**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So where do you think Gambit (Horseman) stands in the current meta?

Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
I finished my 7.1 exploration yesterday and guess what, pulled a 6* Gambit from nexus. Although I am so impressed with him that I will rank 2 him anyway but still would love to see community's thoughs on his usage.

I am just typing the content present in the game and is left for me and you have to select the number he is really useful for (except variants)

1) 7.2 (so far from beta)
2) Abyss
3) AQ (map 5/6+)
4) AW attack
5) Cav eq
6) ROL potion forming
Sorry for anything I have missed {also I run suicides(not completely yet but will shift to complete in 2-3month) }

So where do you think Gambit (Horseman) stands in the current meta? 37 votes

1-2
10%
Cr7ms7rs7Wine_Lover30ishSH1FT3R 4 votes
3-4
51%
TerraeX12Xva23DphiliDonDudu2809Leathersmw2017Thoye3IronGladiator22A7madD1wHoitadoGr8TonyStarkChaosMax1012Rayaan_2000SantiagoEhsaanRekManSilver_GooseThePredator1001sswinnner_1INDIANHARMEET13 19 votes
5-6
21%
Captain_Pug30Speedro420ILLUSION8Maxwell24Destroy4589Danyal_39KablWill3808 8 votes
Even more u missed some
16%
Spity68manveertherealedricTheBestinTuakauTheGodfather39Sanjaysavithri3 6 votes

Comments

• Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I'm not very impressed with him. I have a 6* as well, only use him in arena.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    He's nice. Without horseman: he's got some nice damage but is extremely reliant on crits which is a bummer in addition to some bleed resistance and non-damage back on mediums. He also has some combat power rate and regen rate reduction during stuns which is quite handy.
    With the horseman ability, he's got an amazing perfect block ability and more damage which is still crit reliant. Additionally, this is where the his stun abilities synergises well allowing you to basically give the opponent less power per hit and reducing regen. This can come in quite handy with those energise nodes since you give less power and can perfect block any special.

This is the value I see in him. IMO, without the horseman ability/synegy, he wouldn't be my first choice for anything but with the horseman ability, he's a pretty solid addition to any roster. Unfortunately, I don't have Apoco and so am probably not valuing him as much as I should.

@KDSuperFlash10 is our resident Gambit expert.
  • Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    It looks like there aren't many people out here that appreciate true power of horseman gambit. I heavily agree that gambit on his own is not so impressive but with apoc, he is just a beast. That perfect block will let you be on 100% health on every fight on the path whether it be fury or Apoc. He crits quite often and so his sp2 is 40K + at rank 1 l1 (150K+ at rank 3)Even if doesn't, it's still above average.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/oVS1casypTc

I will keep sharing this until the end of time when it comes to Gambit. Without Apoc he has some solid utility and damage. With Apoc he gets even better.

Now does he do anything better than any other champ? Well, other than 100% perfect block as a Horseman, no. But does he do a lot that can help clear content? Yes. He's not top of the speed run legends, but he's by no means a mid tier champ either if you build around him. Sure you can argue that "He needs synergies so he's not good", but synergies are there to be used and are there to build a champ up, and when the synergy champs are also useful and fill gaps in a team, then I tend to find that argument kind of moot.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/DfoVi5zXmDo
    Gambit is amazing
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    5-6
    I love gambit. I have an unawaken 6* at rank 2. If I form a mutant t5cc, I’ll definitely rank 3 him. He claps so much content and that perfect block is so, so good. I take down the map 5 apoc boss with him consistently because he takes no block damage. Out of the 6 things you mentioned there’s only 1 he’s not good for and that’s abyss. He’s great for all the others.
  • Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    3-4
    If you haven't explored the old variants, he's sick for that because he counters the high attack values w perfect block.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Even more u missed some
    his perfect block is broken