**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How would you guys feel about removing ISO-8 from the game?

2»

Comments

• Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    So, there will be no level up events? That sucks, easy lvl 1 revive and 25 units every 4 days will be gone.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    Keep ISO-8
    I see where you're coming from, but the way I see it is that there is always an "unnecessary stumbling block". It's just that it changes depending on where you are, progression-wise. For me, it's mostly t1a and t4b. I have both Gold and ISO up over my ears and I constantly earn t2a and t5b from the content I play, but t1a and t4b are just annoying to find. I don't really earn it naturally, at least not in enough quantity.

Does that mean I think we should remove them from the game? No. I think they could become a lot more accessible to people like me, but I see no need to change the fundamental structure of the game for that to occur.

Just put more of it in. Problem solved.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Keep ISO-8

Honestly it's really annoying so I just want to know if people would want it completely removed. Maybe instead it costs a little more to rank up champions.
    Without iso it would make it so that instead of using iso to level up, when you hit rank up with the appropriaye resources on a champion, they instantly hit the new level and rank, and are ready to rank up again without using iso. Just wondering

I understand it's a Monday, but there really is a time and a place to be drinking and this isn't it.
  • Options
    Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
    Keep ISO-8

Honestly it's really annoying so I just want to know if people would want it completely removed. Maybe instead it costs a little more to rank up champions.
    Without iso it would make it so that instead of using iso to level up, when you hit rank up with the appropriaye resources on a champion, they instantly hit the new level and rank, and are ready to rank up again without using iso. Just wondering

I hope this is a joke

• Options
    Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    Keep ISO-8
    This would throw off several ingame functions for no reason, less value in dupes, specific quest, many people sell it for gold, if you never get it where will that gold come from. There’s the level up event, it’s even in certain rewards and it’s based around the story of the game, bad idea.
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Other
    get more iso when you dupe 6 stars or 5 stars
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Keep ISO-8
    That wouldn't solve the issue people have. It would open up several more. We would be back here in 6 months, or a year's time, with people wanting to remove Cats, and Gold, and any other Resource that's needed to Rank.
    Resource management is a part of the game. There's always going to be something that we run out of. It's inevitable, and it's shifted over time. That limiting Resource is what paces growth overall in the game. Without it, there is no way the game could keep up with the progress. Lower Players would never grow, higher Players would never have anything to work towards, and middle Players would be in limbo. The Devs wouldn't be able to keep up with the content either.
    As long as people choose to only focus on the highest Rarities, they're going to run out of Resources too fast.
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Other

• Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Nah, I'd rather remove (or lessen the requirement of) some of the cats that make bottlenecks difficult for Kabam to manage, and more confusing for noobs to navigate.

At this point in the game, T2A, T5B, and T5CC should be the main focus/bottlenecks. Without those, you only get to 5r3/4r5 -- what's that in the current meta? Not much, lol.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,683 Guardian
    I think it would be simpler if they just got rid of ranks. No more ranks, no need for ISO or catalysts. You just get the champ, it starts at rank 1, and you're done.

Yes, that's a joke. I'm making my joke face now.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I think it would be simpler if they just got rid of ranks. No more ranks, no need for ISO or catalysts. You just get the champ, it starts at rank 1, and you're done.

Yes, that's a joke. I'm making my joke face now.

Remove all the champs. Too much rng makes getting them stressful. You just need to enter a quest, go to a defender and tap on them till they die Talking Tom style.
    PS: I am hoping someone will say remove the game, no stress at all. :D
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Remove ISO-8
    Well I'm just saying from a theoretical point of view if ISO-8 was never invented and we only used catalysts to rank things up it would be a whole lot easier
  • Options
    Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    Keep ISO-8
    Username checks out
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,683 Guardian

Well I'm just saying from a theoretical point of view if ISO-8 was never invented and we only used catalysts to rank things up it would be a whole lot easier

No it wouldn't. I think you have game development backwards. We don't have to expend effort leveling up champions because the game developers invented ISO. The game developers invented ISO because they wanted us to level up champions. The resources in the game exist because the game developers explicitly wanted the game to have resource management as a core gameplay component. That's why we have gold, ISO, catalysts, and sig stones. The game has a combat fighting part, and it has this resource management part.

ISO just fills a need that leveling itself created. The only way to magically erase ISO from the game with a time machine is to somehow erase the notion of leveling from the game developers mind. And if you somehow did that, they would have redirected that effort somewhere else. Instead of needing ISO to level and cats to rank up, we'd probably have to do a lot more rank ups instead, and chase more varieties of catalysts to do so.

The developers don't decide to make ISO and cats, step back, and then whatever effort that puts on the players, that's it. The effort we expend in the game has all been engineered into the game. It would be just as hard to fully max out champions if ISO didn't exist. That effort would just have been added by the devs in some other way. That's their actual job.
  • Options
    LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    Keep ISO-8

but make it easier to attain. maybe put some in arena

I get most my iso from arenas all of it is indirect but I get premium shards from the milestones and those turn into iso when I dupe champions
  • Options
    LeStMn92LeStMn92 Posts: 119
    Remove ISO-8
    Iso needs to be more streamlined. It's ridiculous how much it takes to level up 6*s yet you get the same iso for duping 5 and 6*s as you do a 4*. They seriously need to update 5* duping to 48 t5 iso, and 6* to incorporate T6 Iso for Duped and it'd be more balanced. The fact a 4* dupe levels up a 4* a boat load yet a 6* dupe gets me maybe 4 levels on my 6*
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Remove ISO-8
    I honestly can do without iso 8 if it cost a little more gold to rank up champs.
  • Options
    Praneeth_SP616Praneeth_SP616 Posts: 53
    Keep ISO-8

Aburaees said:

Remove gold, keep iso and catalysts.

Dang that's even crazier than my idea
    😂Yeah