**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why this SQ is one of the worst SQ IMO

Comments

• SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Do y’all remember the rift SQs? Those were RNG on a much larger scale because you only had a very limited number of attempts for high tier rewards. I’d argue that this SQ is learning lessons from that one. With 7 rolls per run across 30 runs, the RNG is likely to balance out pretty well. Will there be outliers? Absolutely. I got 900 6* shards from my first run, but I expect to get shafted at some point down the line too. But this format is far less likely to burn you than the rifts were. I like it.

totally agree with that and I only said this is 1 of the worst SQs and I consider rifts to be worse. And holy that rng is so good. Most people in my ally haven't gotten any shards at all so far.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    A better design would've been pushing the RNG post-quest. Like, each path gave you a crystal which gave the same loot distribution. For the server's sake, said crystals would autopop at the event's end.

Imagine a 6* crystal as a reward -- that was already cracked and, yay, Karnak. Reward structures like this don't really make the positive feel more positive, but boy does the negative feel more negative.

Especially when the player's ability to skip out on bad rolls is hamstringed by completion objectives.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I got so far 300 6* shards and some other things. However, with the nodes difficulty, I feel like pretty much any reward I have seen so far can't be worth the effort. I mean seriously 2k t2a for a pain in the backside defender isn't bad, but it gets good only in the long term
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★

doctorb said:

I'll probably get a lot of disagrees but Im ok with RNG. RNG is nothing new, its been a part of crystals since forever. Sometimes u win, sometimes you lose. People shouldn't lose sight of the big picture, the great prizes at the bottom of the solo objectives that r not RNG: the 5* awakening crystal and all those T5CC.

Well yeah so am I, thats the whole point of crystals. But imagine if you work so hard in some kind of content just to get shafted because the rewards (not talking about crystal pulls) are rng. Imagine if Act 6 rewards are rng based lol. Like instead of a guarantee 25% t5cc selector you can either get 10% or 40%. Not saying this will ever occur or this situation will ever happen but its similar in a way.
    Not the same. When u enter SQ, u get to c ur rewards and u choose whether to fight for them or go straight to the final boss. What ur comparing it to is fighting the enemies in the SQ and then RNG what ur rewards r. U get to see ur rewards. If u don't want to fight for them then don't and just go to final boss and b done.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★
    doctorb said:

doctorb said:

I'll probably get a lot of disagrees but Im ok with RNG. RNG is nothing new, its been a part of crystals since forever. Sometimes u win, sometimes you lose. People shouldn't lose sight of the big picture, the great prizes at the bottom of the solo objectives that r not RNG: the 5* awakening crystal and all those T5CC.

Well yeah so am I, thats the whole point of crystals. But imagine if you work so hard in some kind of content just to get shafted because the rewards (not talking about crystal pulls) are rng. Imagine if Act 6 rewards are rng based lol. Like instead of a guarantee 25% t5cc selector you can either get 10% or 40%. Not saying this will ever occur or this situation will ever happen but its similar in a way.
    Not the same. When u enter SQ, u get to c ur rewards and u choose whether to fight for them or go straight to the final boss. What ur comparing it to is fighting the enemies in the SQ and then RNG what ur rewards r. U get to see ur rewards. If u don't want to fight for them then don't and just go to final boss and b done.
    As Trashy panda said, the more you skip, the more you miss out on the objectives. And you miss interpreted my statement. I never compared it to getting trash pulls, I just said "the rewards (not talking about crystal pulls)" because I know that type of rng cant be compared to this kind of rng
  • JustinU21JustinU21 Posts: 75 ★★
    Everyone understands RNG is a huge part of this game (and any game like MCOC). No one is disputing that. I think where you run into trouble is when you have RNG stacked upon RNG, and that's where many players get frustrated.

It gives you a small % chance to pick up crystal shards for a crystal that gives you a small % chance at a "good" champ. From seeing feedback on quests like this in the past, players prefer a quest where they have more choices with SQ rewards.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    This SQ is not the worst - Rifts are the worst. That is 100% RNG, while this is like 50% RNG based.

Someone could do 100% on a Rift and still not end up with the top end rewards (5-star awakening gem or something).

Someone does 100% on this SQ, and is guaranteed (via the objectives) some top end rewards.

Sure, it sucks that the path rewards are RNG based, but compared to the Rifts, everyone is guaranteed a same base level of rewards.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Mpd1 said:

Y the F would I want to complete today’s side quest. Rewards are... 3 sets of 2100 alpha 1 frags, 3+1 5* stones and 50k. This is legendary? Wtf

Primarily, for the milestone rewards for legendary to get 20% t5cc in the end. You're gonna need to do some fighting to get those. And the 5* AG isn't too bad, even though it's a random, there are still some uses for them or will be for new champs who will need a dupe. The path rewards are meh, but gotta fight enough to get the milestone rewards this month.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,609 ★★★★★
    I heard you can hoard the keys and run it all at once without defeating the boss you get the same rewards Everytime you enter since it states the quest reset daily or when u beat the boss. If that's the case someone can easily Target the map where 6*shards spawn and just repeat the process although u will have to sacrifice 20%t5cc.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    This SQ sucks both in rewards and RNG.

Game is pretty much trash since December
    For a player who completed 100% every content it’s just a plain login—>AQ—>logout kind of thing everyday after Monthly quest got completed

Kabam wasting so much time in overhauling different champs rather making new good content.
    One good overhaul per month is okay but wasting time on 3 champs is sheer pathetic when the champs even after buff isn’t worth (like Nova)

So please make new content and have a certainty in rewards for players who are putting similar efforts as of others.
    6* shards is needed more nowadays as 5* are dead long ago. Further those who don’t do map7 weekly doesn’t get much t5cc so at least push content to grant some t5cc so that it keep end gamers interested in doing content.

6* shards is needed more nowadays as 5* are dead long ago.

For you, but maybe not the tens of thousands of players who are still beginning their journey, fostering their skills, growing their roster, etc. We have to remind ourselves that us end-game players aren't the only players playing the game (or spending lots of money). I'd also argue they've created way more content for end-game players the last year than they have for anyone else...
    What I’m saying is if they don’t release contents for everyone frequently then a handful of players will get bored.
    I’m 6 years in game and never got this much bored.
    For beginners they can create same content with lesser rewards and lesser difficulty like variants works.
    Further I’m totally a F2P and anyone who’s playing this game for long enough can grind units in a month or two to beat most of the content.
    Even YouTubers are bored so much that they making time and again the videos of Abyss by using different champs 😂
    Further i also want to ask out why side quests grant those t5cc in the end of the month.?? The answer maybe is the developer designing content in such a way that force people to waste their daily time in order to do side quests to get daily tiny rewards and get eligible for those tiny t5cc fragments at the end.
    In my opinion they should launch a 1vs1 war or something new like that which a player on individual level find interesting.

And I don’t know what stopping them launching arenas granting t2a and t5b fragments as both these resources are now 4 years old.

A new content is just a no content if it doesn’t upgrade my roster in any ways.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

For you, but maybe not the tens of thousands of players who are still beginning their journey, fostering their skills, growing their roster, etc. We have to remind ourselves that us end-game players aren't the only players playing the game (or spending lots of money). I'd also argue they've created way more content for end-game players the last year than they have for anyone else...
    What I’m saying is if they don’t release contents for everyone frequently then a handful of players will get bored.
    For beginners they can create same content with lesser rewards and lesser difficulty like variants works.
    Further I’m totally a F2P and anyone who’s playing this game for long enough can grind units in a month or two to beat most of the content.
    Even YouTubers are bored so much that they making time and again the videos of Abyss by using different champs 😂
    Further i also want to ask out why side quests grant those t5cc in the end of the month.?? The answer maybe is the developer designing content in such a way that force people to waste their daily time in order to do side quests to get daily tiny rewards and get eligible for those tiny t5cc fragments at the end.
    In my opinion they should launch a 1vs1 war or something new like that which a player on individual level find interesting.

And I don’t know what stopping them launching arenas granting t2a and t5b fragments as both these resources are now 4 years old.

What you want is a single player game where the experience can be tuned just for you. That's otherwise impractical.

The players in a similar situation to what you're describing, that have exhausted the content and have rosters so strong only meta-breaking new champs or (current) max tier rank ups can improve, are a tiny fraction of all players, way less than 1%. Even Thronebreakers, a much larger subset of players,is probably less than 1% of all players. End game content targets 1% or less of the playerbase and yet gets a lot more than 1% of the developer time and resources.

And it probably should, for various reasons. But asking for more, just because you're bored, is simply asking for more than you can ever get. The players in the game that have reached the very top are the very fastest progressing players. They are going to outpace anything the devs can do, as evidenced by the fact they outpaced everything the devs have done orders of magnitude faster than the average player. The devs are always looking for ways to alleviate that, but the idea that the devs should just focus on the end gamers and "scale down" the content for everyone else belies a fundamental lack of understanding of how content is created in this game. If that's how it worked they wouldn't have needed to remove the lowest EQ difficulty when they added Cavalier. They removed it specifically for, among other reasons, lack of time to support it.

Every minute they spend on the top one percent of the top one percent is time the other 99% doesn't get. So if you want them to spend more time making content for the top of the top, you don't get to handwave it away as just a question of "scaling down for the beginners." You should state which players deserve less content than they are getting now, so you aren't bored anymore. Because that's what the devs would have to do, to satisfy your request: they would have to decide which giant chunk of players was less important than you and a handful of players like you.
  • Param1988Param1988 Posts: 61
    No 6* shards on the 2nd day as well, thanks to RNG..
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Imo, the daily rewards are okay, if you consider that you get those really "daily". They seem tiny and insignificant, but if you count them for whole kontg, it's not bad.

With that said, I believe the legendary difficulty is a bit off. The fights aren't easy and the rewards are mostly pretty useless. Gold is fine, but easy to earn these days. T4cc? I got 12x 7200 + 8x full catalyst + 1300x 720, so I cant be bothered. 5*/6* shards are the best pulls. T2a isn't bad either, but the t1a is pretty cynical, given the fact how difficult is it to obtain, yet I happily take the t1a. What I miss there is t5b.

Main issue is the rng. People really should have at least some small guarantee I believe. I got lucky - 6* shards both days. But if it weren't for those, the only value I go in for is gold and alpha. And that can't keep one occupied for a month.

But I gotta give Kabam one thing: the objectives have sweet rewards. 20% t5cc just for completing, as well as legendary, feat 5* and class AG is super good. So imo, this event is all about the objectives and overall pretty well rewarded, albeit annoying.
    DNA3000 said:

What you want is a single player game where the experience can be tuned just for you. That's otherwise impractical.

The players in a similar situation to what you're describing, that have exhausted the content and have rosters so strong only meta-breaking new champs or (current) max tier rank ups can improve, are a tiny fraction of all players, way less than 1%. Even Thronebreakers, a much larger subset of players,is probably less than 1% of all players. End game content targets 1% or less of the playerbase and yet gets a lot more than 1% of the developer time and resources.

And it probably should, for various reasons. But asking for more, just because you're bored, is simply asking for more than you can ever get. The players in the game that have reached the very top are the very fastest progressing players. They are going to outpace anything the devs can do, as evidenced by the fact they outpaced everything the devs have done orders of magnitude faster than the average player. The devs are always looking for ways to alleviate that, but the idea that the devs should just focus on the end gamers and "scale down" the content for everyone else belies a fundamental lack of understanding of how content is created in this game. If that's how it worked they wouldn't have needed to remove the lowest EQ difficulty when they added Cavalier. They removed it specifically for, among other reasons, lack of time to support it.

Every minute they spend on the top one percent of the top one percent is time the other 99% doesn't get. So if you want them to spend more time making content for the top of the top, you don't get to handwave it away as just a question of "scaling down for the beginners." You should state which players deserve less content than they are getting now, so you aren't bored anymore. Because that's what the devs would have to do, to satisfy your request: they would have to decide which giant chunk of players was less important than you and a handful of players like you.
    Outpacing is different and making a content for endgame players is a different thing.

Kabam every month got an opportunity with the side events to push for some extra difficulty and giving some extra rewards that can suit the higher rosters. Today no one will go after a 3*/4* shards playing for more than 5-6 years. At least kabam can offer slightly higher amount of 6* shards and t5cc fragments in side quests while raising the difficulty a little bit. For example 300 guaranteed 6* shards per day in side quests or a 1% t5cc isn’t going to break the game when people already got 25-30 Rank3 in their rosters.

Earlier the events like BAUSTISTA Challenge, Chloe Challenge etc were more frequently made but nowadays hardly any of them made (Mulaney challenge was latest after a long time)

Game is always about progression if it is not then they shouldn’t make special deals on 4th july or cyber Monday or selling items on daily basis.
    And for those 99% you are talking about plenty of content is there like Act 1 to 5, Variants etc. Once you reach a place (even playing at a slower pace) where the content offer items that take you nowhere then you tend to skip the content.
    T1a around 20 overflowing in my inventory just because I don’t want to waste my t2a/gold on 5* as I got enough amount of 5* already ranked up and now I want my 6* to grow.
    Further RNG is good till it applies on opening of crystals but RNG on offering of rewards is a bad design of content. Two people doing same efforts must be treated equally (a 5* signatures stone crystal is in no way equal to 6* shards or t5b fragments).

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

What content has been created for endgamers in the last year? Abyss and 6.4 originally came out over a year ago. Old Act 6 was the last piece of endgame content we've gotten. Variants absolutely aren't end game catered nor are they supposed to be. 7.1 most certainly isn't bc plenty of people that can't even explore the nerfed Act 6 have explored 7.1. What end game content are you actually referring to?

What content has been created for endgamers in the last year? Abyss and 6.4 originally came out over a year ago. Old Act 6 was the last piece of endgame content we've gotten. Variants absolutely aren't end game catered nor are they supposed to be. 7.1 most certainly isn't bc plenty of people that can't even explore the nerfed Act 6 have explored 7.1. What end game content are you actually referring to?
    And if people don’t want to upgrade their skills/rosters and want to stick to master level of monthly quests then I don’t think this game is going to flourish more. I’ve seen many of my teammates quitting altogether or going solo
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Outpacing is different and making a content for endgame players is a different thing.

Kabam every month got an opportunity with the side events to push for some extra difficulty and giving some extra rewards that can suit the higher rosters. Today no one will go after a 3*/4* shards playing for more than 5-6 years. At least kabam can offer slightly higher amount of 6* shards and t5cc fragments in side quests while raising the difficulty a little bit. For example 300 guaranteed 6* shards per day in side quests or a 1% t5cc isn’t going to break the game when people already got 25-30 Rank3 in their rosters.

Earlier the events like BAUSTISTA Challenge, Chloe Challenge etc were more frequently made but nowadays hardly any of them made (Mulaney challenge was latest after a long time)

Game is always about progression if it is not then they shouldn’t make special deals on 4th july or cyber Monday or selling items on daily basis.
    And for those 99% you are talking about plenty of content is there like Act 1 to 5, Variants etc. Once you reach a place (even playing at a slower pace) where the content offer items that take you nowhere then you tend to skip the content.
    T1a around 20 overflowing in my inventory just because I don’t want to waste my t2a/gold on 5* as I got enough amount of 5* already ranked up and now I want my 6* to grow.
    Further RNG is good till it applies on opening of crystals but RNG on offering of rewards is a bad design of content. Two people doing same efforts must be treated equally (a 5* signatures stone crystal is in no way equal to 6* shards or t5b fragments).

I do quite often agree with DNA3000, and you bring up a few interesting points, but you using people with 25-30 rank 3 6* champs as an example of your point definitely skews reality. Of course Kabam hasn't put out numbers on this, but I would guess that the average TB player, which is one of the highest achievements in the game, probably only has 2-3 rank 3 champs. It may not impact those with 25 Rank 3 champs, if that is even possible this far in the game (my honest guess for the person with the most rank 3 6* champs is probably about 15, if that) but giving out guaranteed 30% T5CC and the possibility of more would definitely be an unreasonable jump for the majority of players compared to how stingy Kabam has been with T5CC up to this point. T5CC is currently the hardest rankup material to achieve in the game, so if they start making that readily available, they will have to come out with rank 4 6* resources before you know it. 300 guaranteed 6* shards would be nice, sure, but odds are that you will have a couple days without, then a day with at least that, or even several drops of 300 shards.

DNA3000 said:

I do quite often agree with DNA3000, and you bring up a few interesting points, but you using people with 25-30 rank 3 6* champs as an example of your point definitely skews reality. Of course Kabam hasn't put out numbers on this, but I would guess that the average TB player, which is one of the highest achievements in the game, probably only has 2-3 rank 3 champs. It may not impact those with 25 Rank 3 champs, if that is even possible this far in the game (my honest guess for the person with the most rank 3 6* champs is probably about 15, if that) but giving out guaranteed 30% T5CC and the possibility of more would definitely be an unreasonable jump for the majority of players compared to how stingy Kabam has been with T5CC up to this point. T5CC is currently the hardest rankup material to achieve in the game, so if they start making that readily available, they will have to come out with rank 4 6* resources before you know it. 300 guaranteed 6* shards would be nice, sure, but odds are that you will have a couple days without, then a day with at least that, or even several drops of 300 shards.
    Below is my top champs in 6*

You can see 8 Rank3 champs and i can do 2 more to rank3 as i got resources for those in inventory.
    I’m fully f2p since beginning (just spent once for that lower unit deal in store 5 years ago)
    So if a player like me who rarely do high tier wars and playing only map6/5 in AQ can do these much rankups then just imagine how much people who are pushing much harder and doing High AQ/AW can rankup.
    Some people are getting 30% t5cc per week and they also buying those deals of t5cc.
    I’m not saying throw resources but give reasonable amount of 6* shards and little but of t5cc so that it keep us interested enough to login and play.
    Side quests rewards are stuck at a level which was valuable 2 years ago.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

WorknProgress has 20