**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Tech champ shootout...

Car_Z_10Car_Z_10 Posts: 10
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hello everyone,

I am almost sure that many are immediately outraged by the question....

Still, is Gully2099 even better than Howard (reworked)?

I finished the WS with my 6* Gully with the SK 3 and then took 153 hits for CapMarv (all without synergies, no Suicide).

With my duped 6 *Howard I needed 201 hits for CapMarv, although the pure number is a bit unfair, since his Heavies (and there were many of them :smile: ) insist on 5 or 6 hits.

So in the end, pretty equal!!! So is the new Howard Gully 2099 really at the same level? What do you guys think?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I mean I would say she is, but there are definitely going to be people who say that Howard is better. We have to remember that she has been released for a year and a half, and buffed Howard has been out for two weeks. Also, RoL is not the end all be all way to rate champs. G2099 is a lot more useful in high tier content in my opinion
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    G99 and there's absolutely no contest at all.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    ... Gully is of course still poisoning immune and has the healing function from 15%. This is certainly both worth something, but you have to maintain the combo for it and if you mess up with the SK at the end, you start again from 0 in the next fight. Since the feathered beast is easier to use.

What are your reasons that G99 is so much better?
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Lol this is funny, you think champ ranking is based off the amount of hits they do to win a fight.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Yeah, g2099 is still WAY better than Howard...
  • Options

Lol this is funny, you think champ ranking is based off the amount of hits they do to win a fight.

No, but I try to compare the obvious things and also name PROS and CONS.... Once again "what are your reasons that G99 is better"?
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Car_Z_10 said:

No, but I try to compare the obvious things and also name PROS and CONS.... Once again "what are your reasons that G99 is better"?
    Well you only compared their damage in 1 fight. To answer your question, no crits, far far superior power control, energy damage bypasses a ton, far more sustainable, far more practical damage, long 120% Spectre off the Sp2. She's better in pretty much every conceivable way.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Car_Z_10 said:

Well you only compared their damage in 1 fight. To answer your question, no crits, far far superior power control, energy damage bypasses a ton, far more sustainable, far more practical damage, long 120% Spectre off the Sp2. She's better in pretty much every conceivable way.
    Ok, thank you, that are all robust points!

• Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    G2099 is better because she destroys super long fights and has a lot easier ramp up than htd. She also has a lot more utility. Howard is now pretty good but he’s not in the conversation with the very best of the tech class.