**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Venom Buffing!

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
Venom is an outstanding comic character. In game he’s bad! Let’s try to fix it…

1. let’s remove a few things. Cruelty and Armor. These buffs are basically lesser versions of his Fury and Physical resistance buffs. Armor DOES help reduce energy damage but it does both poorly.
2. Make the odds 2/5 for fury and physical resist and 1/5 for crit chance to keep the same general ratio

3. SPIDERS BEWARE: If your name has “Spider” in it, your evasion means NOTHING!!!

4. Increase his Bleed chance and lower the damage to not upset the balance too much but help his signature a bit.

5. Passive regen a LITTLE BIT! Something similar to Angela would be perfect! Or maybe his attacks that leave a bleed can Life-Steal a little?

5. Candidate for Carry-Over:
When he knocks out an opponent his Buffs gain a increase until the quest ends or he dies making him a snowball champion who if he picks off a few weaker symbiotes could end up as an essential weapon against the boss.

7. He takes DOUBLE Incinerate damage due to his unique biology and loses ALL block proficiency while under its effects.

8. His unique biology helps him heal other damaging debuffs by 20%. Stat lowering debuffs have 40% reduced potency.

Comments

• As far as cosmics go I find venom to be one of the more difficult opponents as is. Unlike Groot, SIM, Ms/captain marvel, venompool, symbiots etc. He generally hits hard at all times and even most mystics struggle keeping his buffs from quickly becoming a problem. Add that to the fact his specials and basic attacks inflict bleed and he's one of the top cosmic defenders in the game. Most definitely the hardest regular opponent on the cosmic AQ paths.

Hard to see the reason he needs any adjustments when you think of champions like kk, psylocke, collossus, and 70% of the science champion line up.

Besides Hyperion it's hard to think of any cosmic champions that aren't rendered nearly useless against almost any mystic. All he needs is one cruelty and one precision buff and a single combo from him on map 5 of AQ and any r4 and non mystic r5 is going to be hurt if not outright dead.

I think the idea's are great, just possibly better off given to a champion that's already unquestionably horrible.
  • I like the 3rd point: Spider-Beware
    In the comics Venom does have no effect on Spider-Man's Spidersense. Therefore it would be great to have Venom ignoring passive evades.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,237 ★★★★★
    These seem like some pretty extreme changes. I'm not entirely sure if it would be considered a buff or a nerf. Number 3 would be a game changer, and that would have some pretty extreme effects. Not sure if that one would even be viable. I appreciate that you're sharing ideas, though.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Maybe instead of completely ignoring evade he just reduces the chance like AV? But I think he’d be fine if his replicate was improved. He was the first champ that could replicate abilities but became mediocre with the addition of rogue and Loki who have a 100% to replicate/steal buffs and take more of them too. I think venom should have a 100% chance to replicate on all 3 specials and copy 2 effects on sp1, 3 on sp2 and 4 on sp4. Would make him much more useful and fun to use imo. The carry over thing might be a nice addition too.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,349 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    The usual understated buff suggestions, @Mr_Otter! 😀

1 - I agree with getting rid of armour, as the symbiotes are all supposed to be vulnerable to energy, but wood day that cruelty serves a different purpose then Fury.

3 - Spidey's evasion relies on speed and agility, not just a spider sense. If buffed, venom should (for fairly obvious reasons) have the same evasion reduction as Agent Venom.

4 - Fine.

5 - Maybe, but what's he going to give up for it? Reduced health or attack is the cost most champs pay for regeneration. I'd rather have the health. Unless this is the pay-off for change 7 (Incinerate vulnerability).

6 - Unfortunately the same would have to hold for characters like Black Bolt, Groot, Carnage, Angela... Where would it end? Suddenly the characters who sprout buffs are all king (and Dr Strange becomes vastly more useful again!)

7 - sounds about right. I've suggested similar for Namor in the character Wishlist.

8 - possibly, but it would probably have to replace his existing Sig, and this just makes him more and more like AV. At this stage in his character development, Venom was more about gaining power than overcoming obstacles. AV's Tenacity is due to the Symbiote enhancing Flash Thompson's military training and discipline; which Eddie Brock didn't have.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    The usual understated buff suggestions, @Mr_Otter! 😀

1 - I agree with getting rid of armour, as the symbiotes are all supposed to be vulnerable to energy, but wood day that cruelty serves a different purpose then Fury.

3 - Spidey's evasion relies on speed and agility, not just a spider sense. If buffed, venom should (for fairly obvious reasons) have the same evasion reduction as Agent Venom.

4 - Fine.

5 - Maybe, but what's he going to give up for it? Reduced health or attack is the cost most champs pay for regeneration. I'd rather have the health. Unless this is the pay-off for change 7 (Incinerate vulnerability).

6 - Unfortunately the same would have to hold for characters like Black Bolt, Groot, Carnage, Angela... Where would it end? Suddenly the characters who sprout buffs are all king (and Dr Strange becomes vastly more useful again!)

7 - sounds about right. I've suggested similar for Namor in the character Wishlist.

8 - possibly, but it would probably have to replace his existing Sig, and this just makes him more and more like AV. At this stage in his character development, Venom was more about gaining power than overcoming obstacles. AV's Tenacity is due to the Symbiote enhancing Flash Thompson's military training and discipline; which Eddie Brock didn't have.

1. Fury is MUCH more valuable than Cruelty. Use Scarlet Witch and you’ll see what I mean

3. Hmm AV does it for all Evade champions including Nightcrawler and Mesmerize nodes. I’d like to see it at LEAST 60% and only on spiders.

4. Glad we agree here.

5. True… I was hoping for a small regen similar to OML, Angela or Fixit. Just to mitigate the block damage a bit but I’m willing to drop it.

6. Carry over is still new. But perhaps it could work with his #5 regen? Or fuel his debuff shrugging!

7. Kryptonite!

8. Expanding on #6 depending on the carry over charges he gains 4% Damaging Debuff closing and 8% Passive Debuff potency Reduction (20 and 40 percent max respectively)
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    As far as cosmics go I find venom to be one of the more difficult opponents as is. Unlike Groot, SIM, Ms/captain marvel, venompool, symbiots etc. He generally hits hard at all times and even most mystics struggle keeping his buffs from quickly becoming a problem. Add that to the fact his specials and basic attacks inflict bleed and he's one of the top cosmic defenders in the game. Most definitely the hardest regular opponent on the cosmic AQ paths.

Hard to see the reason he needs any adjustments when you think of champions like kk, psylocke, collossus, and 70% of the science champion line up.

Besides Hyperion it's hard to think of any cosmic champions that aren't rendered nearly useless against almost any mystic. All he needs is one cruelty and one precision buff and a single combo from him on map 5 of AQ and any r4 and non mystic r5 is going to be hurt if not outright dead.

I think the idea's are great, just possibly better off given to a champion that's already unquestionably horrible.

I agree but it’s hard to provide buffs for 1-dimension junk champs when a middle of the road champ can become viable for questing or he a better defender with a few small but effective tweaks (I did modify my original ideas in the comment above)
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    The best idea I can think of without reading through any other idea here is expanding his ability to replicate buffs. Maybe through Heavy attacks. His awakening is nothing special either.