**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question about the side quest

So tier 7 and tier 8 offer the same amount of uru, I'm more interested in the T1A in tier 7 than the T2A in tier 8. So instead of running tier 8 can I run tier 7 (of course doing tier 8 to unlock the next casket)?

Comments

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    You don't need to run tier 8 to get the next casket, all you need are the urus. But you will lose the ability to run tier 7 once tier 9 opens.
  • EdwxnEdwxn Posts: 211 ★★

You don't need to run tier 8 to get the next casket, all you need are the urus. But you will lose the ability to run tier 7 once tier 9 opens.

This is why you save the uru so you can get all the rewards. Grind out one tier and then buy the caskets when you think you have enough uru to buy out the caskets.
    Edwxn said:

This is why you save the uru so you can get all the rewards. Grind out one tier and then buy the caskets when you think you have enough uru to buy out the caskets.

The OP is referring to the tier rewards, not the casket rewards. Each tier has its own rewards for completion. The caskets offer a bigger, one time reward, but running a tier multiple times gets you other rewards.
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★

You do need to run tier 8 (although only once) to get to next level.
    edited March 2021

No you don't.
    You can run tier 7 enough times to have the urus to unlock tiers 8,9 and 10. It's just once you unlock higher tiers, you can only play 2 tiers. So once tier 9 is unlocked, you can't play tier 7 anymore. But again, you don't have to unlock tier 9 right away either and keep playing 7 to stock up on the urus.
    Voltolos said:

No you don't.
    You can run tier 7 enough times to have the urus to unlock tiers 8,9 and 10. It's just once you unlock higher tiers, you can only play 2 tiers. So once tier 9 is unlocked, you can't play tier 7 anymore. But again, you don't have to unlock tier 9 right away either and keep playing 7 to stock up on the urus.
    You have to play a tier to unlock its casket
    No, you just need the urus to buy a casket that opens up a tier. Nothing obligates you to play a specific tier.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,619 Guardian
    edited March 2021

No you don't.
    YES, those higher Tier Caskets require BOTH that you run each of their corresponding Tier's actual Quests, AND have enough Uru to purchase them.
    The caskets for 8/9/10 are locked unless you have run their matching Quests first.

(edit, meant Caskets 6-9. There's not actually a casket 10)

No you don't.
    YES, those higher Tier Caskets require BOTH that you run each of their corresponding Tier's actual Quests, AND have enough Uru to purchase them.
    The caskets for 8/9/10 are locked unless you have run their matching Quests first.
    I'm aiming for tier 7. So can I just grind out tier 5 and get the uru?
    edited March 2021
    Edwxn said:

No you don't.
    Yes, you actually can play tier 5 until you have enough uru to purchase the caskets you want. Just know how much uru you get each time you play the tier.

I have tier 8 unlocked, and that gives me 10 uru each run, just like tier 7. I can play tier 7 seven more times to get 75 uru, which allows me to purchase casket 8 which opens tier 9. If I play tier 7 seventeen more times, that will give me the uru to buy casket 8 and casket 9 at the same time. The key is once I buy the casket(s), tier 7 will disappear.

Edwxn said:

No you don't.
    Yes, you actually can play tier 5 until you have enough uru to purchase the caskets you want. Just know how much uru you get each time you play the tier.
    Oh Okay. Thanks!
  • Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    Raichu626 said:

Edwxn said:

No you don't.

I have tier 8 unlocked, and that gives me 10 uru each run, just like tier 7. I can play tier 7 seven more times to get 75 uru, which allows me to purchase casket 8 which opens tier 9. If I play tier 7 seventeen more times, that will give me the uru to buy casket 8 and casket 9 at the same time. The key is once I buy the casket(s), tier 7 will disappear.
    You're not allowed to buy a casket until you've done its corresponding quest. You can easily check in game, why do you keep insisting on something so obviously wrong? Just go to the shop and see for yourself
    Do you only need to do the corresponding quest once? If I want to open casket 8, can I run tier 8 once and then tier 7 six times?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,754 ★★★★★
    @Nalak8 said:

Raichu626 said:

Edwxn said:

No you don't.

You're not allowed to buy a casket until you've done its corresponding quest. You can easily check in game, why do you keep insisting on something so obviously wrong? Just go to the shop and see for yourself
    Do you only need to do the corresponding quest once? If I want to open casket 8, can I run tier 8 once and then tier 7 six times?
    You can farm Uru at the lower gauntlet tier but to unlock the COAW 8 for purchase, you need to successfully make one pass of Gauntlet Tier 8.