**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Autoplay doesnt skip the story discussions [Not Bug]

zSupremezzSupremez Posts: 31
edited April 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Im using autoplay on easier quests and it doesnt skip the story discussions, i have to do it manually.

Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Yes. It's not a bug.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    In settings there is an option to skip dialogue though.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★

In settings there is an option to skip dialogue though.

I turned on the option to skip dialogue and i still saw it when I reached the boss at the end of chapter in Story quest.
  • Options
    zSupremezzSupremez Posts: 31
    Thank you guys
  • Options
    ** How about on DIFFERENT DIFFICULTIES ??

I already ran Quests 1.1 and 1.2 on Master (and read the Stories 1st time each), and Dialog/Story was then correctly skipped on additional runs in Master later (both 1.1, 1.2 again).

But then, went to HEROIC 1.1 (setting option still turned ON), and it stopped at the Dialogs again.
    Same with NORMAL 1.1, it stopped at the Dialogs again.

Seems like only skips subsequent Dialogs if already got them within that SAME difficulty once before.
    When I then Re-ran Heroic 1.1 and Normal 1.1 again, it was correctly skipping past Dialog.

But only because I had to be interrupted for Dialog in each of the separate Difficulties their first time thru.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    What s the point of an AUTO play if you still have to skip the dialogues manually?
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

What s the point of an AUTO play if you still have to skip the dialogues manually?

To skip dialogues without having to do it manually.
    You just have to unlock the option first prior to using it
  • Options

Searmenis said:

To skip dialogues without having to do it manually.
    You just have to unlock the option first prior to using it
    Even with option turned on, Boo confirms you have to manually do the Dialog the FIRST time (in each Difficulty, so potentially 2/3/4 times in all depending how many difficulties you do).
    And then subsequent runs in a difficulty to go from “Completion” to “100% Explore” will be able to Auto-Skip the repeated Dialogs in same Difficulty.
  • Options
    SnicklefritzSnicklefritz Posts: 93
    Ya it was a great idea to benefit players, but they fell short. Leaving it on for the initial clear is still annoying. Maybe some people read those dialogues, but I dont.
  • Options
    ShneidsShneids Posts: 8
    Kabam Boo said:

We're sorry about the confusion. So, here it is. You have to have completed the Quest (each Difficulty) before the Skip Dialogue function will work on it. It does not automatically skip over any new dialogue or dialogue in a Quest that you haven't completed before. Hope this helps!

Is this in the release notes? its quite annoying when trying to do lower level EQ content.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

We're sorry about the confusion. So, here it is. You have to have completed the Quest (each Difficulty) before the Skip Dialogue function will work on it. It does not automatically skip over any new dialogue or dialogue in a Quest that you haven't completed before. Hope this helps!

This function is great for exploration of a difficulty, but should be expanded on to continue to skip dialogue for all difficulties associated with the quest. Or at least give us the option to choose.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    Why bother climbing and then stop halfway?
  • Options
    GrobubulGrobubul Posts: 36
    I completed all difficulties at least once, but dialogues are not skipped when using autoplay...