**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How to use the 2017 rankup gems

2»

Comments

• DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Mcord117 said:

If you are willing to use a generic on a champ why would you not opt to use a class specific first? I really don’t get the thought process, although I could be missing something

Class specific can be used on any champ of that class, regardless of the champ release date.

The generic from variant are limited to 2015-2017 champs.

So depending on your choices, you might want to use the generic on an old champ first
  • MokkieMokkie Posts: 95
    The part that REALLY is disappointing about kabam is after a couple of email exchanges. Kabam tried to smoke me with this sort of message. They’re so inefficient with their customer service
    Mcord117 said:

If you are willing to use a generic on a champ why would you not opt to use a class specific first? I really don’t get the thought process, although I could be missing something

2017 is limited to up to 2017. The class is up to current champs.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Mokkie said:

The part that REALLY is disappointing about kabam is after a couple of email exchanges. Kabam tried to smoke me with this sort of message. They’re so inefficient with their customer service

lol that's funny. support is uh, strange sometimes

Mokkie said:

lol that's funny. support is uh, strange sometimes
    They are VERY misinformed !
  • ShaaneneganShaanenegan Posts: 112
    Mokkie said:

They did something similar to me, but we can post their reply here for some reason, I was warned once & my post was deleted. But I get your point.
  • ChagaljChagalj Posts: 30
    Just to bump this issue..you were unable to solve this from august? Generic gems for champs 2017 cannot be used for champs if you own class specific gem (which is usable for any year champ)
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    @Chagalj contact support that you want to use a different gem and can't choose. They're aware of this issue and should tell you to go ahead with the rank-up and then to contact them so they can adjust your inventory: they will remove the gem you wanted to use whilst returning the one you were forced to use.

I've done this myself and it worked well, hopefully that's standard and I wasn't just lucky with the agent I spoke with. They sorted everything out within hours of me contacting them too, it all went much smoother than expected.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    For all the "Quality of Life" changes that came in 2020, not addressing this ongoing Rank Up Gem problem is a huge pain in the rear. It's been an problem for about 2 years now, ever since the first variant came out. Having to contact outside support to use an in game item is just dumb. Never mind that "support" offers terrible support.
  • ChagaljChagalj Posts: 30
    DannyB01 said:

@Chagalj contact support that you want to use a different gem and can't choose. They're aware of this issue and should tell you to go ahead with the rank-up and then to contact them so they can adjust your inventory: they will remove the gem you wanted to use whilst returning the one you were forced to use.

I've done this myself and it worked well, hopefully that's standard and I wasn't just lucky with the agent I spoke with. They sorted everything out within hours of me contacting them too, it all went much smoother than expected.

Thanx!
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    You should be able to contact support and they’ll tell you to use the class gem and will fix your inventory so that you used the 2017 instead