**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MCU vs MCOC

gage201205gage201205 Posts: 568 ★★★
edited April 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Since starting this game back in 2016 one of my favorite thing was how Kabam tied the Marvel Universe films into MCOC. Now in 2021 it seems to have been completely forgotten.. WandaVision was a success and what did we get from it a non playable champion Scarlet Witch sigil, no Quicksilver, Speed, Wiccan, no vision buff. Falcon and Winter Soldier is still going and almost done but still nothing no White Wolfe or Winter Soldier buff, Sharon Carter, US Agent, Zemo.. We've continually asked for Valkerie and Thor Stormbreaker from Endgame but nothing.. What gives? Can't say you don't want continuous champs when you pretty much just put another iron man in the game with 3 still needing buffed.. 2021 has been full of bugs, disappointing side quest, and no name characters.

This is my opinion please don't stone me over this.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• AdokAdok Posts: 274 ★★
    Probably because Marvel told them just to make Characters for the movies, idk why but they did I'm guessing that's what happened.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    So like, in case you haven’t heard...there was/is a global pandemic that makes it hard for big movie studios to make content and in turn impossible for a 3rd party collaborator (Kabam) to be able to model stuff, create abilities, etc. They also almost certainly must follow Marvel’s schedule for when they want MCU champions to be released in order to maximize marketing effectiveness.
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 568 ★★★

So like, in case you haven’t heard...there was/is a global pandemic that makes it hard for big movie studios to make content

I'm going to respectfully disagree with this Kabam released BWDO and Red Guardian in 2020 and that movie hasn't been released

So like, in case you haven’t heard...there was/is a global pandemic that makes it hard for big movie studios to make content

I'm going to respectfully disagree with this Kabam released BWDO and Red Guardian in 2020 and that movie hasn't been released
    BWDO and RG were released in April (too late to stop anything since the world ended in March). The movie was scheduled for early may. This was a misstep. If marvel knew what was going to happen, they would not have had Kabam release them.

BWDO and RG were released in April (too late to stop anything since the world ended in March). The movie was scheduled for early may. This was a misstep. If marvel knew what was going to happen, they would not have had Kabam release them.
    Are you trying to tell me Mavel owns right to MCOC and can tell them who they can and can't put in the game?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

They might not have halted those champions, but as the whole point was to be a tie in to the movie, that in effect was a blown tie in. To put it another way, a player might think that was a success because they got champions they wanted, but Marvel itself probably considers that a complete failure. Not something to repeat.
    DNA3000 said:

They might not have halted those champions, but as the whole point was to be a tie in to the movie, that in effect was a blown tie in. To put it another way, a player might think that was a success because they got champions they wanted, but Marvel itself probably considers that a complete failure. Not something to repeat.
    Yep! Thanks for the elaboration!

Are you trying to tell me Mavel owns right to MCOC and can tell them who they can and can't put in the game?
    Yes. That's exactly what's being said. Marvel owns the rights to the characters MCOC uses, therefore, they need permission to add the characters to the game, especially since kabam will make money off that addition
    Thank you for that clarification I honestly didn't know that

Yes. That's exactly what's being said. Marvel owns the rights to the characters MCOC uses, therefore, they need permission to add the characters to the game, especially since kabam will make money off that addition
    Thank you for that clarification I honestly didn't know that
    It’s all good! Thanks for being intellectually honest with the whole thing
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

To be more specific, MCOC works closely with Marvel in all it does. They own the rights to any and all things Marvel, and they absolutely do have a say. Although it isn't so much of a limiting relationship as it is a partnership. Certain things have been in the works, but with the world being at a standstill for most of the last year or more, most things are up in the air.
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 898 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    Yea, it's already been stated, MCoC will need licencing permissions from Marvel before they release certain characters.

I really hope that means we will see characters like White Wolf (Bucky), Zemo, Sharon Carter, US Agent, White Vision, Wiccan, Speed, Quicksilver, Agatha Harness, Valkyrie, Stormbreaker Thor, Mjolnir Captain America and more from the MCU in the future. Be a shame to miss out on such amazing and exciting champions.

And personally, I'd LOVE to see Britannic and Union Jack from the Marvel Comics for some British heroes. 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

Not really to argue, and thanks for the dates, but I definitely wouldn’t consider this a misstep. It didn’t really line up with the actual movie release, but it capitalized on a ton of hype for the upcoming movie, and it’s not like either champ was a surprise (like we didn’t know they would be in the movie). They don’t spoil anything for us, and honestly it was kinda like a consolation prize for having to postpone the movie for another year.
  • PalistesPalistes Posts: 156 ★★
    Kabam really does have a difficult line to tread. I play this game because I love the characters. I like the MCU, but the movies don't actually represent the characters that I grew up with.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★

BWDO and RG were released in April (too late to stop anything since the world ended in March). The movie was scheduled for early may.
    Consider also: 1. there was other content in the update besides the side-quest, main event and the new characters. It's quite likely they couldn't put out the necessary bug fixes and so on without everything else. 2. If they'd cancelled the event they'd be f*cked because they'd have no new content for a month because they probably wouldn't have been able to bring forward the next month's event.
    edited April 2021

Luke9523 said:

And personally, I'd LOVE to see Britannic

I'd rather have Brian in his Captain Britain persona than that stupid 90s BS.
    I agree, but I HATE calling him Captain Britain, because everyone who doesn't know him just assumes that he's a carbon copy of Captain America. And he's nothing alike at all.
    Captain Britain gets his powers from the Amulet of Right, which would make him a mystic champ if/when introduced. And Union Jack would be an excellent skill addition.
  • gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★
    Totally agree with you brother. I imagine if a new game comes out with those mcu characters a lot of things would change, and a large ammount of player base would go there.

Comics are fine, but we live in the MCU meta now. And kabam somehow forgets it.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

That is exactly what it is. Marvel owns the rights to all it's properties. Marvel has a say in who gets added to the game. Kabam buys rights to take artistic liberties on characters. Kabam also works with Marvel on original characters. Marvel has final say on character design.

Kabam plans things out for probably a year in advance with champion design starting 3-4 months earlier if not longer than that. Mays champs started design phase in January or February.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    Luke9523 said:

Luke9523 said:

I agree, but I HATE calling him Captain Britain, because everyone who doesn't know him just assumes that he's a carbon copy of Captain America. And he's nothing alike at all.
    Captain Britain gets his powers from the Amulet of Right, which would make him a mystic champ if/when introduced. And Union Jack would be an excellent skill addition.
    I know. Captain Britain's more like Superman than Captain America. Union Jack is more like Captain America, except for not carrying a shield and carrying a gun and a knife. Union Jack II was actually given a variant of the super-soldier serum. Union Jack I and III are just that bada$$

Luke9523 said:

Luke9523 said:

I know. Captain Britain's more like Superman than Captain America. Union Jack is more like Captain America, except for not carrying a shield and carrying a gun and a knife. Union Jack II was actually given a variant of the super-soldier serum. Union Jack I and III are just that bada$$
    Yea, CB is definitely has more of a Superman/Hyperion/Captain Marvel vibe.

I think if they introduce Union Jack, he should be similar to the Punisher. No powers, just a total badass. Except instead of having various guns, he'd have his dagger and pistol.

I've wanted these two to join for so long, but I don't know if they will ever be introduced. 🤞🏻🤞🏻