**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Un-nerfed

Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
With some of champions that have been added....Doom, Aegon, Omega Red, etc....
and all of the Champion buffs and overhauls

Do you think that some of the nerfs.... Scarlett Witch, Dr.Strange could be undone without a negative impact on game?

Comments

• Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    How do you think they would stack up against the current top champs?
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    What was Dr. Strange like pre-nerf?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★

Drake2078 said:

How do you think they would stack up against the current top champs?

a prenerf r3 switch would be light years better then doom or aegon (aegon? lol) and would actually be a potential contender to challenge quake as the best champ in the game
    Those that disagreed probably didnt use her prenerf.

Stun lock full yellow bar massive damage.

But Quake>
    ya, infinite regen, infinite power lock
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    doctorb said:

What was Dr. Strange like pre-nerf?

I too would like to know this, cause I don't remember at all what he was like pre-12.0
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

People who disagree that pre 12.0 switch would still be broken obviously never played her pre 12.0

Yeah she was an actual proper example of a game-breaking champ. She HAD to be changed. Dr Strange, however, was nerfed to the ground unnecessarily 😠
  • Dwayne55Dwayne55 Posts: 123
    DS pre 12.0 had the best regen in the game imo. What made DS and SW so good back then though was the perfect block teams.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    I think Fist can become more relevant with something like regen on dash back and hold block, once a fight or something, and a vulnerability (fragility now) debuff that he can add to his opponents to increase damage further. His damage as a 6* is average already, but he needs a little help to be more relevant in the meta. He also needs more physical resistance since they decided to not give him armor 🤦🏼‍♂️
  • Ps_cr7Ps_cr7 Posts: 296 ★★
    If scarlet is un nerfed...she will break the game again.
  • ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Posts: 350 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    Did any of y'all play Pre 12.0??

A 5-65 SWitch would absolutely own this game. How can any of you forget what she did? For whoever said it, she needed ZERO synergy to be what she was. Zero.

And while we're on the topic, how about 5 Armor breaks for a 5-65 Thor? They'd probably hit for 60k.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Sungj said:

a prenerf r3 switch would be light years better then doom or aegon (aegon? lol) and would actually be a potential contender to challenge quake as the best champ in the game

I disagree, the game's meta has shifted so much over the years what made switch so broken back then isn't as applicable now. First off implementation of diminishing returns alone cuts her effectiveness by what I'd say is about 25% if not more. She had no immunities, no AA reduction, no DOT and requires crit synergies to be really broken. Yes back then with flat crit values and a full crit team switch would just stun lock and roll everything. The game is simply too diverse now for that to be viable, there's too many debuff nodes, autoblock defenders, reduced debuff duration, limber, stun immunity, AA reduction. On top of that her damage while very very strong I doubt would crack the top 5 or even top 10 currently.

She would only really excel on paths with easier or more simple nodes and yes while she would steamroll those kind of paths so do tons of other champs now.
    She has DOT... She can apply poison.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx3WTbMSU_o
    Here's her before the patch.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    OneMast3r said:

Look at Namors nerf. It seems pretty silly now that he even got nerfed.

I'm fine on the outrage but with all the other regen mutants they really didn't have to take half of that away

idk if I would consider her quake lvl
    Well, that's just a 4*. She's available as a 5* now. There's no way to compare what Quake does vs what SW could do. They are very different champs. we'll never know what a 5* would be like for SW but I do believe SW would break many things in the game.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★

quake is untouchable, but i think switch would be a contender for #2

quake is untouchable, but i think switch would be a contender for #2
    Unless you have true strike.
  • AmazingStrudelAmazingStrudel Posts: 17
    SW and Thor would be game-breaking if they came back. A lot of newer players don’t realize quite how broken they were. There’s a <10 hit kill of RoL WS with a 4 star Thor on yt.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

SW and Thor would be game-breaking if they came back. A lot of newer players don’t realize quite how broken they were. There’s a <10 hit kill of RoL WS with a 4 star Thor on yt. </p>

Yea and it didn't even require much skill.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    Mean while me :- Hope they return Namor or cull pre nerf