**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Comments

• TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    That looked really good, but it also had zero Marvel feeling about it
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Pretty awesome.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    please please please be this cool in game
  • TheCaptain412TheCaptain412 Posts: 337 ★★★
    They’re using Razorfist as one of the secondary villains? That’s freaking AWESOME!!
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★

They’re using Razorfist as one of the secondary villains? That’s freaking AWESOME!!

Played by the actor from The Expanse. I'm juiced!
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Shock29 said:

If the leak is correct for the May champs and Kabam follows the same pattern they usually do which is release two characters from the movie, where does Mister Negative come in? Is he the Masked Man perhaps?

That would be cool tbh.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    As a big Kim's Convenience fan, it is both weird and awesome to see Simu Liu as Shang-Chi
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ★★★
    Iron Fist Tv Show Vibes

Iron Fist Tv Show Vibes

I mean I guess but IF was a terrible terrible show
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,754 ★★★★★

It’s definitely a risky move by the studio to incorporate Wuxia style in MCU. I’m quite skeptical since last time Hollywood tried to do something similar, we got The Great Wall and the live-action Mulan. Hope they’ll be able to deliver.

I actually liked the Great Wall.
    That makes 2 of us. I thought it was pretty well done especially considering it was Matt Damon of all people lol.
  • hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    Shock29 said:

If the leak is correct for the May champs and Kabam follows the same pattern they usually do which is release two characters from the movie, where does Mister Negative come in? Is he the Masked Man perhaps?

The masked guy is deathdealer. Negative man probably won't be in the movie
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Shock29 said:

Sunspot with different colors
  • Shock29Shock29 Posts: 540 ★★★

Shock29 said:

I know what Mister Negative looks like. The MCU tries to make their characters as close to the comics version as they can but sometimes, changes have to happen like Hawkeye, Antman, or Baron Strucker. They are still similar to their comics version but they look different as well. This could be the case with Mister Negative though thank you herm for identifying the Masked Man/ Deathdealer. What about the guy with the glowing blue gauntlet? In one scene, the glowing blue that comes from the metal arm band look like its spreading. That could possibly be him.
    edited April 2021
    Shock29 said:

Shock29 said:

I know what Mister Negative looks like. The MCU tries to make their characters as close to the comics version as they can but sometimes, changes have to happen like Hawkeye, Antman, or Baron Strucker. They are still similar to their comics version but they look different as well. This could be the case with Mister Negative though thank you herm for identifying the Masked Man/ Deathdealer. What about the guy with the glowing blue gauntlet? In one scene, the glowing blue that comes from the metal arm band look like its spreading. That could possibly be him.
    That’s Wenwu... aka the Mandarin. No arm band or gauntlets, just the ten rings (or bracelets)
    The blue arm bands are probably the “Ten Rings” referred to in the movie title. That character is likely going to be a mash-up of the comics Mandarin (not the IM3 version) and Fu Manchu (who Marvel can’t use due to rights issues), who was Shang-Chi’s father in the original comics series.
  • Shock29Shock29 Posts: 540 ★★★
    Shock29 said:

Shock29 said:

I have been kindly informed that the blue Gauntlet man is the Wenou guy/ the mandarin so nvm my theories
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,791 ★★★★★

The blue arm bands are probably the “Ten Rings” referred to in the movie title. That character is likely going to be a mash-up of the comics Mandarin (not the IM3 version) and Fu Manchu (who Marvel can’t use due to rights issues), who was Shang-Chi’s father in the original comics series.

correct. This guy with the blue arm bands, narrating the bit about giving you ten years, is Wenwu, aka The Mandarin. The *real* Mandarin. Shang-Chi's father. He's being reimagined to be less of a racist 'yellow peril' stereotype and to get away from the fact Shang-Chi was created to use in comics starring Fu Manchu and related characters from the books, that Marvel's long-since lost the rights to use.

correct. This guy with the blue arm bands, narrating the bit about giving you ten years, is Wenwu, aka The Mandarin. The *real* Mandarin. Shang-Chi's father. He's being reimagined to be less of a racist 'yellow peril' stereotype and to get away from the fact Shang-Chi was created to use in comics starring Fu Manchu and related characters from the books, that Marvel's long-since lost the rights to use.
    Yeah, the Shang-Chi comic series has a lot of cringe-worthy racist elements in it. I read it from start to finish a couple of years ago and was a little shocked at how much they got away with.

It wasn’t as bad as them using Yellow Claw, but it wasn’t too much better in spots.

• Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,791 ★★★★★

Yeah, the Shang-Chi comic series has a lot of cringe-worthy racist elements in it. I read it from start to finish a couple of years ago and was a little shocked at how much they got away with.

It wasn’t as bad as them using Yellow Claw, but it wasn’t too much better in spots.

weird thing about Yellow Claw was that it starred Jimmy Woo. The first Asian lead in an American comic. And, yes, as in Agent Woo from Ant-Man and the Wasp and Wandavision.

But, yeah, comics could be racist AF back in the 1970s, the '60s and earlier.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Oh hey, it's got the flippy-dippies! I like the flippy-dippies.
  • AltairMUP96AltairMUP96 Posts: 88
    So is it a coincidence that we got a source code leak stating Shang Chi and Mister Negative will be May's upcoming champs, and we got the Shang Chi teaser and poster today?

I'm just really psyched to see Mister Negative in Contest of Champions after his debut in Spider Man PS4. If they do this right, they'll have Spidey and Shang team up to take down Mr. Negative and his army of corrupted Champions next month.