**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I continue to be confused at the forum’s thought process

13»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Diabolic said:

Guilliotine even more ridiculous choice she is the least rework needed champion in the poll but she is going to second round i think kabam shouldn't do such kind of polls just rework champions worst to better start with classic iron man for example

Actually, I voted Guillotine, and the fact that she "needed it the least" factored into my decision. Of all the champs on the list, she's the one that had the most interesting launching point for a buff to me. And as a champ people think is "mediocre" instead of "dumpster fire" she needs the most help to get updated. The others are definitely going to get updated eventually with or without my help.

Of course, Ant-man is going to win. The power gamers are going to want to update an oft-used synergy champ, and the casual players are going to vote for the champ with the most name recognition and he's the only champ on the list that has a lot of MCU visibility. It is going to be hard to neutralize that advantage in an open vote. But I figure if I can help push Guillotine into round two, that will help draw attention to her in the long run.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Diabolic said:

Guilliotine even more ridiculous choice she is the least rework needed champion in the poll but she is going to second round i think kabam shouldn't do such kind of polls just rework champions worst to better start with classic iron man for example

Actually, I voted Guillotine, and the fact that she "needed it the least" factored into my decision. Of all the champs on the list, she's the one that had the most interesting launching point for a buff to me. And as a champ people think is "mediocre" instead of "dumpster fire" she needs the most help to get updated. The others are definitely going to get updated eventually with or without my help.

Of course, Ant-man is going to win. The power gamers are going to want to update an oft-used synergy champ, and the casual players are going to vote for the champ with the most name recognition and he's the only champ on the list that has a lot of MCU visibility. It is going to be hard to neutralize that advantage in an open vote. But I figure if I can help push Guillotine into round two, that will help draw attention to her in the long run.
    Ant man is going to win this round, but as he didn’t get 50% or more votes, there’s a chance that everyone who didn’t vote ant man will band together and vote for guilly

DNA3000 said:

Diabolic said:

Ant man is going to win this round, but as he didn’t get 50% or more votes, there’s a chance that everyone who didn’t vote ant man will band together and vote for guilly
    That's certainly possible, but I'm not holding my breath. 83% of the people who did not vote Ant-Man would have to all shift to Guillotine for her to pull out the win. Not impossible, but seems to be a steep climb.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Diabolic said:

playing the long con I see
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Diabolic said:

That's certainly possible, but I'm not holding my breath. 83% of the people who did not vote Ant-Man would have to all shift to Guillotine for her to pull out the win. Not impossible, but seems to be a steep climb.
    you forget these people have to grind arena for voting in round 2

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Diabolic said:

Maybe they’ll be too busy trying to persuade people ant man is already good
  • Haunted_ghoštHaunted_ghošt Posts: 75
    edited April 2021
    Part of it is I like the character so naturally I’d like him to be good in game as well .
    Secondly I think if they do an animation swap and do well with it I think his abilities could make some really cool looking stuff .
    Thirdly I was stuck between AG AM and Guillotine I knew AG was gonna lose not much love for him in the community and Guilly was already R3-R4 material so I felt she needs more of a numbers bump kind of update than an overhaul and was scared they would give her the DD Netflix treatment lol @Hammerbro_64
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Diabolic said:

I mean so will the large casual player base who will probably go for Ant Man because recognizability so I would imagine if we took a survey of everyone like in the Hercules vs OS and then counted arena ballots, we would see a shift towards Guillotine in the arena ballots because the casuals wouldn’t grind that much if at all. Pure speculation but I can’t imagine it’s too much of a stretch.

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Diabolic said:

That fact is what makes the odds of a shift to Guillotine non-zero in the first place. Without this factor, the odds would be essentially zero. But 8899 people voted in the forum poll, while over a hundred thousand people grind at least a little arena, so I don't know how much of a bottleneck having to grind six arena milestones will be. The devs will almost certainly make those milestones trivial to get, because they want players engaged, and I would guess that means making them easy enough to not be a barrier to casual players giving it a shot.

DNA3000 said:

Diabolic said:

Usually, even longer than you might suspect.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★

How likely is the tag, Defensive, Tank be kept.

If so, maybe God Tier, AWD.

Some examples of champions buffed who were defensive class.

Hulk buster- great attacker (if his heavy was more consistent he’d be even better)

Colossus- rarely seen on defence, insane attacker without synergies, even more insane with synergies

Civil warrior- hardly a difficult defender, decent on attack

Spider Gwen- arguably a difficult defender due to evade, but also an incredibly good attacker

Venom- not a very difficult defender at all in general, he has some tough node combinations with power gain but easy to counter. He’s definitely an attacker.

This shows that Kabam can take a defensive tagged champion and rework them into an attacker.

Now some examples of champions with the defensive tag that are amazing on offence.

Immortal Abom

Apoc

Cap IW

Doom

Dragon man

Hyperion

Killmonger

Moleman

Nick fury

Sentinel

Sorcerer supreme

Spider-Ham

Stryfe

Void

Aarkus

Can you look at any of those champions and say that if Ant man was as useful as them on offence after the buff, you would be mad? Even if ant man ends up more annoying on defence, oh well. A lot of buffs make champions more difficult to deal with on defence, that’s how the game works with abilities. Magneto is harder after his buff, people don’t complain. Crossbones is harder after his buff, the game goes on.

Ant man will be better for the buff, he will get some offensive abilities and sure, he may be more difficult on defence. But I don’t mind, there will be counters to him and I will be glad he has a place on my offence.
    Great point! Thank you for pointing this out, but look at all the science champs you have just listed, and the rest of the science class. The mystic class definitely needs some love.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Diabolic said:

All the unseen length is just methylated around a histone

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Diabolic said:

All the unseen length is just methylated around a histone
    I am not generally known for poor transcription velocity.

Hulk buster- great attacker (if his heavy was more consistent he’d be even better)

Colossus- rarely seen on defence, insane attacker without synergies, even more insane with synergies

Spider Gwen- arguably a difficult defender due to evade, but also an incredibly good attacker

Venom- not a very difficult defender at all in general, he has some tough node combinations with power gain but easy to counter. He’s definitely an attacker.

This shows that Kabam can take a defensive tagged champion and rework them into an attacker.

Now some examples of champions with the defensive tag that are amazing on offence.

Immortal Abom

Apoc

Cap IW

Doom

Dragon man

Hyperion

Killmonger

Moleman

Nick fury

Sentinel

Sorcerer supreme

Spider-Ham

Stryfe

Void

Aarkus

Can you look at any of those champions and say that if Ant man was as useful as them on offence after the buff, you would be mad? Even if ant man ends up more annoying on defence, oh well. A lot of buffs make champions more difficult to deal with on defence, that’s how the game works with abilities. Magneto is harder after his buff, people don’t complain. Crossbones is harder after his buff, the game goes on.

Ant man will be better for the buff, he will get some offensive abilities and sure, he may be more difficult on defence. But I don’t mind, there will be counters to him and I will be glad he has a place on my offence.
    Great point! Thank you for pointing this out, but look at all the science champs you have just listed, and the rest of the science class. The mystic class definitely needs some love.
    My point really wasn’t about classes, it was about champion tags. Plus this is a smaller sample of the champions considered useful, namely those that are tagged defensive.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★

Immortal Abom

Apoc

Cap IW

Doom

Dragon man

Hyperion

Killmonger

Moleman

Nick fury

Sentinel

Sorcerer supreme

Spider-Ham

Stryfe

Void

Aarkus

My point really wasn’t about classes, it was about champion tags. Plus this is a smaller sample of the champions considered useful, namely those that are tagged defensive.
    Oh i know. Just mentioning how stacked the science class already is in comparison. The mystic class consists of having the same purpose in power control and immunity, for the majority. Would be great to see guilly bring something new with her souls that can perhaps utilize her blade for specific matchups.
  • KILLMФИGЕЯKILLMФИGЕЯ Posts: 122 ★★
    Let’s face it, Antmans buff won’t be good! Lol
    His synergy with ghost or nick fury are both amazing, so kabam won’t make him an attacker, it will be a defense/support buff with some utility to round out a team.
    He will continue to be brought along as synergy but never be used I guarantee it.

Kabam will not give us and amazing synergy champ AND a very strong attacker, it’s too much BUT I could be wrong, I just doubt it

His synergy with ghost or nick fury are both amazing, so kabam won’t make him an attacker, it will be a defense/support buff with some utility to round out a team.
    He will continue to be brought along as synergy but never be used I guarantee it.

Kabam will not give us and amazing synergy champ AND a very strong attacker, it’s too much BUT I could be wrong, I just doubt it

I aspire to have the levels of clairvoyance you clearly have.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    An idea I thought of months ago was have some Base Abilities, whatever they would be, with Debuffs being his Main Focus.

But have a Prefight Ability that let's you choose if you want to have Ant-Man or Giant-Man Abilities, if you go Ant-Man Mode you get Tiny Model Special Attacks and all of your Debuffs are Stat Reduction Types like Fatigue/Weakness/Concussion/Ect then if you choose Giant-Man Mode you get Huge Model Special Attacks amd all your Debuffs become Damage Boost Effects similar to Elsa Bloodstone's Busted Debuffs/Venom The Duck's Toxic Armor/Bonus Damage for every Debuff Applied/Ect (not saying have them be flat copies, just using them as an example).

So you have Solid Base Damage and Utility on Both Modes, then you choose which Debuff Type you what for Specific Fights then to keep it Balanced you could have Ant-man only able to Activate Giant-Man Mode every Other Fight due to it apparently being a Very Draining Process on the Body. (Or give some interesting crutch where you can use Giant-Man Mode whenever you wish but using it too many times in a row with make you Deal Damage to yourself on Every Hit)

Or if you want to make it more Complicated but fun give him Persistent Charges that let him use Pym Particles to Swap Modes Mid-Fight by Dashing Back and Holding Block or something.

I think Hood would like to dispute your theory of champion updates. The only reason we aren't playing a champion with an amazing synergy - with Ghost - and that is also a strong attacker is the players objected to the update destroying an important set of pre-existing use cases. Absent that, the devs seemed perfectly fine taking a champion with an even more amazing synergy with Ghost than Ant Man has and buffing it up to be a very powerful attacker.

The amateur game balance prognosticators attempting to predict champion updates are not doing all that well, actually. They look at things like tags and not the implementation trends or the developer imperatives which usually are rock solid on predicting at least direction if not degree. I would have thought Hulkbuster would have taught people to be more careful about such predictions, but that would be overly optimistic on my part.
  • KILLMФИGЕЯKILLMФИGЕЯ Posts: 122 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

I think Hood would like to dispute your theory of champion updates. The only reason we aren't playing a champion with an amazing synergy - with Ghost - and that is also a strong attacker is the players objected to the update destroying an important set of pre-existing use cases. Absent that, the devs seemed perfectly fine taking a champion with an even more amazing synergy with Ghost than Ant Man has and buffing it up to be a very powerful attacker.

The amateur game balance prognosticators attempting to predict champion updates are not doing all that well, actually. They look at things like tags and not the implementation trends or the developer imperatives which usually are rock solid on predicting at least direction if not degree. I would have thought Hulkbuster would have taught people to be more careful about such predictions, but that would be overly optimistic on my part.

Me and my duped 6* hope I am horribly wrong lol
    Hoods buff was an absolute disaster so I don’t know where you were going with that lol
    I’ve just noticed some of buffs lately have been kinda rushed and lazy for the sake of saying “we buffed them” on top of 2021 champs being insanely underwhelming! I just don’t see Antman getting a good enough buff to the point where he will actually be used on the ghost team.
    I’m personally hoping more so on the nick fury synergy team but maybe cause the last champ to win the pole was colossus, this buff will be amazing too *fingers crossed*
  • SmallTimeANTSmallTimeANT Posts: 216

You do know there are champs that have great synergies and are exceptional attackers in their own right, right?

DNA3000 said:

Me and my duped 6* hope I am horribly wrong lol
    Hoods buff was an absolute disaster so I don’t know where you were going with that lol
    Hood's buff was a disaster because the update removed certain use cases players had invested in. But even most of the people who opposed the buff acknowledged it made the champion into a much stronger attacker, which you claim Kabam would never allow for a champion with a strong synergy. Hood's update literally did what you claim Kabam would never do, but actually already did.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★

Some people are extremely salty over this and that ruins the fun of such polls and votes.

That's actually my favorite thing about these polls. I enjoy watching all the butthurt crybabies whine.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★

You realize the synergy he has with Nick Fury can also be achieved using the best character in the game instead of ant-man? If they can do that, I don’t see why they would make Ant-man not good cause he has good synergies
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    I mean you said it yourself, Nick Fury. He has some of the best synergies in game while still being too 2 skill champ by literally anybody’s list, so I don’t buy this idea that Kabam would make Ant-man’s buff underwhelming cause he has good synergies

I mean you said it yourself, Nick Fury. He has some of the best synergies in game while still being too 2 skill champ by literally anybody’s list, so I don’t buy this idea that Kabam would make Ant-man’s buff underwhelming cause he has good synergies

Great attackers sell crystals. Fury was new and players chased him but Antman's been around for a long time so they might think twice about giving away a big attack buff for free.

I'm aware of exceptions like Red Mags, Venom, Moleman, and Colossus...
    Kabam have buffed Hood, and they fully intended him to be a great attacker. Regardless of them having to revert him, he was supposed to be a much better attacker- meaning they don’t mind buffing powerful synergy partners.

Especially when you consider that of ghosts synergies, ant man probably has the least powerful one, 15% attack per buff is nice,but people generally prefer the insane utility hood provides, or the ease of firing unblockable specials from wasp.

Plus Nick already has the same synergy with a champion who ant man is never going to be better than, quake. There is no way ant man will be buffed to be better than her- but she still has this insane synergy.

You say Kabam might think twice about buffing ant man to be an insane attacker, I don’t think the fact he is a synergy partner has much bearing on it at all. Whether he is an insane attacker will depend on what kit they go with, the balance of the game in general, they won’t under-buff Ant man because he has a synergy with ghost and Nick.