**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What do you think a deathmatch is?

Comments

• Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 574 ★★★
    Deathmatch is a fight where your enemy si 200% more powerful

You can't Say that a deathmatch is your 5/65 Champ vs a 3/45 enemy

A 3/45 5* vs a 3/45 6* is a deathmatch
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,007 ★★★★★

Deathmatch is a fight where your enemy si 200% more powerful

You can't Say that a deathmatch is your 5/65 Champ vs a 3/45 enemy

A 3/45 5* vs a 3/45 6* is a deathmatch

weeeeeeell.....
    It's entirely dependant on who your deathmatch opponent is.
    A 6* r3 of say Phoenix is easier to deal with than 6* r3 Doom
  • Options
    gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★

Death matches are like Schrodinger's Cat. If you lose your streak then it's a death match. If you don't die, well , it's not a death match

You clearly have zero understanding of the Schrodinger's cat paradox. Nice attempt at sounding smart though.
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    The only deathmatch I've faced is when AI refeus to throw specials. If not that case, the bigger they are, the harder they fall! :D
  • Options
    Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    Snuggzy said:

Not this, although a single mistake in any of those matches could have cost me dearly.

You right cause that’s not. Cause of your streak match...if you did that after 20 you wouldn’t of got that.,.as with guy with r2 5s. That has triggered death matches for longest time.....I tested arena this set. If you run your normal teams as you did before this you will be fine
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    PI doesn’t matter as long as they don’t go AoNish.
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Snuggzy said:

Not this, although a single mistake in any of those matches could have cost me dearly.

I think this is also an example of deathmatches. The matchups should not be anything more than 10-15% PI more than your team's.

In your matchup it's clearly visible that the PI rating is more than double your team's.

As Pulyaman suggested, arenas are a test of endurance, not skill. Arenas should not have deathmatches coming up. Their sole purpose is to have the player loose the multiplier. From a game perspective, i do accept the challenge it brings, but at the same time it is discouraging for many players who loose to the matchup.

Kabam should be more transparent and honest about their approach in things. Just being transparent once in a while does not make up for the times when they are not transparent for months together.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

Snuggzy said:

I think this is also an example of deathmatches. The matchups should not be anything more than 10-15% PI more than your team's.

In your matchup it's clearly visible that the PI rating is more than double your team's.

As Pulyaman suggested, arenas are a test of endurance, not skill. Arenas should not have deathmatches coming up. Their sole purpose is to have the player loose the multiplier. From a game perspective, i do accept the challenge it brings, but at the same time it is discouraging for many players who loose to the matchup.

Kabam should be more transparent and honest about their approach in things. Just being transparent once in a while does not make up for the times when they are not transparent for months together.
    Using 4*R5s below streak 20 is asking for 2x PI matchups tbh.

I avoid death matches by using 5*R5s and 6*R2/R3s for streaks 6-20. Never met one since I’ve been doing that.
  • Options
    xNig said:

Snuggzy said:

Using 4*R5s below streak 20 is asking for 2x PI matchups tbh.

I avoid death matches by using 5*R5s and 6*R2/R3s for streaks 6-20. Never met one since I’ve been doing that.

Well, not everyone has 5* R5s and 6*R2/3s.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

Well, I wanted to say if they don't then they're doing the wrong arena, but.... there is now very little middle ground.

That being said... sandbagging is still an option, to spread out who you do have to get past those first 20 odd rounds.

• Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Deathmatch is when opponent exceed 2x or 3x of the total PI than yours is what I consider deathmatch. Kabam did say that this streak formula thing is a bug and never was supposed to be part of the game at all which would be the main reason why folks keep facing deathmatches when using lower ranked champions. The streak formula being a bug was stated in the first new arena update a few months back.

In the picture I often use those method to mix-match and I have never faced a deathmatch when I normally should be, but there’s something about this mixmatch with using 4* I think affect the streak formula bug to act differently. As my r5 5* collection isn’t stacked I always use one highest rank 5* and mix it with two 4* r5. This allows me to use up every 5* collection to muster out enough points even though it’s a slow grind, but after using up all of my 5* the cooldown of the next r5 5* is usually two hours left. I then proceed to do another rarity arena to let them continue resting up and do 2* or 3* arena and then go back.

I know this is a long read but if you want to try to avoid deathmatches as much as possible then maybe this can work for you? Try it after you have secured the streak.
  • Options
    Corkscrew said:

Well, I wanted to say if they don't then they're doing the wrong arena, but.... there is now very little middle ground.

That being said... sandbagging is still an option, to spread out who you do have to get past those first 20 odd rounds.

Most people grind the arena for units, and they are only a limited units available per arena. That's why people have to do multiple arenas.

If they were doing the "wrong arena", then shouldn't kabam bring in 3 arenas, with 540 units in each, and let the player select and get locked into the arena chosen for the cycle.
  • Options
    IcePickIcePick Posts: 212
    As has been said already - quests are for skill. Arena is for endurance and just time commitment. Get rid of death matches. Or set up clear criteria (Ie only use 5 star rank 3 champs and above, etc).

Arena is something you grind while you are watching tv. Not something to get your undivided attention.
  • Options
    Yup. Get rid of deathmatches.

The quests are enough challenge that players need. We don't want an additional burden of deathmatches.
  • Options
    laxthelaxthe Posts: 51
    i think 5r3 can kill anything thrown its way without so much hustle plus if they have suicides its not a death match except for a few champs, i would consider 6r3 no suicide vs 5r2 as a death match.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,007 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    laxthe said:

i think 5r3 can kill anything thrown its way without so much hustle plus if they have suicides its not a death match except for a few champs, i would consider 6r3 no suicide vs 5r2 as a death match.

Again, depends on who the deathmatch is against. 5* r3 can do it, but one slip up and your toast
    Unfortunately, all deathmatches have AoN nodes.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,788 ★★★★★
    What is this?

• Options

What is this?

Deathmatches with the same matchup. It's actually quite common to be matched up with the same teams.
  • Options
    SnuggzySnuggzy Posts: 244 ★★

Deathmatch confirmed.
  • Options
    @Snuggzy said:

Deathmatch confirmed.

Which round is this?
  • Options
    SnuggzySnuggzy Posts: 244 ★★

@Snuggzy said:

Deathmatch confirmed.

Which round is this?
    19 or 20. I can't quite remember.
  • Options
    Yep. Deathmatches are totally irrelevant to the arenas. Makes no sense. Just because someone built them into the arenas long ago, doesn't mean we still need to have them.

The battlerealm is changing, and so should arenas (for the better, without the deathmatches).
  • Options
    Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    It depends on what champs you're using. For Karnak, double PI = deathmatch. For Doom, it takes at least 6 times PI to be a deathmatch.
  • Options
    Soar2878Soar2878 Posts: 143 ★★
    I got a good streak going and then ran into this stuff.

• Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★

Fights like these are fine if you take your time and know the champs you’re using. Half the time arena fights are with champs you don’t fully have the hang of and you mess up.
    Getting hit once in many of these fights and it’s game over.
  • Options
    @Snuggzy said:

@Snuggzy said:

Deathmatch confirmed.

Which round is this?
    19 or 20. I can't quite remember.
    I think only min 4-Star max rank will work properly between rounds 16-20. It is possible to get a good round but if repeating the same rank champs in the following will result is death-match.
  • Options
    @Soar2878 said:

I got a good streak going and then ran into this stuff.

Which round is this?
  • Options

Fights like these are fine if you take your time and know the champs you’re using. Half the time arena fights are with champs you don’t fully have the hang of and you mess up.
    Getting hit once in many of these fights and it’s game over.

This is great skill!
    I have to avoid anything less than 5-Star rank 4 for matches in round 13-15 to progress further.