**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

regarding crystal automatic opening at spring 2021

2»

Comments

• Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★

wait this means bg is gonna open the egg

never thought I’d see the day

Welp, the whole world is about to go boom
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★

No.. the egg is not listed..
    Yes it is listed
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian
    Gamer said:

No.. the egg is not listed..
    Yes it is listed
    I only see the cracked one. And the rotten one. I don't see the normal egg.
  • Options
    Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Jaded said:

No_oneuk said:

Jaded said:

I don’t understand hoarding champion crystals. Just open them smh

For when you need iso.
    Always using iso, that’s a poor excuse to hoard a crystal.

Jaded said:

Collection purposes.
    I personally have one "rare" crystal that I got from some giveaway, and never opened till now. Don't really need anything out of it
    I don’t see crystals as a collection. They are meant to be opened. Speaking just of champion crystals. Even if it’s a lame 2*, there is no reason to hoard it. I pop 5* crystals but I don’t need anything out of them. So should I just hoard unopened 5* basic/feature crystals? Lmao
    U are wrong, I got 2k iso items. (sold 200 pcs just yesterday because it was expiring) 400 phc and maybe 30 4star champions,
    All my 2s and 3s are maxed and 4s are minimum r2 with half of them being R3.. All 5s and 6s are lvled up

So open them for what? For more iso to sell to stack on the 28m gold I already have? The iso comes from everywhere in the game aside of phc or 3s or 4s crystals that I don't open. Only if I run out of iso of a certain class. And no I don't buy cavs,in the last 2 months I opened just one
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Since people Always Ask/Assume, Kabam Really should specify that Crystals like Catalyst/AQ Crystals or the Free 4 Hour Crystals for example aren't affected by this...

When they say Old Crystals they mean Purchased Special Crystals (Such as Champion Specific Featureds), Special Shard Crystals (such as the Old Featureds and from Special Events like last month's Shatter Heart Shard Crystals) or Event Crystals (such as Special Legendary Crystals that have a Certain Themed Set of Champions).
  • Options
    Plato92Plato92 Posts: 102
    Zan0 said:

E_Rich423 said:

So what EXACTLY does this mean? Are those the 4 hour and daily crystals? Or is it something else?

Like I said before it's the calendar champ crystal
    It is most likely the crystal that we get on day 25 of each calendar. The other crystals are are daily and 4 hour crystals and if those was a problem then they would a lot of them to open. I highly doubt that it is the daily or the 4 hours crystals though.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★

Jaded said:

No_oneuk said:

Jaded said:

For when you need iso.

Jaded said:

Collection purposes.
    I personally have one "rare" crystal that I got from some giveaway, and never opened till now. Don't really need anything out of it
    I don’t see crystals as a collection. They are meant to be opened. Speaking just of champion crystals. Even if it’s a lame 2*, there is no reason to hoard it. I pop 5* crystals but I don’t need anything out of them. So should I just hoard unopened 5* basic/feature crystals? Lmao
    U are wrong, I got 2k iso items. (sold 200 pcs just yesterday because it was expiring) 400 phc and maybe 30 4star champions,
    All my 2s and 3s are maxed and 4s are minimum r2 with half of them being R3.. All 5s and 6s are lvled up

So open them for what? For more iso to sell to stack on the 28m gold I already have? The iso comes from everywhere in the game aside of phc or 3s or 4s crystals that I don't open. Only if I run out of iso of a certain class. And no I don't buy cavs,in the last 2 months I opened just one
    how do you expire Premium crystal shards?
  • Options
    Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Jaded said:

No_oneuk said:

Jaded said:

For when you need iso.

Jaded said:

Collection purposes.

Pcs I typed. Not Phc.. Pcs I meant pieces. I should of typed the full word
  • Options

Daddrieda said:

Jaded said:

No_oneuk said:

Jaded said:

For when you need iso.

Jaded said:

Collection purposes.

Pcs I typed. Not Phc.. Pcs I meant pieces. I should of typed the full word
    yes please, because not everyone know every single shortcut words :)
  • Options
    this post has basically derailed. I was making this post too see if some moderator could explain more how these old crystal affect the server stability issue doing a huge impact and what we can do to help mitigate it in future.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

this post has basically derailed. I was making this post too see if some moderator could explain more how these old crystal affect the server stability issue doing a huge impact and what we can do to help mitigate it in future.

Each crystal has a table associated with it and that table is located on the server which takes up space and time to load it. Less tables less space and time. Players can’t do anything about that.
  • Options

Daddrieda said:

Each crystal has a table associated with it and that table is located on the server which takes up space and time to load it. Less tables less space and time. Players can’t do anything about that.
    You mentioned time. It made me confused as I’m not sure what time you meant?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,689 Guardian
    Jaded said:

No_oneuk said:

Jaded said:

For when you need iso.
    Actually, there's two reasons why I might hold onto a champion crystal. ISO is one, and saving points for events is another. I always open high value champion crystals of course, but PHCs and 4* and lower I only open when I need something from them, otherwise I save them for a rainy day. And while that rainy day almost never comes, you just never know.

At the moment I have 1606 PHCs. Opening them for ISO would be completely worthless, as I currently have 2066 ISO in overflow. Opening them for gold would be even more silly, as I have a ludicrous amount of gold at the moment. Opening them to score points in events would be worth it, but I generally do that opening shard-formed crystals.

Things change: no matter how efficient I am at managing resources, you never know what will happen in the future and saving resources I cannot make use of today for the future is for me completely logical.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,689 Guardian
    Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

You mentioned time. It made me confused as I’m not sure what time you meant?
    I don't think loading time specifically is the issue, but in general the larger a database is, the longer it takes to look up and reference any data in it. This might be a tiny fraction of a second for the crystal databases, but multiplied by the thousands or millions of lookups that occur constantly whenever crystals are awarded or opened and it adds up.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

Jaded said:

For when you need iso.
    Don't worry. If you're not opening Crystals, you won't need ISO.
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

While they're at it, it'd be good if they figured out a way to de-itemize stuff like ISO and Catalysts. There'd be problems with overflow management, but it's probably worth a look-at.

I've never thought about it but making a Filing System for Iso-8 would be Much More Orderly and Time Saving...

For example, you go to Level Up a Champion and you see:

Iso-8 Class: Basic >
    Iso-8 Class: Mutant >
    Iso-8 Class: Skill >
    Iso-8 Class: Science >
    Iso-8 Class: Mystic >
    Iso-8 Class: Cosmic >
    Iso-8 Class: Tech >

Whatever Class the Champion is that you're attempting to Rank Up would Glow as an Indication that you gain more Value out of using that type, you then click whatever Class you want:

Iso-8 Mystic v

Tier 1 14/100
    Tier 2 100/100
    Tier 3 13/100
    Tier 4 67/100
    Tier 5 36/100
    Tier 6 58/100

First Number= Whatever Amount of that Iso-8 Type you have on hand.
    Second Number= The Inventory of Iso-8 you could Hold at One Time before it goes into Overflow.

Once you select the Tier a Scale similar to the one used for the Signature Stone Interface will appear and let you quickly scroll up to the amount of Iso-8 Required, it'll warn you when you have reached the Iso-8 Required for the Final Level at which point you can just hit Accept or go back One or Whatever Amount of Iso-8 Chunks and use a Lesser Tier to Finish the Final Level Up.

You could also Automate the Overflow System where Everytime you use an Iso Chunk that was Maxed and had some in Overflow, it would automatically fill that Free Space with the Soonest Expiring Iso-8 Chunk, then if you had any Expiring in 7 Days an Exclamation Mark would appear next to the Tab of it's corresponding Class then Tier which when clicked displays that Info and Timer.

I guess it could be slightly more Complicated for Newer Players but it wouldn't be hard to Learn and would make the Management of Iso-8 Much Smoother, could still have the Auto Select Button for Quicker Level Ups.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

DNA3000 said:

Jaded said:

No_oneuk said:

Jaded said:

For when you need iso.
    Actually, there's two reasons why I might hold onto a champion crystal. ISO is one, and saving points for events is another. I always open high value champion crystals of course, but PHCs and 4* and lower I only open when I need something from them, otherwise I save them for a rainy day. And while that rainy day almost never comes, you just never know.

At the moment I have 1606 PHCs. Opening them for ISO would be completely worthless, as I currently have 2066 ISO in overflow. Opening them for gold would be even more silly, as I have a ludicrous amount of gold at the moment. Opening them to score points in events would be worth it, but I generally do that opening shard-formed crystals.

Things change: no matter how efficient I am at managing resources, you never know what will happen in the future and saving resources I cannot make use of today for the future is for me completely logical.

Let me help everyone that is hoarding champion crystals... open them. Don’t worry about the rest of the problems just open them. Open 10 a day till they are all gone. It doesn’t matter. You are already selling iso, so that is not a good excuse.
    I much rather keep and collect the crystals than opening and get nothing of value out of it. This is the same for almost all hoarders around here.
    If you prefer to open all of your crystals, then that's your decision. If you feel you're getting something out of it then do it. I personally not feel satisfied to open a "rare" or an expired 2-star crystal that will award me 55x 3-star shards, so I just keep it for collection
    That again is a you problem. I hope kabam does more auto opens on hoarders that put themselves too deep to dig themselves out of the problem. So now people have to be satisfied from their pulls to open a crystal. Jeez y’all are on some kind of mind altering drugs. The backwards thinking here is nuts.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    I never said I got in to any problem with hoarding crystals. It's quite the opposite actually.
    The only thing this change will affect is the collection itself. Is not like now I will just have resources expiring that I can't handle or something.
  • Options
    @danielbatto470 ,
    This is the thread you probably meant to comment in (**2021**).

Not the really old 2019 one from the last time they did it back in April/May of 2019 that you pulled up.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I understand if Kabam force open those specific / old champ crystals.

For PHC, gold, 4-hr crystals etc., sometimes players stop opening it is mainly because of item overflow rather than hoarding. Unless Kabam enlarge the storage (esp iso), otherwise the best way to avoid wastage is stop opening those crystals.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

DNA3000 said:

Jaded said:

No_oneuk said:

Jaded said:

For when you need iso.

No, you put yourself into a bad situation with that many hoarded crystals. Because now opening 2,000 phc crystals would be too excessive. You need to figure out how to get out of it.

My roster is just as big and just as developed as most. I pop every champion crystal, I sell iso daily, I have 30+ r5 max sig 5*, 80 6* plus tons of r3/2 of those. 3* and 4* haven’t been ranked up in years unless there have been nothing left to rank up on level up solo goal days.

People put themselves deep into a situation, that doesn’t justify not opening the crystals.

Let me help everyone that is hoarding champion crystals... open them. Don’t worry about the rest of the problems just open them. Open 10 a day till they are all gone. It doesn’t matter. You are already selling iso, so that is not a good excuse.
    Your point is valid on some crystals like 5 star ones, or featured crystals we get for events such as shattered heart crystals. For others like 4hr free ones, daily crystals or phc, I don't think kabam should touch them. Other than that, resource crystals are the only ones that makes sense to hoard like T4cc crystals.

I see BG hoarding even crystal shard crystals which makes no sense. If you have a special one like the egg he is holding on to, I can somewhat understand that, even though it makes no sense to me.
  • Options
    Reference said:

For PHC, gold, 4-hr crystals etc., sometimes players stop opening it is mainly because of item overflow rather than hoarding.

Pulyaman said:

For others like 4hr free ones, daily crystals or phc, I don't think kabam should touch them.

They are NOT gonna touch your Gold, PC/PHC, 4-hour Free, Daily, Quest, Arena, or Solo crystals.

(besides for what they already did a while back to Solo shards when they assigned them to dedicated Solo crystals)

It's not a problem with game storage/resource memory that people have 500 of a single type of common crystal, it's rather that there are 500 other different unique crystals taking up resources that maybe there is someone here and there that still have 1 each of some.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Reference said:

For PHC, gold, 4-hr crystals etc., sometimes players stop opening it is mainly because of item overflow rather than hoarding.

Pulyaman said:

For others like 4hr free ones, daily crystals or phc, I don't think kabam should touch them.

They are NOT gonna touch your Gold, PC/PHC, 4-hour Free, Daily, Quest, Arena, or Solo crystals.

(besides for what they already did a while back to Solo shards when they assigned them to dedicated Solo crystals)

It's not a problem with game storage/resource memory that people have 500 of a single type of common crystal, it's rather that there are 500 other different unique crystals taking up resources that maybe there is someone here and there that still have 1 each of some.
    Ya, I agree that Kabam will not touch them. For one thing, the outrage would be too much. Niche crystals such as the featured from 2 years ago should go because it is a waste of resource to keep track of them. The 4hr, daily and arena crystals are also common for people starting the game to end game players, so they won't auto open them without giving alternatives I think.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I just hope Kabam has better RNG when they pop my crystals.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Jaded said:

DNA3000 said:

Jaded said:

No_oneuk said:

Jaded said:

For when you need iso.

No, you put yourself into a bad situation with that many hoarded crystals. Because now opening 2,000 phc crystals would be too excessive. You need to figure out how to get out of it.

My roster is just as big and just as developed as most. I pop every champion crystal, I sell iso daily, I have 30+ r5 max sig 5*, 80 6* plus tons of r3/2 of those. 3* and 4* haven’t been ranked up in years unless there have been nothing left to rank up on level up solo goal days.

People put themselves deep into a situation, that doesn’t justify not opening the crystals.

Your point is valid on some crystals like 5 star ones, or featured crystals we get for events such as shattered heart crystals. For others like 4hr free ones, daily crystals or phc, I don't think kabam should touch them. Other than that, resource crystals are the only ones that makes sense to hoard like T4cc crystals.

I see BG hoarding even crystal shard crystals which makes no sense. If you have a special one like the egg he is holding on to, I can somewhat understand that, even though it makes no sense to me.
    That’s all I’m talking about, everything you mentioned to save I save as well. I have hundreds of 4hr crystals. I don’t see kabam opening those. Even T4cc I only open when I need a class. I was just speaking of champion crystals or champion shard crystals.
  • Options
    GalliantWarrior_0TBLGalliantWarrior_0TBL Posts: 11
    edited March 2021
    Hoarding makes sense to me, especially resources based ones. Or battle chips. Hoarding champion crystals make sense to an extent too, especially if people stream. Or if you’re saving for featured crystals. I personally like to hoard and open in batches of 10. But I still open them. And I hoard and open phc’s in batches of 100. You won’t ever run out of those for supplies of Gold and ISO. So even if they go into your stash... you’ll get more starting from the next day.
    But I agree. Hoarding Shards make no sense to me. There is literally no benefit to it. They just collect in your shard amount, and you can choose how many to open and not open whenever.
    Hoarding a champion crystal from a year or two ago makes no sense either.

And to echo the biggest point... if it’s better for the game, why are you complaining? Just open them and move on.