Due to an issue with Alliance War Defense Tactic, we will be ending this Alliance War Season effective immediately. This current War will not count towards your Alliance War Season Score. War Season eligibility rewards will be reduced to 2 Wars in the Season.

We understand that this is not a perfect solution, but without the ability to remove or freeze the War Rating quick enough, the rest of our Alliance War season would be compromised.

This war will remain active, and in-game, you will still see the season until tomorrow. After we end the season tomorrow, we will be taking some time to collect data and remove the changes to the Alliance War Season score. Once that is complete, we will be able to send out Alliance War Season rewards.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Should MCoC Have an in game Trading System?

Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
I'm curious about thoughts on this... so it's poll time!

I have played other mobile games with an in game trade system and I thought they were brilliant. You could post a "wanted" ad or an "offer" ad with what you were willing to trade, the first person to respond got the deal. You couldn't do a direct trade with a single user, preventing abuse, and everyone in game could get involved. Do you guys believe MCoC would benefit from this?

An example of how it would work would be something a kin to posting an offer of 1 million gold for 500 units. The first person to reply with 500 units would get that 1 million gold.

I would suggest keeping the offers first come first serve without haggling, as some could use a bartering system as a loop hole for abuse. (IE posting a ridiculous offer, then making a deal with their alt account). Having open offers only would immediately prevent such abuse.

Should MCoC Have an in game Trading System? 69 votes

Yes
42% 29 votes
No
57% 40 votes

Comments

  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    I vote yes
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    edited October 2017
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

    I'm talking about taking the abuse ability out of it. Have you ever played sim city build it? They do what I described here.. you post an ad and the community can respond to it. The community would set values this way, and you could almost never trade with yourself... if you post a ridiculous offer it would either be claimed right away if it helped the other party, or completely ignored if it only helped yourself.

    I am actually quite surprised by people not liking this idea.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,809 ★★★★★
    The short answer is no. It would open up a whole host of issues, from boosting Accounts with multiples, to selling Items for real money, to begging and "stealing" (albeit the result of sharing Account Info). It's a bad idea all-round.
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    The short answer is no. It would open up a whole host of issues, from boosting Accounts with multiples, to selling Items for real money, to begging and "stealing" (albeit the result of sharing Account Info). It's a bad idea all-round.

    Just out of curiosity.. did you even read the post? The system I suggested would negate quite literally everything u said there lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,809 ★★★★★
    Not really. What's to stop someone from jumping on to another Account and accepting the offer?
  • RapRap Posts: 2,983 ★★★★
    Additionally, where is there data to support it would be a bad thing? There are always bad examples of anything...and the dupe account stuff happens now (pretty sure) and it is one of our greatest gifts as humans to be able to learn from mistakes and improve things...thank God Edison didn't just say, "****! It hasn't worked the at 129 times let's just give up!"
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    edited October 2017
    Not really. What's to stop someone from jumping on to another Account and accepting the offer?

    Easy.. the community. The system I am suggesting is the one sim city currently uses (or did when I played it lol)... quite literally within moments of a deal being offered it would be claimed. Our community is larger than sim city build it I believe... so it would happen even faster. If the offer is silly, it would hurt either your account or the alt account and thus.. police itself.

    To be able to cheat a system like this you would have to have perfect timing and extreme speed.. I actually tried it once with a buddy on sim city.. it was impossible.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,809 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    There are many reasons I think it's a bad idea. I'll just leave it at that.
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    There are many reasons I think it's a bad idea. I'll just leave it at that.

    Well I just proved your list of things wrong with a real world example... could you give me any others?
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    I'd rather have an actual working game, without intentional bugs and issues.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,081 ★★★★★
    The problem with the trading system you suggest is the platform MCOC was built on most likely would not be able to support such a system. This game is quite old and when the base code was constructed it in some ways limited the multiplayer interactions capabilities of the game. SIM was made with such a system in mind, the MCOC server system would not be capable of it.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    Not really. What's to stop someone from jumping on to another Account and accepting the offer?

    Easy.. the community. The system I am suggesting is the one sim city currently uses (or did when I played it lol)... quite literally within moments of a deal being offered it would be claimed. Our community is larger than sim city build it I believe... so it would happen even faster. If the offer is silly, it would hurt either your account or the alt account and thus.. police itself.

    To be able to cheat a system like this you would have to have perfect timing and extreme speed.. I actually tried it once with a buddy on sim city.. it was impossible.

    Can't people just trade between their accounts using two devices and is it even necessarily wrong that they shouldn't? You can already gift between accounts.

    My issue with the trading system is the possibility that it could be abused with a black market economy. You sort out a trade with someone that is so unattractive that no-one else will take it, but you negotiate different terms outside of the game i.e. pay me real money
  • Mrbeast6000Mrbeast6000 Posts: 450
    I wad thinking trade class catalyst
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    RedRooster wrote: »
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    Not really. What's to stop someone from jumping on to another Account and accepting the offer?

    Easy.. the community. The system I am suggesting is the one sim city currently uses (or did when I played it lol)... quite literally within moments of a deal being offered it would be claimed. Our community is larger than sim city build it I believe... so it would happen even faster. If the offer is silly, it would hurt either your account or the alt account and thus.. police itself.

    To be able to cheat a system like this you would have to have perfect timing and extreme speed.. I actually tried it once with a buddy on sim city.. it was impossible.

    Can't people just trade between their accounts using two devices and is it even necessarily wrong that they shouldn't? You can already gift between accounts.

    My issue with the trading system is the possibility that it could be abused with a black market economy. You sort out a trade with someone that is so unattractive that no-one else will take it, but you negotiate different terms outside of the game i.e. pay me real money

    No, they cannot, that's the point of the system I am suggesting. Could it theoretically be possible? Sure.. nothing is perfect. But to achieve that loop hole they would have to be lightning fast. As I said I actually tried this with a buddy to test exactly that out.. we could not do it.

    Once an item is posted for trade, the entire community would be able to accept the offer. Could you beat 1 million other people? Sure technically its possible.. but severely improbable.
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    edited October 2017
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Giftable inventory boom make it happen

    Ironically the gift system is much easier to abuse than my suggestion here and we already have that lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,809 ★★★★★
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    There are many reasons I think it's a bad idea. I'll just leave it at that.

    Well I just proved your list of things wrong with a real world example... could you give me any others?

    I could outline reasons, but I'm not interested in debating ad nauseum. The game is built on working for Resources for Accounts, by Accounts. Besides the obvious fair play issues, because I'm not convinced that system would be safe from the issues I've outlined, there is also the fact that it defeats the purpose of working for them. The security risks are there. I'm not convinced the possibility of selling Resources is not thwarted by that idea. Nor do I see it as impossible to boost one Account with the other. It's possible. The server is not likely capable of that system would be another reason, along with the fact that Resources are statistically tracked and limited for overall balance. From what I remember, there was once an Auction, and it led to several problems. To be perfectly honest, I think the idea invites all kinds of issues.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,081 ★★★★★
    This system could easily be abused, yes good deals would be snatched up by the community instantly but what if you posted a 2* starlord for a 5* dr.voodoo. No one would pick that offer up except for yourself if you have an alternate account. This also opens up doors for black market sales. Someone tells someone to post a 2* character for a 5* and they would trade them for a certain amount of money. Since no one in the community would give a 5* in exchange for a 2* there would be no way to stop this transaction
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    Sungj wrote: »
    This system could easily be abused, yes good deals would be snatched up by the community instantly but what if you posted a 2* starlord for a 5* dr.voodoo. No one would pick that offer up except for yourself if you have an alternate account. This also opens up doors for black market sales. Someone tells someone to post a 2* character for a 5* and they would trade them for a certain amount of money. Since no one in the community would give a 5* in exchange for a 2* there would be no way to stop this transaction

    I would assume it's not possible to trade champs as it would cause over lapping issues. (IE trading a champ they already have). However I can happily address the merit of your point...

    In the real world case it would be someone posting something like 2 level 1 health potions for 1000 units. You are correct, no one is going to take that offer. If someone did, it would probably send a red flag to the mods, who would then review it for abuse. If they accounts are connected, they could be banned as an exploiter. This is a much tougher thing to accomplish than the current ability to use alll your units in your alt account to send gift to your main account right now though.
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    There are many reasons I think it's a bad idea. I'll just leave it at that.

    Well I just proved your list of things wrong with a real world example... could you give me any others?

    I could outline reasons, but I'm not interested in debating ad nauseum. The game is built on working for Resources for Accounts, by Accounts. Besides the obvious fair play issues, because I'm not convinced that system would be safe from the issues I've outlined, there is also the fact that it defeats the purpose of working for them. The security risks are there. I'm not convinced the possibility of selling Resources is not thwarted by that idea. Nor do I see it as impossible to boost one Account with the other. It's possible. The server is not likely capable of that system would be another reason, along with the fact that Resources are statistically tracked and limited for overall balance. From what I remember, there was once an Auction, and it led to several problems. To be perfectly honest, I think the idea invites all kinds of issues.

    I am a bit perplexed.. did you just have my reply to this deleted somehow? I asked if you could give me a real answer other than "I think" or "I believe" because I had already provided you with a real world answer to your questions that you've seemingly just dismissed. Did you have this deleted?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,809 ★★★★★
    I didn't have anything deleted. I registered my views. If you start a Poll and ask people for their views, you really don't have much room to argue with the factual basis for those views. I haven't changed my mind, so I'm not debating it.
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    I didn't have anything deleted. I registered my views. If you start a Poll and ask people for their views, you really don't have much room to argue with the factual basis for those views. I haven't changed my mind, so I'm not debating it.

    "don't have much room to argue with factual basis"? Huh? I've told you 3-4 times now a game called sim city build it has this exact format and it works without issue. Are you willfully not reading this? lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,809 ★★★★★
    I read it. That doesn't mean anything for this game. Two totally different scenarios. Different games, different systems. When you start a Poll and ask people what they think, you can't just argue with them until they see things your way. I do not think they should make Trading possible. That's the end of my input. I'm moving on now.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,081 ★★★★★
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    I would assume it's not possible to trade champs as it would cause over lapping issues. (IE trading a champ they already have). However I can happily address the merit of your point...

    In the real world case it would be someone posting something like 2 level 1 health potions for 1000 units. You are correct, no one is going to take that offer. If someone did, it would probably send a red flag to the mods, who would then review it for abuse. If they accounts are connected, they could be banned as an exploiter. This is a much tougher thing to accomplish than the current ability to use alll your units in your alt account to send gift to your main account right now though.

    Okay, first question, if you don't involve champion trading in your system what is the point of it. Trading items are pointless because you can just buy them and people selling them for less than what they bought them for would just be stupid. If you meant that people trade resources like gold for units wouldn't kabam just implementing a straight up unit to resource converting system be better since it has no chance to be abused? Secondly, there would be no way for kabam to create an algorithm that fairly detects abuse of your proposed system. The sheer amount of offers that would go up alone and be taken would make it near impossible to accurately track . Besides that trading, there would be people taking advantage of new players that don't know much about the game and give them "deals" that are horrible but they might still take. These deals would be flagged and kabam would ban them but the new player did not do anything wrong. Finally, trading between accounts is not the only problem, the biggest problem, in fact, would be the off game market that would effectively ruin the game
Sign In or Register to comment.