**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why this SQ is one of the worst SQ IMO

13»

Comments

• Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    I just wish the artwork looked like a pool party, and mutant island had looked like, well, an island! So much thought goes into the concept and the explanation of the quests, but so little effort goes into the design of them.
  • Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 457 ★★★
    OGAvenger said:

I believe it’s a set of 10 rewards and 7 of the 10 show up randomly in the quest each time, right?

They should’ve just made it 7 set rewards that are the same every time you run it and put the rest in the objectives.

I could not agree more, but for legendary, I would say that if they went this route, they should have decreased the 6 star shard count to 200 for the difficulty of the quest. Still it would have been a guaranteed 4000 6* shrads for trying. Also, the objective rewards are kinda useless if you don't get good champs to even use them on. my best 6 star is mysterio, so In my case, I would be in need of more 6 stars at the moment than T5BC and CC. They are good for later, but right now, the rewards are not so spread out here. Just my opinion. btw the sig stones kinda suck
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

The sad truth is this is 3 pages deep, with everyone pretty much in agreement this event is horrible and not one comment from Kabam. They don't care LOL. We can make logical points and give example after example it wont change anything. I would not be surprised if SQ's become RNG based from here on out. If you cannot earn what you need you are more tempted to buy it in an offer. Right or wrong RNG is primary revenue generator for the game its not going away.

What will Kabam do now? The side-quest is already out. All they can say is that they have noted our feedback. Or you can be patient and wait for them to discuss this and then give some official word. It's only day 3 of this side-quest.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    The point is most TB accounts don’t want 5* shards and 5* stones... and gold!!! Give it a break.

I prefer to be able to choose my rewards, I would rather 6* shards over t5cc so why not put in paths, either choose shards or cats. This way RNG is gone and people get what they want
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    Best event so far this year IMO. It’s really fun.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

6* shards is needed more nowadays as 5* are dead long ago.

For you, but maybe not the tens of thousands of players who are still beginning their journey, fostering their skills, growing their roster, etc. We have to remind ourselves that us end-game players aren't the only players playing the game (or spending lots of money). I'd also argue they've created way more content for end-game players the last year than they have for anyone else...
    What I’m saying is if they don’t release contents for everyone frequently then a handful of players will get bored.
    I’m 6 years in game and never got this much bored.
    For beginners they can create same content with lesser rewards and lesser difficulty like variants works.
    Further I’m totally a F2P and anyone who’s playing this game for long enough can grind units in a month or two to beat most of the content.
    Even YouTubers are bored so much that they making time and again the videos of Abyss by using different champs 😂
    Further i also want to ask out why side quests grant those t5cc in the end of the month.?? The answer maybe is the developer designing content in such a way that force people to waste their daily time in order to do side quests to get daily tiny rewards and get eligible for those tiny t5cc fragments at the end.
    In my opinion they should launch a 1vs1 war or something new like that which a player on individual level find interesting.

And I don’t know what stopping them launching arenas granting t2a and t5b fragments as both these resources are now 4 years old.

A new content is just a no content if it doesn’t upgrade my roster in any ways.
    What you want is a single player game where the experience can be tuned just for you. That's otherwise impractical.

The players in a similar situation to what you're describing, that have exhausted the content and have rosters so strong only meta-breaking new champs or (current) max tier rank ups can improve, are a tiny fraction of all players, way less than 1%. Even Thronebreakers, a much larger subset of players,is probably less than 1% of all players. End game content targets 1% or less of the playerbase and yet gets a lot more than 1% of the developer time and resources.

And it probably should, for various reasons. But asking for more, just because you're bored, is simply asking for more than you can ever get. The players in the game that have reached the very top are the very fastest progressing players. They are going to outpace anything the devs can do, as evidenced by the fact they outpaced everything the devs have done orders of magnitude faster than the average player. The devs are always looking for ways to alleviate that, but the idea that the devs should just focus on the end gamers and "scale down" the content for everyone else belies a fundamental lack of understanding of how content is created in this game. If that's how it worked they wouldn't have needed to remove the lowest EQ difficulty when they added Cavalier. They removed it specifically for, among other reasons, lack of time to support it.

Every minute they spend on the top one percent of the top one percent is time the other 99% doesn't get. So if you want them to spend more time making content for the top of the top, you don't get to handwave it away as just a question of "scaling down for the beginners." You should state which players deserve less content than they are getting now, so you aren't bored anymore. Because that's what the devs would have to do, to satisfy your request: they would have to decide which giant chunk of players was less important than you and a handful of players like you.
    Outpacing is different and making a content for endgame players is a different thing.

Kabam every month got an opportunity with the side events to push for some extra difficulty and giving some extra rewards that can suit the higher rosters. Today no one will go after a 3*/4* shards playing for more than 5-6 years. At least kabam can offer slightly higher amount of 6* shards and t5cc fragments in side quests while raising the difficulty a little bit. For example 300 guaranteed 6* shards per day in side quests or a 1% t5cc isn’t going to break the game when people already got 25-30 Rank3 in their rosters.

Earlier the events like BAUSTISTA Challenge, Chloe Challenge etc were more frequently made but nowadays hardly any of them made (Mulaney challenge was latest after a long time)

Game is always about progression if it is not then they shouldn’t make special deals on 4th july or cyber Monday or selling items on daily basis.
    And for those 99% you are talking about plenty of content is there like Act 1 to 5, Variants etc. Once you reach a place (even playing at a slower pace) where the content offer items that take you nowhere then you tend to skip the content.
    T1a around 20 overflowing in my inventory just because I don’t want to waste my t2a/gold on 5* as I got enough amount of 5* already ranked up and now I want my 6* to grow.
    Further RNG is good till it applies on opening of crystals but RNG on offering of rewards is a bad design of content. Two people doing same efforts must be treated equally (a 5* signatures stone crystal is in no way equal to 6* shards or t5b fragments).

I do quite often agree with DNA3000, and you bring up a few interesting points, but you using people with 25-30 rank 3 6* champs as an example of your point definitely skews reality. Of course Kabam hasn't put out numbers on this, but I would guess that the average TB player, which is one of the highest achievements in the game, probably only has 2-3 rank 3 champs. It may not impact those with 25 Rank 3 champs, if that is even possible this far in the game (my honest guess for the person with the most rank 3 6* champs is probably about 15, if that) but giving out guaranteed 30% T5CC and the possibility of more would definitely be an unreasonable jump for the majority of players compared to how stingy Kabam has been with T5CC up to this point. T5CC is currently the hardest rankup material to achieve in the game, so if they start making that readily available, they will have to come out with rank 4 6* resources before you know it. 300 guaranteed 6* shards would be nice, sure, but odds are that you will have a couple days without, then a day with at least that, or even several drops of 300 shards.
    Below is my top champs in 6*

You can see 8 Rank3 champs and i can do 2 more to rank3 as i got resources for those in inventory.
    I’m fully f2p since beginning (just spent once for that lower unit deal in store 5 years ago)
    So if a player like me who rarely do high tier wars and playing only map6/5 in AQ can do these much rankups then just imagine how much people who are pushing much harder and doing High AQ/AW can rankup.
    Some people are getting 30% t5cc per week and they also buying those deals of t5cc.
    I’m not saying throw resources but give reasonable amount of 6* shards and little but of t5cc so that it keep us interested enough to login and play.
    Side quests rewards are stuck at a level which was valuable 2 years ago.
    This is a very different topic, but I wish there was a notification option so you could see when someone quotes you in a thread instead of just having to @ someone. Honestly, I forget what I posted sometimes and definitely don't always go back to a page to see what others say.

On the OG topic, I appreciate the evidence. As someone who rarely does AQ, it's hard to know what players are receiving from that. I still think it would be out of character for Kabam to give more than 20-30% T5CC from any side quest in the next couple months, but honestly I wouldn't be mad if they did. Guess I'm just still happy with what I get, but I understand wanting more.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

To be honest, my only qualm is with the daily entry. Seems to be a recurring thing.

They always on about quality of life improvements in game. Have yet to see one. The log in daily or sit there 28 times at end of month isn’t an improvement
  • Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 457 ★★★
    They are probably not going to do anything regarding this issue this month. It takes too much time, so they might make it up next month by amping up the rewards for next month's side event quest, but from what I think, they might as well just leave this one here as it is and potentially spice up what they have planned for next month. But, hopefully, I am wrong and they just make it that the rewards are all there for you each day and choose if you want it or not, so technically, the same thing without RNG. Hopefully . . .
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Stu198311 said:

Worst side event in history

Well no thats not true. Its among the top 5 but def not 1st. That goes to rifts imo and anything that is like rifts
  • gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★
    Its like kabam wants to make mcoc so boring like mroc so we are going to like mroc 😂..
    seriously now i believe the downfall of mroc has create problems at mcoc because the content creators focus more there (mroc).
    But if kabam continues like this she will lost two games. After 3 months they give us a variant with 4->5 5* gem... who really cares? DNA3000 Is tottaly wrong, thronebrakers are small amount but it is was everyone enjoys at youtube.. high tier wars, high tier content, searching for counter etc etc. even youtube for mcoc is boring now.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

For you, but maybe not the tens of thousands of players who are still beginning their journey, fostering their skills, growing their roster, etc. We have to remind ourselves that us end-game players aren't the only players playing the game (or spending lots of money). I'd also argue they've created way more content for end-game players the last year than they have for anyone else...
    What I’m saying is if they don’t release contents for everyone frequently then a handful of players will get bored.
    For beginners they can create same content with lesser rewards and lesser difficulty like variants works.
    Further I’m totally a F2P and anyone who’s playing this game for long enough can grind units in a month or two to beat most of the content.
    Even YouTubers are bored so much that they making time and again the videos of Abyss by using different champs 😂
    Further i also want to ask out why side quests grant those t5cc in the end of the month.?? The answer maybe is the developer designing content in such a way that force people to waste their daily time in order to do side quests to get daily tiny rewards and get eligible for those tiny t5cc fragments at the end.
    In my opinion they should launch a 1vs1 war or something new like that which a player on individual level find interesting.

And I don’t know what stopping them launching arenas granting t2a and t5b fragments as both these resources are now 4 years old.

What you want is a single player game where the experience can be tuned just for you. That's otherwise impractical.

The players in a similar situation to what you're describing, that have exhausted the content and have rosters so strong only meta-breaking new champs or (current) max tier rank ups can improve, are a tiny fraction of all players, way less than 1%. Even Thronebreakers, a much larger subset of players,is probably less than 1% of all players. End game content targets 1% or less of the playerbase and yet gets a lot more than 1% of the developer time and resources.

And it probably should, for various reasons. But asking for more, just because you're bored, is simply asking for more than you can ever get. The players in the game that have reached the very top are the very fastest progressing players. They are going to outpace anything the devs can do, as evidenced by the fact they outpaced everything the devs have done orders of magnitude faster than the average player. The devs are always looking for ways to alleviate that, but the idea that the devs should just focus on the end gamers and "scale down" the content for everyone else belies a fundamental lack of understanding of how content is created in this game. If that's how it worked they wouldn't have needed to remove the lowest EQ difficulty when they added Cavalier. They removed it specifically for, among other reasons, lack of time to support it.

Every minute they spend on the top one percent of the top one percent is time the other 99% doesn't get. So if you want them to spend more time making content for the top of the top, you don't get to handwave it away as just a question of "scaling down for the beginners." You should state which players deserve less content than they are getting now, so you aren't bored anymore. Because that's what the devs would have to do, to satisfy your request: they would have to decide which giant chunk of players was less important than you and a handful of players like you.
    Outpacing is different and making a content for endgame players is a different thing.

Kabam every month got an opportunity with the side events to push for some extra difficulty and giving some extra rewards that can suit the higher rosters. Today no one will go after a 3*/4* shards playing for more than 5-6 years. At least kabam can offer slightly higher amount of 6* shards and t5cc fragments in side quests while raising the difficulty a little bit. For example 300 guaranteed 6* shards per day in side quests or a 1% t5cc isn’t going to break the game when people already got 25-30 Rank3 in their rosters.

Earlier the events like BAUSTISTA Challenge, Chloe Challenge etc were more frequently made but nowadays hardly any of them made (Mulaney challenge was latest after a long time)

Game is always about progression if it is not then they shouldn’t make special deals on 4th july or cyber Monday or selling items on daily basis.
    And for those 99% you are talking about plenty of content is there like Act 1 to 5, Variants etc. Once you reach a place (even playing at a slower pace) where the content offer items that take you nowhere then you tend to skip the content.
    T1a around 20 overflowing in my inventory just because I don’t want to waste my t2a/gold on 5* as I got enough amount of 5* already ranked up and now I want my 6* to grow.
    Further RNG is good till it applies on opening of crystals but RNG on offering of rewards is a bad design of content. Two people doing same efforts must be treated equally (a 5* signatures stone crystal is in no way equal to 6* shards or t5b fragments).

I do quite often agree with DNA3000, and you bring up a few interesting points, but you using people with 25-30 rank 3 6* champs as an example of your point definitely skews reality. Of course Kabam hasn't put out numbers on this, but I would guess that the average TB player, which is one of the highest achievements in the game, probably only has 2-3 rank 3 champs. It may not impact those with 25 Rank 3 champs, if that is even possible this far in the game (my honest guess for the person with the most rank 3 6* champs is probably about 15, if that) but giving out guaranteed 30% T5CC and the possibility of more would definitely be an unreasonable jump for the majority of players compared to how stingy Kabam has been with T5CC up to this point. T5CC is currently the hardest rankup material to achieve in the game, so if they start making that readily available, they will have to come out with rank 4 6* resources before you know it. 300 guaranteed 6* shards would be nice, sure, but odds are that you will have a couple days without, then a day with at least that, or even several drops of 300 shards.
    There are people with way more than 15 R3s. I have 20 and I know people with quite a few more than myself
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    The stuff itself ain't repeating stuff
    Like u get different objective for key is fun, the defenders randomly rotate so u don't fight same champs
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

There are people with way more than 15 R3s. I have 20 and I know people with quite a few more than myself
    The highest I've seen is 33. And even I was disgusted by that. I don't even have 33 r5 5 stars. Lol.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Yup so far I’ve only gotten 1 6* drop and like 100 random sig stone things. Jee thanks kabam.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    SO far i've gotten 2100 6* shards and 1500 5* shards for 6 runs...i like that :)