**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Stuck in Grandmaster fight and I have two questions. Help a bortha out :)

WeaponXWeaponX Posts: 135
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
Hi everyone,

So I finally reached the Grand Master and I am stuck in the 3rd phase (got him down to 15% health). Since I ran out of units and potions (seems I underestimated what an absolute horror show this fight will be) I now need to farm more units to buy revives and finish the fight. So I have two questions:

1) Will I get kicked out of the map at some point? I am not in the fight, but my team is stuck there, all dead and I am afraid that the new update or god knows what fun and interactive bug what might boot me from the map.

2) Can I auto-complete daily quests while in the GM map? There doesn't seem to be any mention of getting kicked out of the current quest as it does if I try to start a quest manually but I really don't wanna risk it. I ask this mainly cuz it will take some time to gather the necessary units to chip him away and it would be nice to use the energy to autocomplete stuff instead of wasting it in the meantime.

As a last thought, the GM fight is absolutely horrible, I know many people think it's so great and well designed but honestly, this last phase is just sadistic... There is no way I will every put myself through exploration of act 6. Games are supposed to be fun, right? :disappointed:

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Comments

• Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 531 ★★★
    1. You can be in a quest for as long as you need unless you pull yourself out.

2. I don’t think you can do that while your champs are in a quest. You can always try it if you want and the game will ask you if you want to leave the other quest before you enter that one.

3. The fight is a good fight because it is more about the skill involved than just having the right champ. Although, having a champs immune to reverse controls saves me greatly.
  • Options
    Matty_Ice said:

1. You can be in a quest for as long as you need unless you pull yourself out.

2. I don’t think you can do that while your champs are in a quest. You can always try it if you want and the game will ask you if you want to leave the other quest before you enter that one.

3. The fight is a good fight because it is more about the skill involved than just having the right champ. Although, having a champs immune to reverse controls saves me greatly.

Thanks Matty! In retrospect, there's a lot I could have done better to prepare. Taking in mind control champs being one of them and not taking the Cosmic path because it reduces his wounded phases by 30% (not sure how I missed that little nugget of info). I just can't get through the 5 challenges, dex the sp1s reliably while his power keeps shooting up AND fighting with inverted controls when I can finally hurt the ****. I watched all the videos of others doing it and I guess I'm just not that skilled as it turns out :expressionless:
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    You can autocomplete daily quests while your team is stuck in another part of the game (story content, monthly eq).
    Just make sure you hit the auto-complete button.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

You should be able to be in the quest as long as you want but quests do kick people out occasionally due to maintenance and updates.

That's what I'm afraid of - hopefully it won't happen with the new update coming in :/
  • Options

You can autocomplete daily quests while your team is stuck in another part of the game (story content, monthly eq).
    Just make sure you hit the auto-complete button.

Cheers mate! It seemed that way to me as well, but didn't wanna risk it and lose the progress :)
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I felt the same way during the third phase of my grandmaster fight. You’ll get through it eventually. You should be able to stay in the quest as long as you want and grind units in the meantime. Good luck.
  • Options
    Will3808 said:

I felt the same way during the third phase of my grandmaster fight. You’ll get through it eventually. You should be able to stay in the quest as long as you want and grind units in the meantime. Good luck.

Thanks Will! Can't wait to get it over with...
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Grandmaster at the first time kicks most of the people's ass. So you are not alone. It's a tough fight.
  • Options

Grandmaster at the first time kicks most of the people's ass. So you are not alone. It's a tough fight.

The first phase is ok once you get used to it, the second phase is a slog but you can get through it with a bunch of revives, this third phase though, it's just pay to win...
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    WeaponX said:

The first phase is ok once you get used to it, the second phase is a slog but you can get through it with a bunch of revives, this third phase though, it's just pay to win...
    I don't agree that it's pay to win. It's more, get good at reversed controls to win. Having said that, reversed controls is one of my weaknesses in this game. 🙂 I've never really put in the time to practice it. Put in tons of time practicing other things like Quake and Ghost, etc. so not really sure why I didn't. Anytime I could work around it with counter champs I would. For the GM I used unit man to get through the reversed controls phase my first time. But when I went back to explore, I brought Emma (with Mysterio for third phase). For the OP who says "I will never explore", the good news is that with all quests in this game...he gets easier each time you face him, because you learn and get better each time. It's what this game is about. Though, being prepared (resource-wise) before entering is never a bad idea either.
  • Options
    yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
    i havenot done it yet, but i heard there are two things you can do. First is to save your sp3 until the inverted control comes, and then use sp3. Second is to only block and dash back,since the first wounded state comes shortly after inverted control, you should be able to do some damage during that. And then revive and repeat. I'm also bringing in mr.sisnister so I dont have to deal with inverted control for at least one champ.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    The thing I hate most about that fight is the crappy AI.
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 531 ★★★
    Congrats Weapon X! Whenever you do come back 7.1 is pretty fun stuff. Some paths are challenging, but a lot are really fun.
  • Options
    Matty_Ice said:

Congrats Weapon X! Whenever you do come back 7.1 is pretty fun stuff. Some paths are challenging, but a lot are really fun.

Thanks Matty! I think after a small break I will just farm quests and arena for a while to build up my unit stash again and then go for exploration on variants. Gonna try to form a t5cc so I can become throne-breaker :) But of course, 7.1 is next on the list.