**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Upgrade 7.2 rewards before release!

DreanicaDreanica Posts: 22
edited May 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I was very excited for 7.2, and am still looking forward to the content itself, but the rewards are pretty much copy/paste of 7.1. Same completion rewards. For exploration, low amount next level resources that many won't care about, and a 25% crystal. Bump it up a little more. Most new chapters saw a pretty good increase in rewards than the last, for the time they were released. Story quests are the best, make it more juicy. Anyone else have thoughts how kabam can bump them up a bit?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    For the effort, the rewards are likely ok. I think we need to wait for the Gwenmaster and see how hard it is. If it’s insanely hard then maybe the rewards aren’t balanced for it. I can’t imagine it being awful though
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    The rewards are fine they represent the difficulty very well. But it's far too easy. 6.2 was harder than 6.1, but 7.2 is the same as 7.1.... I wish they would actually make 7.2 hard. Then we could get good rewards
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

For the effort, the rewards are likely ok. I think we need to wait for the Gwenmaster and see how hard it is. If it’s insanely hard then maybe the rewards aren’t balanced for it. I can’t imagine it being awful though

Just out of curiously, would you consider the current grandmaster insanely hard? Pre-nerf Champion? I’m wondering what your point of reference is.

My disappointment stems in part from resource/power creep. More shards and resources are available now than were in December when 7.1 came out. This means that the same rewards have diminished impact and value compared to the 7.1 rewards upon their release. 25% t5cc is a minor letdown when you’ve also handed out a new variant and you’re giving out monthly nexuses. I really hoped for a 25 and a 10, or for 2% crystals to be path rewards.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

Just out of curiously, would you consider the current grandmaster insanely hard? Pre-nerf Champion? I’m wondering what your point of reference is.
    If Gwen master was the same level as grandmaster I’d say the rewards are worth it. Any harder and I’d be a little disappointed with the rewards

And if you look at 6.4 rewards and 7.2 rewards. 7.2 are better overall, which fits with the natural progression of the game.

3x the amount of t5cc

More 6* shards, plus a 6* nexus.

• Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    With the carina challenges having just dropped surely any thronebreaker ready to explore 7.2 is satisfied with the extra 6* shards injection. 7.1 rewards were great, so are these.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

If Gwen master was the same level as grandmaster I’d say the rewards are worth it. Any harder and I’d be a little disappointed with the rewards

And if you look at 6.4 rewards and 7.2 rewards. 7.2 are better overall, which fits with the natural progression of the game.

3x the amount of t5cc

Two things.
    1) Gm is a hard fight. If the gwenmaster fight is the same diffculty as gm, then the rewards need a bump for sure. I know people will come after me and say, gm is a skill based fight and you are exactly right. But, it is a skill learned through practice. Easy fights are those that can be done without any practice. I don't know of anyone who has soloed the grandmaster on the first try.
    2) Why are you comparing 6.4 to 7.2? There was 7.1 released in the middle. Shouldn't that be the point of reference for the rewards?
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

TyEdge said:

3x the amount of t5cc

Two things.
    1) Gm is a hard fight. If the gwenmaster fight is the same diffculty as gm, then the rewards need a bump for sure. I know people will come after me and say, gm is a skill based fight and you are exactly right. But, it is a skill learned through practice. Easy fights are those that can be done without any practice. I don't know of anyone who has soloed the grandmaster on the first try.
    2) Why are you comparing 6.4 to 7.2? There was 7.1 released in the middle. Shouldn't that be the point of reference for the rewards?
    1) I think rewards are more than worth the difficulty for 7.1 and 7.2. It’s easier than 6.4, and has better rewards. I’m ok with whatever rewards they offer for 7.1 and 2 since it’s easier

2) oh I’m only comparing 6.4 and 7.2 due the the grandmaster similarity. They will be similar fights and presumably similar difficulties. 7.2 is easier than 6.4, and if the final boss is the same difficulty then the rewards are good for 7.2, but are better than 6.4 because it fits in with the progression of the game
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

TyEdge said:

3x the amount of t5cc

Two things.
    1) I think rewards are more than worth the difficulty for 7.1 and 7.2. It’s easier than 6.4, and has better rewards. I’m ok with whatever rewards they offer for 7.1 and 2 since it’s easier

2) oh I’m only comparing 6.4 and 7.2 due the the grandmaster similarity. They will be similar fights and presumably similar difficulties. 7.2 is easier than 6.4, and if the final boss is the same difficulty then the rewards are good for 7.2, but are better than 6.4 because it fits in with the progression of the game
    I am baffled by this argument from many players. If you say more difficult content needs more rewards, then 6.4 should have better rewards than 7.1. But, that is not how it works though. Book 2 is an entirely new beast and we know why Kabam took the decision.
    If difficulty alone determines rewards, act 6 will have better rewards than abyss. But, that is not the case. It depends on the value of the materials offered. What 6 stars were worth when 6.4 came out is not even close to what they are worth now. The new shiny item has moved on to T5cc and R4 materials if we are to believe some people. So, why are the completion rewards kept the same?
    We are almost in a similar steps in ladder, albeit I am several steps below in terms of progression. But, I also don't care if they increase the amount or not. But, there is actually no real justification for keeping the rewards the same. 6.3 was way easier than 6.2, the rewards were still increased. So, I don't know how this can be justified if the difficulty is kept the same.
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Also, I couldn't see the path rewards. I know it says there are new chests but I'd like to hope that, like in 7.1, there are rewards on each path (gold, t2a, t5b, units, 6* shards) that replaced each maps explorations rewards. Those really added up, so who knows maybe slightly tweaks values there and maybe t5cc too - won't know until it drops I guess.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

TyEdge said:

3x the amount of t5cc

Two things.

I am baffled by this argument from many players. If you say more difficult content needs more rewards, then 6.4 should have better rewards than 7.1. But, that is not how it works though. Book 2 is an entirely new beast and we know why Kabam took the decision.
    If difficulty alone determines rewards, act 6 will have better rewards than abyss. But, that is not the case. It depends on the value of the materials offered. What 6 stars were worth when 6.4 came out is not even close to what they are worth now. The new shiny item has moved on to T5cc and R4 materials if we are to believe some people. So, why are the completion rewards kept the same?
    We are almost in a similar steps in ladder, albeit I am several steps below in terms of progression. But, I also don't care if they increase the amount or not. But, there is actually no real justification for keeping the rewards the same. 6.3 was way easier than 6.2, the rewards were still increased. So, I don't know how this can be justified if the difficulty is kept the same.
    The rewards were increased in 7.2 though. Just not to the degree of the usual ridiculous player expectations. People keep complaing there isn't enough t5cc available in the game. There's an extra 25% for this chapter. People complained that you couldn't even earn a small amount of the R4 resources when they sold it. They added a small amount to this chapter. Still nothing but complaints. It's almost like a lot of players just like to complain even when they're given the things they keep asking for.
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

TyEdge said:

3x the amount of t5cc

Two things.

The rewards were increased in 7.2 though. Just not to the degree of the usual ridiculous player expectations. People keep complaing there isn't enough t5cc available in the game. There's an extra 25% for this chapter. People complained that you couldn't even earn a small amount of the R4 resources when they sold it. They added a small amount to this chapter. Still nothing but complaints. It's almost like a lot of players just like to complain even when they're given the things they keep asking for.
    I am talking specifically on the completion rewards. They are exactly the same as 7.1. I have no issue with the exploration rewards because the argument there is we get r4 materials. But, overall I am ok with the increase in exploration rewards.
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,110 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

OGAvenger said:

You know what I’ve never understood? People who come on the forums and say “no, please I don’t want more rewards”.....lol like how does it affect you? What does it matter if 1million people have a r3 or just 1 person has a r3?

Okay that might be a bit extreme, but tell me how 5k more 6* shards, some more iso/gold maybe, a couple more t2a, a couple more sig stones maybe, and maybe a little more t5b are REALLY affecting you?

Like I just don’t understand the mentality....”NO GOD PLEASE DONT GIVE ME 25k 6* SHARDS! I CAN ONLY HAVE 19k AND IF I CAN ONLY HAVE 19k THEN SO SHOULD EVERYONE ELSE!”

I mostly take issue with people who deal with it as absolutes, like op. "I was looking forward to 7.2 because I expected xyz, but its only xy so I am outraged and not looking forward to it at all!"
    That’s a pretty decent way of putting it and I can understand that. And I will say mine is more directed at the same dozen or so who will argue to the death with someone that they don’t need those 5k more 6* shards lol

However, I am still thoroughly excited for 7.2 release because I love story content. Do I think the rewards should be a little bit better? Absolutely. But I will be still be there on day 1 regardless I suppose
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,110 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

OGAvenger said:

You know what I’ve never understood? People who come on the forums and say “no, please I don’t want more rewards”.....lol like how does it affect you? What does it matter if 1million people have a r3 or just 1 person has a r3?

Okay that might be a bit extreme, but tell me how 5k more 6* shards, some more iso/gold maybe, a couple more t2a, a couple more sig stones maybe, and maybe a little more t5b are REALLY affecting you?

Like I just don’t understand the mentality....”NO GOD PLEASE DONT GIVE ME 25k 6* SHARDS! I CAN ONLY HAVE 19k AND IF I CAN ONLY HAVE 19k THEN SO SHOULD EVERYONE ELSE!”

I mostly take issue with people who deal with it as absolutes, like op. "I was looking forward to 7.2 because I expected xyz, but its only xy so I am outraged and not looking forward to it at all!"
    Also I will back OP to some extent he did say “I was looking forward to 7.2 because of xyz. I’m still looking forward to it even though we’re only getting xy but z really should be there”
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

Odachi said:

OGAvenger said:

That’s a pretty decent way of putting it and I can understand that. And I will say mine is more directed at the same dozen or so who will argue to the death with someone that they don’t need those 5k more 6* shards lol

However, I am still thoroughly excited for 7.2 release because I love story content. Do I think the rewards should be a little bit better? Absolutely. But I will be still be there on day 1 regardless I suppose
    It's the same 100 or so people who are the same ones that complain about the rewards every single time as well. There's at least 5 people I can name right now that every single time content/rewards are announced that they aren't happy with rewards.

As one of the dozen you are referring to, it's not about us not wanting extra rewards. it's about the principle of "content to rewards" this game has been based on since it's release. We're only saying that based on the difficulty of the content, the rewards are fine. If Kabam decides to bump them up, ok cool.
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 826 ★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

TyEdge said:

3x the amount of t5cc

Two things.

Although 7.2 rewards were increased it’s not the players expectations that’s the problem it’s the fact that Kabam isn’t following it’s own established precedence in regards to reward increase between story quest chapters. Go look at 6.2 and tell me it doesn’t have almost double the rewards in both completion and exploration compared to 6.1. That’s the standard Kabam established not the players. To keep completion rewards the same and only a modest increase to exploration rewards is a slap in the face to the community and if we just accept it now they have proven in the past that they will only move in the other direction. They will do the bare minimum at best.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★

Although 7.2 rewards were increased it’s not the players expectations that’s the problem.

Well, you're right, that is the problem. Maybe bring your expectations down to normal levels.
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 826 ★★★★
    Odachi said:

OGAvenger said:

Except for the fact that anyone who looks forward to new content usually does so with certain expectations. Whether it’s the expectation of the challenge of more difficult content or the expectation of increased rewards. When those expectations fall short it’s not unreasonable for people to be disappointed even to the point that they lose interest altogether in the new content.