**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Wolverine vs Pro-X vs Omega Red

ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
Apocolypse already r5 and I’m thinking to build a solid mutant team for questing. All are duped currently at r3 but I don’t have sig stone to invest in them currently. Which one you will give higher priority in rank up?

Wolverine vs Pro-X vs Omega Red 37 votes

Wolverine
18%
TerraUnsilentFireantAmztrak1_TotalMonster109Dawnbringer_1Demonic_embrace 7 votes
Pro-X
43%
RockypantherxLuke9523Kill_GreySarvanga1_OmedennParam1988Prakhar_82Danyal_39BollandGr8TonyStarkScrubhanReal_Madrid_76_2magnus_xixVinodCherryOEMVFun_tony1 16 votes
Omega Red
37%
mcnabb_kyleyuwMorpheus_123EtjamaBigKidScottyRenaxqqSparx265Ben_15455Rouger4CrcrcrcWill3808Boimaster69Dr_Frost420Barani7da 14 votes

Comments

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    1:1:1 vote now....
    edited May 2021
    Will3808 said:

Omega is by far the best out of this group even if you don’t run suicides. Invest all your sig stones, once you get more, into him. Horseman Wolverine is the second best. He is really good and sustainable but not as good as omega.

Thanks. I'll rank OR first.
  • Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    Pro-X
    Or is solid but you can't sleep on Prof X. I have never used OR myself but this is the utility I see in Prof X
    1) Miss counter
    2) Evade counter
    3) Thorns counter (Electric, Korg, Killmonger, etc as well)
    4) Immune to reverse control
    5) OP synergies for mutants
    6) Pretty standard Apocalypse mutant team member.
    7) Top 3 option for mutant eq
    8) One of the highest block proficiency in the whole game.

Damage : He defeats winter soldier in 100 hits (You get how many hits in his specials he has? 5 in his sp2 and 3 in his sp1. So if you breakdown in a rotation, you will come to notice that fact that a normal champion's one sp3 = 2 Sp2+3Sp1 of prox X = 25 HITS. You get how hard he hits right? (All of this data is based on 5/65 Prof X Without sucides.)

Talking about omega Red, he is solid but he doesn't look better than Prof X to me.

CONCLUSION : If you run suicides, it's OR. If you don't run suicides, it's Prof X.

Although I would love to be proved wrong by some OR experts but it's true OR(WITHOUT SUICIDES) is kinda over..... 💀🔫
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Pro-X

Or is solid but you can't sleep on Prof X. I have never used OR myself but this is the utility I see in Prof X
    1) Miss counter
    2) Evade counter

Damage : He defeats winter soldier in 100 hits (You get how many hits in his specials he has? 5 in his sp2 and 3 in his sp1. So if you breakdown in a rotation, you will come to notice that fact that a normal champion's one sp3 = 2 Sp2+3Sp1 of prox X = 25 HITS. You get how hard he hits right? (All of this data is based on 5/65 Prof X Without sucides.)

Talking about omega Red, he is solid but he doesn't look better than Prof X to me.

CONCLUSION : If you run suicides, it's OR. If you don't run suicides, it's Prof X.

Although I would love to be proved wrong by some OR experts but it's true OR(WITHOUT SUICIDES) is kinda over..... 💀🔫

This made me cry but it's true.

1) Miss counter
    2) Evade counter

Thanks for that. I will think again the rank up between OR vs Pro-X before the upcoming 22-hr level up event. I dun run suicide. Btw, is there any effective play style for pro-x? Such as fire SP1=>charge=>SP1…. Etc.? Thanks.
  • Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    Pro-X
    Reference said:

1) Miss counter
    2) Evade counter

Thanks for that. I will think again the rank up between OR vs Pro-X before the upcoming 22-hr level up event. I dun run suicide. Btw, is there any effective play style for pro-x? Such as fire SP1=>charge=>SP1…. Etc.? Thanks.
    Same as you mentioned. Visit Beroman on YouTube. It's like get just before an sp2 launch sp1 > charge>sp1>charge to build prowesses. Many like to go for sp3 afterwards. I find myself more comfortable by just going before sp3 when at 100 carebro charges, Lauch sp2>charge >sp2>charge>sp1>charges>sp1>charge. That's the rotation I like to use. Going to sp3 instead of sp1 spam in the first part is better for abyss.

Reference said:

1) Miss counter
    2) Evade counter

Same as you mentioned. Visit Beroman on YouTube. It's like get just before an sp2 launch sp1 > charge>sp1>charge to build prowesses. Many like to go for sp3 afterwards. I find myself more comfortable by just going before sp3 when at 100 carebro charges, Lauch sp2>charge >sp2>charge>sp1>charges>sp1>charge. That's the rotation I like to use. Going to sp3 instead of sp1 spam in the first part is better for abyss.
    Thanks for advice. I rank him up to r4, will r5 him next round.

• The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    Reference said:

Reference said:

1) Miss counter
    2) Evade counter

That's a really nice Rank-up!
    If you have someone apart from Apocalypse for your Mutant Questing team, he's definitely gonna be a great guy to take along with to Empower the team!

I'd like to give you a suggestion, more easier and damage focusing with Professor X.
    People probably would tell you get before an SP2 and Spam SP1.
    But here's exactly where I try something new. Climb another bar up, get close enough to get an SP3 (remember, not SP3, Close enough to get SP3). Assuming you reach all the way up using heavies (to build Mind control Charges), by now you must have 100 charges. Considering he uses only 70% of his power, Heavy-charge and cancel with a SP2.
    Spam those specials, after Heavy-cancelling, to build your prowess buffs. Don't mind using you SP1's too.

The Mind control lasts only 2.5 seconds. Heavy-Cancelling into Specials might be little time consuming, but it's totally worth it. Trying this again and again might help you get better at this trick.
    Use the actions to refresh and gain Prowess buffs wisely.

Reference said:

Reference said:

1) Miss counter
    2) Evade counter

If you have someone apart from Apocalypse for your Mutant Questing team, he's definitely gonna be a great guy to take along with to Empower the team!

I'd like to give you a suggestion, more easier and damage focusing with Professor X.
    But here's exactly where I try something new. Climb another bar up, get close enough to get an SP3 (remember, not SP3, Close enough to get SP3). Assuming you reach all the way up using heavies (to build Mind control Charges), by now you must have 100 charges. Considering he uses only 70% of his power, Heavy-charge and cancel with a SP2.
    Spam those specials, after Heavy-cancelling, to build your prowess buffs. Don't mind using you SP1's too.

The Mind control lasts only 2.5 seconds. Heavy-Cancelling into Specials might be little time consuming, but it's totally worth it. Trying this again and again might help you get better at this trick.
    Thanks for the guideline. I'm not so familiar with the play style of prof-x as I was given an impression that his play style is complex. Now I'll play him more and learnt his combat style.

Apart from Apoc at 5r5, I have Colossus at 5r5, Domino at 5r5, Red Mag at 6r2, AA at 5r4, Iceman at 5r4. After Pro-X become 5r5 I will probably focus on either OR or Wolve.
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Reference said:

Reference said:

Reference said:

1) Miss counter
    2) Evade counter

Thanks for the guideline. I'm not so familiar with the play style of prof-x as I was given an impression that his play style is complex. Now I'll play him more and learnt his combat style.

Apart from Apoc at 5r5, I have Colossus at 5r5, Domino at 5r5, Red Mag at 6r2, AA at 5r4, Iceman at 5r4. After Pro-X become 5r5 I will probably focus on either OR or Wolve.
    Damn, that's an amazing set of Mutants!
    Both Omega Red and Wolverine are great with suicides.
    If you can't sig much as of now, Wolverine could be great.
    Trust me, that Horseman Wolverine is just madness.