**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

For those of you lucky enough to have a 5 Star Wolverine

So... I pulled a 5 Star Wolverine and awakened him with 167 signature stones and took him to Rank 5. When he’s a Horseman of Apocalypse he’s just SO good. He can easily clear an entire path with his regeneration (I don’t even have him maxed) and his critical bleeds are just unbelievable. He doesn’t rely on parry, doesn’t need to use specials, and even if he’s facing a bleed immune opponent, he can still do decent damage (and have a chance to regenerate).

Overall, I think he’s a top 5 mutant with the synergy. Am I off base here? I DON’T run suicides but based on my mastery build, here’s my top 5 mutants (in no particular order).

Red Magneto
Archangel
Omega Red
Colossus
Wolverine

For those of you lucky enough to have a 5 Star Wolverine 69 votes

You’re absolutely right - he’s top 5 for sure
40%
Rswsb34MJWolverine21Osfan8Sw0rdMasterThe_Blue_JaguarKerowaxShinobiGuyMorpheus_123AnakinIsGoneMiekandKorgStevieManWonderpsp742SquirrelguyphillmostLnZiFiiNCHIronGladiator22Xguard7730ishChaosMax1012 28 votes
Let’s not get crazy - he’s still a low health 5 Star, he’s very good but he’s not top 5
59%
RaganatorzuffyubiquitousWindTristanPsychoakumaDarthHaasJBC89ShadowstrikeMenkentHilldarReferenceAdvjmorris1AleorbrandinhoWine_LoverEtjamaDeaconLinguettiRamil0222 41 votes

Comments

• AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    Let’s not get crazy - he’s still a low health 5 Star, he’s very good but he’s not top 5
    He's good by his own but not top 5. I have a deep mutie roster and he's so fun to play (mine is sig 170). Although with synergies he's top 5, and as a horseman he's even better. But mags, OR, colossus, AA, apoc and PX are better imho.
  • DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
    Apocalypse is better than Horseman Wolverine.
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 565 ★★★
    After clearing the entire path by himself first boss v7

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
    Top 5 is tough, but he’s definitely up there. I would say he’s even better with suicides because he can regen back all the damage taken from specials or bleed/poison.
  • BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    He is freakin powerhouse, but mutant home is too stacked imo. He has really strong abilities as Horseman, you can even make argument to bypassing DoTs, but that's the case only if rng is on your side.
    Top 5 would be Apoc, AA, Magneto, OR, Colossus, I dont know much about Prof X
  • LeStMn92LeStMn92 Posts: 119
    Top 5 Mutants as a horseman, maybe 6th or 7th as he is pretty one dimensional as a champion. But for raw damage, on a fight he can be used in, top 5 easy. Comes out of fights at 100% in seconds
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    I tested him with LOL Red Hulk and he did it in 152 hits. As a comparison, i re-did the fight with 6*R2 CGR and he took 147 hits.

https://youtu.be/K3dm-fIzoiM
    https://youtu.be/auaozy6QdJA
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★

I tested him with LOL Red Hulk and he did it in 152 hits. As a comparison, i re-did the fight with 6*R2 CGR and he took 147 hits.

That's impressive, but hit counts don't mean much. CGR has big multi-hit combos and a lot of Wolverines damage is from DoT. Apples and oranges. I love my wolverine and have him 5/65/40... but there's a little of mutants that crush as horseman.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Probs not top 5, but excellent for sure, even without Horseman
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    Menkent said:

That's impressive, but hit counts don't mean much. CGR has big multi-hit combos and a lot of Wolverines damage is from DoT. Apples and oranges. I love my wolverine and have him 5/65/40... but there's a little of mutants that crush as horseman.
    Yeah and also CGR being 6*R2 gave him a slight advantage. Would be interesting if Wolverine was available as a 6*.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Logically incorrect. The whole description is about Wolverine becomes horseman, which means you must bring Apocolypse together. Then you have tired them up already. Top 5 are supposingly to work well on standalone basis. Play him on standalone basis for a month and comment again. I’m not saying Wolverine is not a good champ, yet there are many good standalone choice in mutant class.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Regen and big damage is great but there are so many Mutants that have much more utility. No way he's top 5.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Top 10, absolutely.
    Top 5, that's where it gets muddy but agreed that not even Max sig does soooo much more for survivability.

I love having 5 star Wolverine but they need to bump his health. It's that same situation I have with Moon Knight where he's clearly the best choice for the fight but because his health pool is so low, the game would automatically choose anybody else to fight that fight even if they have class disadvantage and are three hits from being dead, LOL