**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Members taking AQ bosses with Links on

Hi guys, hope everyone is keeping well during these trying times.

I just had a small doubt regarding the happenings in my alliance. I do not know if I’m right to think this or I’m wrong but I just wanted to discuss it with my fellow community mates and have a wholesome discussion 😊

The thing was that some of the members were going/trying to go for the bosses with links still on them. My reasoning was that it should not be made to do so because I personally felt it must be insulting to the people who was on that path waiting for his energy to refill and on top of that it showcases a lack of communication & teamwork between bg mates.

They do use the Corvus time out method that people stand by always but doesn’t that mean they don’t have the patience to wait for their mates to finish up the paths?

I’m not sure if I’m right or wrong. But I was feeling that it should not be encouraged. Please do throw in your thoughts and ideas. 😊

Comments

• KdRa_IIKdRa_II Posts: 86
    edited May 2021
    Great to hear from everyone 😊 thanks for the replies and highly respect everyone’s opinions.

Although I just wanted to add that doesn’t it feel insulting to the whole bg and the person whose link is up that the said person couldn’t wait for a bg mate to finish his line? I’m just talking with a healthy team building motive.
    @ItsDamien @Aburaees @Zan0
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    KdRa_II said:

Great to hear from everyone 😊 thanks for the replies and highly respect everyone’s opinions.

Although I just wanted to add that doesn’t it feel insulting to the whole bg and the person whose link is up that the said person couldn’t wait for a bg mate to finish his line? I’m just talking with a healthy team building motive.

Sometimes it might, but I can think of reasons not to take it personally, for example:

• sometimes it just helps the rest of the BG use their energy to progress if they’re waiting on one person (sometimes life gets in the way)

• sometimes a link will help assist the boss killer, like a regen that can be reversed, or an all or nothing link that I found useful for smashing human torch with stealth Spidey (torch couldn’t build up his smoulders before I killed him)

For me it’s situational.
    Thanks a lot for the responses guys. @ItsDamien @-sixate- @Zan0 @Aburaees @YoMoves @BlackTuran
    It was great to hear everyone’s reasoning.

Also apologies for taking everyone’s time on this post. It was just bugging me as of late that’s why thought of seeking the council of my fellow community mates here.

Hope everyone stays safe and well!
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Me and my Bg mate always take minis nodded so we can move to next section asap . It's a good thing since people can quickly move once they have energy rather than waiting for someone to take down mini later.
    Aburaees said:

😜

Lol 😂 that’s true
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
    Ive been on alliances where, if done after being warned not to, will get you kicked. Have I done it? A few times, but only with nodes that I know I can overcome.
    I do, however, think that its bad form. If you lose a champ because you couldn't wait you're going to screw the rest of the BG
  • XanderayneXanderayne Posts: 29
    edited May 2021
    Nitro422 said:

Ive been on alliances where, if done after being warned not to, will get you kicked. Have I done it? A few times, but only with nodes that I know I can overcome.
    I do, however, think that its bad form. If you lose a champ because you couldn't wait you're going to screw the rest of the BG

This statement may be a bit to generalized as it depends on the fight. Are you fighting Apoc with a non robot champion and giving him his 4th persistent charge? Yes, this would negatively impact the rest of the BG. Are you attacking a mini that doesn't not gain any additional challenge if you fail? This does not hurt the BG, unless...

It may impact your personal item use - again, could be an issue, or not. Are you out of items? If not then there is no negative impact to the remainder of the BG.

I regularly will attempt mini's / Apoc with links up to test myself (map 6), but will only do so if I am sure it will not negatively impact the rest of the BG. I don't think there is any harm in doing so provided you examine the impacts prior.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    Zan0 said:

If you can take a mini noded. Why shouldn't you?

agree !
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★
    KdRa_II said:

No since if I’m gone sleep and know I’m can take it I’m take. It also it help everyone so I’m don’t se it as insulation at all
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    If somebody gets team-wiped or makes the fight harder due to stupid decisions, that's certainly a problem. An easily rectifiable one.

If they take down a noded boss no probs tho, that's a pat on the back from me. Used to do it myself with Quake-able fights, usually because I needed to sleep and there was basically no risk.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★
    Nitro422 said:

Then you hav to paid the price with use a revies and so one.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I mean you are looking at it as them not having the patience for people to finish up their paths but not from maybe they can’t definitely return in order to down the boss. They made it their first and if they have stuff to do and don’t want to come back let them do it(especially if they can).

I used to do this all the time honestly. About to go do something with the wife/kids. Finish path, take down the boss or take out a solid 50% or greater because I won’t be back most likely and don’t want to leave everyone hanging with nothing pitched in on the boss depending on maps being played.

End of day if they take the boss linked and don’t harm in any way then it doesn’t matter. I know some people still get hung up on look at my AQ score but in reality the rewards are what you want. Everything else doesn’t matter.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Lol, I’ve been fighting liked AQ and AW bosses for years.

If you’re not happy with your alliance , leave and find one that works for you.
    Timone147 said:

I mean you are looking at it as them not having the patience for people to finish up their paths but not from maybe they can’t definitely return in order to down the boss. They made it their first and if they have stuff to do and don’t want to come back let them do it(especially if they can).

I used to do this all the time honestly. About to go do something with the wife/kids. Finish path, take down the boss or take out a solid 50% or greater because I won’t be back most likely and don’t want to leave everyone hanging with nothing pitched in on the boss depending on maps being played.

End of day if they take the boss linked and don’t harm in any way then it doesn’t matter. I know some people still get hung up on look at my AQ score but in reality the rewards are what you want. Everything else doesn’t matter.

Agreed 😊
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I take minis and boss linked all the time, there is no issue lol.

I take minis and boss linked all the time, there is no issue lol.

Thanks for the reply and opinion bro 😊 appreciate
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I don't think it necessarily matters unless attempting it results in making life more difficult for the BG. If you try it and fluff your lines and then can't complete AQ then that's a problem, but if your members have some conflicting schedules it can often be required to complete AQ in good time and then whoever the slow coaches are can catch up at their leisure.