things. EMP Mod, Encroaching Stun, Mighty Charge, Bubble Shield. Granted I wrecked it with Torch, but the node combos are just straight up annoying.

But isnt that what brings the challenge? Most champions are really easy to fight at their base, and having multiple nodes that you have to focus on and pay attention to is what makes a fight interesting and challenging imo.
    Of course it needs to be difficult and combining some hard nodes is what can get you there, but there's just a line you don't cross imo. When you have to worry about not gaining buffs, throwing a special every 20 seconds, not being able to intercept, not being able to parry their first medium, not being able to stick debuffs, and not being able to take many blocked hits against that node combo without them going unblockable, that fight just becomes such an annoyance.
    I totally understand that, but still disagree. Probably because I had a great counter in AA but I just find it fun 🤷
    I have Quake, Ghost, AA, HT, they all make that fight non-existent. But just the pure idea of the node combos is so utterly stupid to me that I was still annoyed by it. Happy for you if you found it enjoyable though.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    dot_ditto said:

First time I'm working on 100% cavalier (currently I'm on the last path to Jane foster) ..

But seriously .. ghost rider was NOT the problem this month ... he was sooooo easy ..

(yes, that was a one shot with doom, combo got broken as I ate 1 attack I think ... )
    :)

Congrats on that one shot with a 5/65. Didn't really warrant a screenshot.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,070 ★★★★★

Nodes like thermostat aren’t fun additions to gameplay. The Ghost Rider boss on cav eq 2.1 is just not fun. Having to keep an eye on the brute force timer, the power sting timer, the extra long hard knock life timer already requires some attention be taken away from the match. Throwing in a hit counter to actively manage further erodes immersion.

Nodes like thermostat are not hard, but they’re not fun. They seem to be popping up a lot in recent content, and they really take attention away from the match in order to check up on the little counter in the top left of the screen.

There has been so much fun, creative, and challenging content released lately. Most fights feel fresh, fair, and really grab your attention. Nodes like thermostat run counter to the great changes in mcoc’s recent game design. When you’re punished for not blocking enough, it’s a pretty poor way to reward skilled play. And it makes matches feel like a chore.

Lol Gr is most easiest boss this month mate
  • Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    There is not a single challenging content released in last the 12 months.