**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should there be an T5cc fragment crystal for cavalier players in glory store in future?

2»

Comments

• N1nthcloudN1nthcloud Posts: 343 ★★★
    No
    As a newly acquired thronebreaker.
    "Just today"
    I hope they dont bridge the gap in rewards for a long long time.

That was punishing what I just went through...
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    No
    I am in 6.4, have 3 6* in different classes I would take to rank 3.

Cav's do not need rank3 6* and a half decent 5* roster can do all content where t5cc are available.
  • Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★
    edited April 2021
    No
    no thanks, u need to achieve it, that's all, i don't spend in game and i'm already thronebreaker, did all variants and explored act 6 100% to obtain it, why someone that just completed act 6 can obtain the same rewards we all worked like crazy to gain?, even if the price gets lower in the next days, it isn't fair imo
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    Yes
    Is T5CC available in Glory store yet?
    Anyone know what the deal is going to be?
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    No
    I had to explore 7.1 to become TB , i could have easily become TB just by selecting the unit offer that popped after act 7 completion but i did not. I worked my butt off to explore so now NOOO it shouldn't be available for Cavaliers since i am about to become TB lol.
  • ShaqatacShaqatac Posts: 258 ★★
    No
    No let Cavalier players go through the same struggle that thronebreaker players didnto get their first t5cc
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    Yes
    Of course . It’s a game . Forcing your players to progress at a snail level makes sense when something is just released but it’s been a while now . It’s time to make it more accessible
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    No
    There shouldn't be such an option. Collecting t5cc should be a challenge and this would pretty much make it cheesable, as you can get very solid glory with close to no effort. But when another title past TB comes, this article might be added in cav store.

Ftr I am not TB, I am Cav with Act6 done, so I really need only the t5cc to become TB
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    To be honest it’s already pretty easy between act 7, variants and the changes to cav eq.

I recently took my second account to TB and barely tried to acquire T5cc. Never bought any, played high map aq or did the 4* eq things, not explored the new variants. Honestly it didn’t feel all that much of an achievement vs the first time which I did via abyss and pre nerf act 6.

Either way getting TB is a more abstract experience for the most part vs previous milestones which have clearly defined journeys and end points.

The other thing to consider is what actually is there to push for post TB anyway? Why rush to get to a place there is nowhere to go from? Kinda killed both my big accounts tbh.

Opening t5cc up now in glory store for cavs would be a step to far.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    No
    I'd say no as I think they need to slow down the pace of rank ups. @DNA3000 has made this argument very compellingly a number of times.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    No
    Im cav, and I don’t think we should. Theonebreaker is a huge step up from cav. Just in the daily crystals, you go from a small chance at a 4*, to a small chance at a 6*, 5*, t5b, etc
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 897 ★★★
    No
    I'm a Cav player, and I don't think it should be in the glory store. It's not an actual achievement if you just buy it.
    I will be much happier knowing I've got TB because I deserve it through skill and determination.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    No
    Thronebreaker is a duct-tape title created in a pinch to make new deal-day tiers -- which ultimately probably screwed over Kabam due to the deals being **** for non-TB, aka most everybody. It's not based on story progression because it turns out teams of 6r3s make most content trivial.

That said, it needs to exist. At least for now, it needs the be non-trivial. The r3 requirement, as terrible as it is, is good enough to gatekeep players from buying progress too easily.

What we honestly need is one more progression level after Cav. It's rare, but somebody who completed the Abyss, explored Act 6, and still had no (like, 0 of the class) 6* to r3 -- has happened.

Treating all cavs as if they just completed 6.1 is a massive oversight and, frankly, an insult.
  • BsuGuyBsuGuy Posts: 138
    No
    Definitely not. Its really very simple....if the TB title and the rewards that come with it mean so much to you make your first pass through abyss (this can be done easily without spending a dime) and then r3 a 6*.
    No
    No and this guy who just posted in forums is the perfect example of why not.

He's going to become a cav here shortly.
    Level 52.
    Not a single R5 or R2 on his team.

Mic-drop
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Level 52.

Mic-drop

Cavs pretty easy to get. Many of us did it with rank 4's. I don't see the problem here.
    edited April 2021
    No
    Cavs pretty easy to get. Many of us did it with rank 4's. I don't see the problem here.

Exactly.
    No problem just that point.
    Cavalier and TB are different.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    No
    I mean there are a lot of other ways to get T5CC. Complete act 6, do 7.1, plus you're getting a 10% T5CC nexus every month from the EQ, plus about 10% from the side quest. The only big thing that Thronebreaker opens up for you is better July 4th and Cyber Monday offers, and if you're spending money on the game anyways, why not just spend it to get T5CC?
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    No
    As someone who is Cavalier, working towards Thronebreaker, I say no. I would much rather have content to do that reward the resources than to just grind my way to it through AQ. For that to be a fun and worthwhile path to Thronebreaker (or at least a rank 3), Kabam would have to update AQ immensely. As it is now, I continue to grind Variants to completion to get those 25% t5cc fragment crystals. That's a really fun way that I can do in my own time, without having to rely too much on my alliance mates (and without having them rely too much on me, as the alliance leader, to lead them through AQ to Thronebreaker).

I also suspect that t5cc would be immensely expensive in the Cavalier glory store, which would hamper my ability to buy t2a and t5b. While taking my 6* Doom to rank 3 would be neat, increasing my maxed-out 5* roster has really shown me that versatility is way more important than just the raw strength of one character.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    No

I think the intent was to show that new cavs don't need t5cc, but it came off as kinda shallow and arrogant with the whole mic-drop thing.

There's a huge difference between a 6.1 Cav and TB, but not that much difference between a Act 6 Comp Cav and TB. Just the luck in pulling some Horsemen + the grind that is Abyss, and a bit more luck in having a champ you can (or will) rank.
    No

I think the intent was to show that new cavs don't need t5cc, but it came off as kinda shallow and arrogant with the whole mic-drop thing.

There's a huge difference between a 6.1 Cav and TB, but not that much difference between a Act 6 Comp Cav and TB. Just the luck in pulling some Horsemen + the grind that is Abyss, and a bit more luck in having a champ you can (or will) rank.

You are correct. Thank you.
    I could have presented it better my apologies.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Yes

I mean there are a lot of other ways to get T5CC. Complete act 6, do 7.1, plus you're getting a 10% T5CC nexus every month from the EQ, plus about 10% from the side quest. The only big thing that Thronebreaker opens up for you is better July 4th and Cyber Monday offers, and if you're spending money on the game anyways, why not just spend it to get T5CC?

I agree with this completely. I'm a great example of becoming TB without doing what most others did. When TB was released, I only had 1 run through act 6. Hadn't touched exploration. I did 1 path in Abyss which gave me a mutant T5CC.

Since becoming TB 3 weeks after it released, I have ranked 7 more 6*'s to R3. The only thing that's changed is having 7.1 100%. I am currently going for exploration in act 6 but I didn't get my R3's from story content. I formed 1 T5CC from the C.W deals and that's it.

I have gotten them majority of my T5cc from AQ map 7 w/epic mods. I rarely buy the t5 in the glory store as well. I might now since it's way cheaper. The point is, Cavalier players don't need the glory store to get to TB quicker. If they really want to get the title so bad, do map 7 with epic mods. Month after month I'm doing just AQ and then Cav difficulty in EQ.

For those that will say it's luck based on champion pulls etc.. do the content and open more crystals. You want to reduce the RNG factor? You need to.open more crystals. If you have 10 6*'s and they aren't R3 worthy, that's on you, not the title requirements. It's easier than ever for newer players to get champions that can help in content. But most are doing content so fast, they are severely underdeveloped with rosters.

If you aren't going to explore content, you need a higher tier AW alliance as well to get the shards from that.

Open more crystals, get more champs. Do high tier AQ, get more T5CC. You want to be TB? Do the work the ones that came before you did. All aspects of it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    No

@Demonzfyre its not about catching up it’s about getting to the same place you are eventually. eventually thronebreaker will be just the next uncollected or cavalier title.you can’t honestly think that eventually there will not be multiple titles above thronebreaker. If at that point it’s not easier to achieve then kabaam is making new content for less and less of their player base. Economically that doesn’t make sense. They want as many people to eventually be as high as they can and spend that money on units.

As I said before I don’t think it needs to be right now but eventually it will happen. Anyone thinking otherwise is delusional.

This is technically true, but it is a very long way away. Right now the point to Thronebreaker is to differentiate people who have reached the point where their primary rank up challenge is R3 6* from everyone below that. Once a Cav has reached the point where they can do that themselves, the game then ratchets them upward and starts making those resources more available, to prepare them for the eventual day when they will move even higher and start focusing on rank 4s or 7* champs or whatever. They can't be stuck in first gear forever, but they also are not supposed to just skate their way past this point either, so first you get there on your own, then Thronebreaker moves you to the next tier.

At some point, the amount of progress higher than TB will out strip that below TB. The devs are not going to want to support twenty tiers of progress, and won't want players to grind through all those tiers individually one at a time, so those lower tiers will start to collapse. They might not disappear, but the game will accelerate players through them. At some point, the difference between Uuncollected, Cavalier, and Thronebreaker will be so small in relative terms that the need to differentiate Cav from TB will drop, and the rewards for all three will get blurrier. You'll see the game try to accelerate players from UC to Cav to TB much faster than it does now, and making T5CC more available will be a part of that.

We are nowhere near that point now. And I would say I wouldn't hold my breath until there's at least two or three progress tiers higher than TB first.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Ladpcw78 said:

No.

Once you change the availability of t5cc you change the requirements of Thronebreaker. It’s like changing Cavlier to an earlier path in Act 1

This is kind of lame, considering they’ve added T5cc to sidequests, made EQ award a nexus, released 7.1, and they’re about to release their second variant since TB was introduced.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Level 52.

Mic-drop

Yes I fully agree with this. Given how easy earlier maps and offering it to buy in Glory Store is just not something that would be good for the game. Thronebreaker needs to be earned.
  • DogfoodLidDogfoodLid Posts: 130
    Yes
    Would be a big help fod thise users trying to get tb that are just a little off. 5% a run can start adding up
  • O_Deadpool_OO_Deadpool_O Posts: 137 ★★
    Yes
    I remember that it took very long after I killed Grandmaster and until I got CC5. So, I would suggest to allow cavaliers to buy CC5 in glory store after they kill Grandmaster. It would be really fair.